KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Malouf Companies CEO, Founder Sam Malouf
Sam Malouf

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Malouf Companies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to work

Sep 26, 2022 - Software Team Lead in Logan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are amazing, culture is great.

Cons

It feels like there are some siloed teams and that people don't really cross lines.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I hope things get better

Sep 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Free lunch everyday. -Onsite barber shop. -Onsite Gym. -The CEO knows my name. -We don't pay anything for benefits.

Cons

The CEO has two family members that work for the company. One of them works in facilities and pulls his weight. The other is a manager over one of the departments and gets special treatment even thought he continually fails, provides inaccurate information to upper management which then leads to poor decisions being made at the highest level. He is never held accountable for failures but instead is given other higher roles in the company. People are leaving the company for better jobs and they aren't hiring to replace them. So fewer people are doing the same amount of work with less people but no added compensation. There is no career advancement within the company.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing workplace, even if it's not perfect

Aug 11, 2022 - Graphic Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Look, read through the other reviews. There's so many perks and benefits to working at Malouf. The lunch, the amenities, the gym, barbers, etc. etc. etc. Once you've been here for a little while, it might be easy to forget that the place is loaded with perks. That doesn't even touch on culture. I'll be honest here, with the challenges of the recent few years, culture is changing. But it's still an amazing culture of hard-working, fun-loving people. I'm not a word-smith, so I can't express adequately that this genuinely is a great place to work.

Cons

Now, it's not perfect. Each team is very proficient at their work. We may not always work between teams in the most efficient way though. One of the main values of Malouf though: Better Every Day. It's not always pleasant when miscommunication or inter-departmental hiccups happen, but we work it out and try to make it better for next time. This in my opinion is the area the company could use the most improvement, as much as I recognize that's a difficult ask with a lot of gray area for how each team would interpret improvement. All of this said, it is FAR outweighed by all the PROS of working at Malouf.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, lots of potential

Aug 12, 2022 - Developer in Logan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, most of management tries, free lunch, parties. My coworkers are hard working, kind, helpful, and intelligent. They are willing to share their knowledge and help when I am stuck. There is a lot of potential for growth. It really feels like we are and some kind of inflection point.

Cons

Pay is on the low end of the industry. Culture is possibly becoming a crutch or a replacement for proper care. Many managers outside of development do not understand enough about development to have a basic conversation with them about a project. Some think it is easy or simple work, and their behavior matches that expectation. Expect to get arrogantly short deadline demands.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place to work!

Sep 19, 2022 - Social Media Manager in Logan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at Malouf is super friendly and nice! It's been a great experience working there. They have amazing teams that are more than happy to give helpful feedback on projects that you're working on. It's a very positive work environment!

Cons

I have no cons to place at this time.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Not what it used to be

Oct 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice benefits and facilities, cool company vision

Cons

Intense internal competition for advancement and those in leadership closely guard against threats to their authority and deflect responsibility. Creative departments are astoundingly inefficient.

7. 1.0

Malouf Can't Keep Top Talent

Jul 29, 2022 - Business Development in Logan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're just looking for a free lunch and a place to blend in you'll be a great fit. If you like to have mediocre managers, subpar leadership, and just a place to show up and get paid a low wage, you've found the place to work.

Cons

Management preaches transparency, but it only applies to what they want. If you ask too many questions about the actual issues you'll get "blacklisted". I've yet to encounter a manager that will actually represent you to management. It's always the other way around. Most managers are just trying to look good to the higher-ups; The actual issues of low pay, flexible work, and career growth get dangled out in lip service, always in the near future. I've been here three years with those great opportunities and bright futures always just around the corner. Ambitious people don't stay.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Consistently the best Company I've worked for

Aug 15, 2022 - Government Affairs Coordinator in Nibley, Optional[UT]
    Business Outlook

Pros

Malouf provides career advancement opportunities. Unique company culture. people typically either thrive at Malouf, or find out it's not for them pretty quickly. Amazing Executives. Company benefits are great. Employees generally feel empowered to dig in, and make a difference.

Cons

Lots of moving parts to the companies operations. It can be hard to keep track of. Different departments all have their own unique strengths and weaknesses, but chain of command communication between departments could be better.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for--not super organized

Jul 15, 2022 - Email Marketing Specialist in Logan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Insurance is great, match 401k, dental, -free lunch every day (AMAZING FOOD) -amazing snack/break room -amazing 24/hr gym, pickleball -warehouse sales -lots of activities with the company -tons of discounts on clothes and furniture -Nice people to work with

Cons

-Working with people not qualified -unorganized structure -not good pay and they don't want to change that. -no one gets fired, they just wait for them to quit -HR: Many of my coworkers had complaints sent in and felt like it wasn't handled well. I only had annoyance after I left.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Malouf

Sep 19, 2022 - Purchasing Analyst in Logan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sam, the owner of Malouf, is a great person and cares a lot about his employees Health Insurance Co-Workers

Cons

Somewhat flat management structure still figuring out our business plan and objectives communication between departments is lacking

Viewing 1 - 10 of 453 Reviews

Malouf Companies Reviews FAQs

Malouf Companies has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 459 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Malouf Companies to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Malouf Companies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Malouf Companies. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

90% of Malouf Companies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Malouf Companies 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Malouf Companies to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Malouf Companies Job Seekers