ManTech Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
ManTech CEO Kevin Phillips
Kevin Phillips

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work/life balance since you get to work from home once a week" (in 19 reviews)

• "Good benefits and great locations" (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is sometimes a challenge" (in 8 reviews)

• "large company spread throughout the world, making it difficult to connect with employees/colleagues" (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Absolutely love this company and the experience and opportunity for growth it has provided me in such a short time."

Current Employee - Information Systems Security Officer in Vandenberg AFB, CA
    Current Employee - Information Systems Security Officer in Vandenberg AFB, CA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits package and advancement opportunity, they truly understand the correlation between education, knowledge, and understanding and how it propels you into those roles for advancement opportunities.

Cons

None, I am truly satisfied with the way thus company keeps you informed.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for corporate to meet with distant employees in person.

Apr 17, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of ManTech. We appreciate all feedback, but it is especially rewarding when that feedback is positive. At ManTech, we strive to provide all of our... More

2. "System Engineer"

I have been working at ManTech full-time

Pros

Great place to work

Cons

If you are employed to support a contract, employment could be short lived.

Aug 20, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for reviewing ManTech. We appreciate your feedback and will continue working hard to provide all of our employees with a positive experience.

- Jeff Brody, Chief Human Resources Officer

3. "Solid Overall"

Former Employee - Logistician Intern in Altadena, CA
    Former Employee - Logistician Intern in Altadena, CA

I worked at ManTech (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at the office are some of the nicest and most professional people I have ever worked with. From day one, I felt welcomed. Co workers were more than willing to help me learn the ins and outs of what I was doing. Upper management was always welcoming and open to suggestions.

Cons

No real cons, everything was pretty great.

"Mantech"

Former Employee - Tech III in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Tech III in Huntsville, AL

I worked at ManTech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay was not bad. Had my own office.

Cons

No respect. Wrong people in charge. Everyone is your boss. Treat you poorly if not personal friend of boss.

Advice to Management

Need to treat your workers with some respect. Too many Cheifs, not enough Indians.

5. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and great work environment

Cons

Sometime lacking clear direction of employment path, sometime feel like just a number

6. "Director"

I worked at ManTech full-time

Pros

Client site work location

Cons

Business Unit level management was disconnected with client site employees

"Security"

Former Employee - Security in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Security in Columbia, MD

I worked at ManTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of positions available. Growing company which makes for better opportunities

Cons

Sub contractors run their projects. Management is awful, lack professionalism and the ability to run projects. To many people sitting around doing nothing all day.

Advice to Management

The higher ups needs to pay attention to what is going on with these contracts. To many of your prime contracts are being managed and ran by sub contractors. Some of your TTO 's /leads need training on being professional and how to run their projects. When your own employee has a concern about the work environment, they need to listen. I've seen good people with a lot of knowledge leave the company.

8. "Good Company but no support"

Former Employee - Senior Sharepoint Developer in Portsmouth, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Sharepoint Developer in Portsmouth, VA

I worked at ManTech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have had several excellent assignments through ManTech. If you want to work in the government sector in IT, they can provide a lot of opportunities.

Cons

You are less than a number to them, you are completely expendable. When they lost a contract, they didn't even notify the thirty employees working at our site, we found out from the competitor who won the contract. We were told, if you wanted to stay with ManTech, "Go check out BrassRing to see what we have". Zero effort in retaining employees, and I had been with them twelve years.

Advice to Management

Skilled IT professionals are not equipment you can just swap out. I can go work for ANY government contractor. If you don't show me you are the least bit interested in being a PARTNER in my career, I will show you as much loyalty as you show me.

9. "Good place"

I have been working at ManTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, never boring, challenging, small, room for growth

Cons

Facility is old (at least in mine) there are many more facilities around the country that i'm sure are nice; but the one I work at needs to be bulldozed.

Advice to Management

Recognize more holidays

"Needs to work on truly being an Employer of Choice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most managers allow for flexible hours and remote work.

Cons

This company continues to grow by acquiring companies and gaining work however doesn't maintain a substantial support staff on overhead. They will preach about how well they are doing in the market however still reduce headcount for indirect staff to assist with hitting the numbers for stockholders due to not projecting realistic and obtainable goals. Good, hard working employees are overworked, burned out or laid off due to this poor planning . Over the past 10 years, I have seen this company struggle and come back out of a rough economy but a common practice is to do more with less and to not have appropriate level of support available. There is no such thing as job security at this company, to include individuals who excel and are recognized for good work during performance evaluations.

Advice to Management

Truly grow leaders and management staff instead of hiring from external sources, which results in changes constantly and lower production along with low morale. Provide adequate support staff and support the support staff in order to facilitate continued success.

Jan 3, 2019 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for writing a review of ManTech. We take all feedback very seriously in order to continually improve our employee engagement experiences. This detailed review is appreciated.

Given your... More