MaloneBailey Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great opportunities!"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Houston, TX

Pros

My experience at MB has been vastly rewarding - the firm offers its employees the resources necessary to succeed and emphasizes personal and professional growth. Career advancement is available to those that merit it through hard work and a willingness to learn the relevant accounting/auditing standards. The partners and admin group encourage firm-wide activities which exceed similar firms in the industry. In all, this is a great firm to work for career-minded individuals that are willing to utilize the resources available to grow as professionals.

Cons

Benefits could be slightly better.

Advice to Management

Keep emphasizing personal and professional growth of your employees.
    The firm offers a platitude of training seminars which should be continued - however, more personal skill-building seminars should be added to the curriculum.

Aug 31, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience at MaloneBailey has been beneficial to you. We feel career and personal growth are both important and... More

2. "Staff"

I worked at MaloneBailey full-time

Pros

It is hard to come up any

Cons

1. The firm is lack of potential development. It has been going south for the past a few years.
    2. No competitive salary or benefit packages. The firm pays OT, but you will have to work your butt off to reach to the same level of payout as other firms. Budget is very tight due to the size of clients.
    3. Inappropriate jokes and comments from manager level and partner level. NOT professional
    4. Workload is crazy. You will be working under high pressure. Much higher pressure than a lot of other accounting firms
    5. Lack of management skill from the management team
    6. Management team treats people as machine, not human. Some people of the management team covers up lies and throw people under the bus
    7. People are expected to be ready to work 24/7. Quite a few people had to cancel their plans that had been already booked because they were requested to work because if they did not, then they would get a bad performance review

Advice to Management

No advice, to be honest. A lot of people who left them or even got laid off are in a better position. I predicate the turnover rate of staff and clients will continue to be extremely high, and one day the firm either closes itself or gets caught by PCAOB.

Jul 21, 2017 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for providing your feedback with us on your experience while employed at MaloneBailey. Feedback and opinions matter at MaloneBailey, and this concept has in part landed us a spot of... More

3. "Strong Culture, Exceptional Work Life Balance Perks, Challenging Work to Build Your Skills"

I have been working at MaloneBailey full-time

Pros

It was just last Friday in the early afternoon that I was home playing with my daughter and thought to myself how fortunate I am to work at firm that offers so many great work-life balance perks like every other Friday off during the non-busy season - how often is it that you are home mid-day on a weekday - it's so nice! A 9/80 schedule combined with a plethora of opportunities to plug into the firm (committees, focus groups, events, etc.), a business casual environment and more make the culture at MaloneBailey unique for an accounting firm and one that is truly enjoyable, participatory and engaged. All of this is complemented by work that is challenging and that can take your career to the next level. Open door access to management fosters a collaborative and inviting environment, one that welcomes questions and feedback. Working at MaloneBailey has been a rewarding experience; I enjoy the challenge of my work and know that it has made me a more solid professional.

Cons

I do not have anything to share in the area. Like all companies, we evolve and grow and learn ways to improve.

Advice to Management

The work life balance initiatives are much appreciated.

Aug 31, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is great to see that our benefits and activities have made such a positive impact on your time with us. The 9/80 schedule is definitely... More

4. "Good place to start your career"

Pros

You will see a wide variety of transactions and industries here, and you will get experience in more audit areas sooner than you would at other SEC firms. Additionally, the firm has a lot of fun activities and events (happy hours, yearly team-building event, etc.), and there are lots of changes to get involved on committees. The NextGen Council lets the staff share concerns with management. Partners are also very receptive to staff concerns and work with the staff to address concerns about clients and the firm itself.

Cons

Due to the nature of our clients, work can be very stressful. Most employees have 5 - 8 clients, but some have more. Additionally, supervising jobs can be stressful because supervisors tend to be responsible not only for managing the job and the staff, but in many cases doing detail work when staff aren't available.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees better. The bi-monthly achievement award is nice, but the same people get voted over and over again, and it seems like many people feel as though they do a lot of hard work and the only reward is criticism.

Aug 31, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the learning opportunity with the types of clients we have. We’re also glad you take advantage of our many... More

5. "Great place to work for and grow as a professional"

I have been working at MaloneBailey full-time

Pros

Great learning opportunities including training, CPE, and on-the-job training
    Open door policy

Cons

You may work on up to 5-8 engagements at the same time which can be stress-inducing
    Busy season

Advice to Management

More work/life balance and incentives during busy season

Aug 31, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad to hear that you have you have taken advantage of the different learning opportunities at MaloneBailey. We believe that we offer... More

"Staff"

I worked at MaloneBailey full-time

Pros

Convenient location, learning experience in varied areas

Cons

The culture at the firm is not good. There is no such thing as you can have your own life. They expect you to be ready to work 24/7. One thing almost every senior, manager, and partner like to do is to send you emails on Friday afternoon and/or over the weekend and tell you to complete some assignments over the weekend.
    There are some tensions between staff, experienced, seniors, and management because some of them push the staff too much while they always leave at 5pm or earlier, and they are being arrogant and giving the staff hard times. The overall atmosphere is not good, so that explains why the turnover rate is much higher than average. The firm does evaluation twice a year, and always fire a few, so in terms of job security, do not go to MB. The budget is so tight that they will ask you to be more efficient, which basically means either you need to know everything and work straight for at least 8 hours per day with no breaks or eat your time.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage a firm. Do not treat employees as machines, be friendly, generous and considerate. Hire the people who have people skills too, do not only pay attention to their technical.

Aug 31, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very sorry that your experience at MaloneBailey was not a positive one. We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we... More

"Staff"

I worked at MaloneBailey full-time

Pros

Most of the staff are nice. Casual dress code on Monday and Friday.

Cons

Horrible management team. The managers, a few seniors, and partners are unprofessional, emotional, demanding, and arrogant. OT is not that attractive because budget is really tight and starting salary is comparatively lower that market average. A lot of the clients are not the ones you want to work with! Claimed to have work-life-balance, but it is an absolute lie. Always keep you busy, and the partner group only cares about performance and money. I do not recommend working at this firm at all! Do not even do an internship or try to gain some experience here!

Advice to Management

I don't know how this firm will survive in the future while facing higher turnover rate (thanks to the management team), poorer client base and worse reputation. I believe this firm will be acquired or barred at one point.

May 31, 2016 – HR Manager

"Audit Associate"

I have been working at MaloneBailey full-time

Pros

Great place to work and nice people around you. Great training system with mentor program. People here are always nice and easy-going.

Cons

Small company with small-sized clients. The client base is not that stable. The benefit and insurances are limited.

Jun 1, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad to hear that your experience at MaloneBailey is positive. We agree we have a great team! We are also glad to hear that our training... More

"I've Stayed Because It's Great"

I have been working at MaloneBailey full-time

Pros

The exposure to public company accounting and auditing issues in the first year of employment is immense. Opportunity to learn more and at a faster pace that at many firms.
    The firm pays for overtime at the staff and senior level which is uncommon in public accounting.
    The culture is relaxed and lacks the politics that might be found at the larger firms.
    There is always opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Stress - as is common in public accounting. Auditing small public companies full time means many clients and many deadlines throughout the year.

"N/A"

Current Employee - Audit Senior in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in Houston, TX

I have been working at MaloneBailey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staffs get exposure to many different areas of the audit engagement during their first year. The Company continuously train and develop their people and always have room for growth and advancement.

Cons

The health benefits are not that great since this is a smaller firm--less than 100 employees--compared to larger corporation. During the busy season, there is no such thing as work life balance, but that's common in public accounting.

Advice to Management

N/A