ManTech Employee Reviews about "military"

Updated Jun 11, 2020

4.3
ManTech CEO Kevin Phillips
Kevin Phillips
Pros
  • "Good benefits and easy to work with the Program Managers and Regional Managers(in 53 reviews)

• "Family friendly, good pay, great benefits especially in regards to education(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company's SSO should make all attempts to concurrently obtain needed military and civilian clearances when bringing someone in(in 17 reviews)

• "It's a large company so unless you're a unique individual with a skill set that is rare you can easily be just a number at the company(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "military"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Working with a Team"

5.0
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Sterling, VA

I have been working at ManTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great company that places its people first and wants them to make a positive impact not only with the company but within themselves. Company provides many opportunities for one to succeed as well as progress upwards within the company.

Cons

The only drawback is the length of time it takes to bring someone win with the proper clearances.The company's SSO should make all attempts to concurrently obtain needed military and civilian clearances when bringing someone in. This is especially critical when the new employee has one and not the other. The delay in compiling the needed documents is significantly delayed when the work is not done concurrently.

2. COVID-19

"Dont Even Bother with this position if you are truly in the IT field"

Former Employee - Vulnerability Management Analyst

I worked at ManTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

COVID caused a 99% remote schedule.

Cons

Clueless Management. Mixed Environment of Military , Civilian, and contractor make it a murky environment to deal with. Military is in charge and Civilians "bend the knee" to them regardless of how silly the tasking. Senior contractors run the section and barely provide any training to newer folks. They hired 10 people to do the job 2 people can do, then management complains that not everyone is participating......Barely get any "analyst" tools to use but management expects a full report of whats going so they can brief leadership and take the credit. Civilian leads are clueless. Recruiters stated in the screen that employee needed HBSS, ACAS, Tanium, etc experience and none of that is used in the job. One guy wears a suit to work 5 days a week look the part of "management" but never has a clue of whats going on. I understand the concept of professional but we sit in cubicles all day, polo and pants suffice, no need to look like you're taking a trip to the white house. The job is 5 days onsite with zero telework option prior to covid. The elders at the top of the mountain had no clue what VPN was up until a few months ago and realized the whole job can be done from the house, and now they want telework to be canceled because they feel that employees are "slacking" at their homes regardless of work completion. Endless amount of meetings that utilize IT buzzwords that this knowledge cant even be used for a job interviews because 100% of the meetings are time wasters and irrelevant to anything. 98% of the employees in this section have zero technical IT experience only conversational experience. Guaranteed most of the folks have no clue how to configure a domain controller or even know what Active Directory is. If you want to dive into the "cybersecurity / IT Ops" side of the house..........dont, you'll lose your technical skill wasting time here.

3. "Very good experience"

Former Contractor - Senior Field Engineer in Tacoma, WA

I worked at ManTech for less than a year

Pros

Govt. contract provided great salary, decent benefits package.

Cons

So big that it was easy to feel disconnected. Much like being back in the military.

"military contract"

I worked at ManTech

Pros

Reasonable benefits. Friendly enough management.

Cons

Military contracts end. There is no compensation offered when this happens, however suddenly. No useful training or employee investment/development.

5. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Vandenberg AFB, CA

I have been working at ManTech full-time

Pros

Work-Life balance is great. Employees embed themselves with their military counterparts (the customer), and are treated pretty much as members of the team.

Cons

Military runs the projects you work on. You can advise, and most of the time they listen, but you have no final say in direction. So in many ways, your performance is directly tied to some young Lieutenant or Captain. The typical Contractor worries are involved here. If you're looking for job security, this isn't the right place. The military has to take the lowest price, technically acceptable contract, which means once your contract is up there's a good chance you might see your salary drop or run the risk of not getting picked up by a different company.

Continue reading

"I was paid well and it was a solidly run company."

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA

I worked at ManTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management was pretty low key and helpful. Good people at the company for the most part.

Cons

You are working in support capacity for the US military, so your job helps to facilitate the slaughter of a lot of innocent people overseas.

Continue reading

"Good company but budget cuts and mid level mangement ruin the outlook for this company"

I worked at ManTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great HR assistance. Amazing people to work with. Senior level management comes around and are very polite and respectful.

Cons

Midlevel managers aren't very good leaders. Make a mistake and there are no second chances you WILL be fired especially if that mistake is found by management. No flexible with those with another job, Had problems with being a military reservist and working for Man-tech.

Continue reading
  8. "Reliability and Maintainability"

Former Employee - Reliability Engineer, Staff in Lexington Park, MD

I worked at ManTech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A job and a paycheck

Cons

Working away from the main building makes one a second class citizen. FLSA/SCA is not followed for people not requiring medical and dental benefits. They refused to react when I requested pay in lieu of benefits, as prescribed. They charged the government a fully burdened rate, including employee benefits. Funny, their contract people do benefits, rather than HR. Dealing with the legal people is like talking to a wall. Their profit is the sole motivator. Much favoritism, and no tolerance for criticism. Retired senior military members in management have went sycophant

Continue reading

"Severely abused by management and other employees were encouraged by management to disrespect employees."

1.0
    Former Employee - Logistics Specialist in Norfolk, VA

I worked at ManTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many of the computer programs were easy to use and we had excellent IT support. They have excellent benefits.

Cons

Many Navy retirees in positions of authority abuse employees and treat them unfairly. Favoritism is given when filling Job vacancies. I have personally seen jobs given to friends and family members who had no experience in the industry at all. In my case, people with no experience were hired above me and I was tasked with teaching them their job. Being a military retiree myself, a disabled veteran and a grandfather with a bachelors degree, this was the most horrible experience in my employment history.

10. "Subcontracted out"

Former Employee - Instructor in Indian Head, MD

I worked at ManTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ManTech was comparable to other large companies, with different groups focused in different areas. The HR, Pay people, and immediate leadership for my unit were very good to work with.

Cons

Subcontracted out put us under Government Service and active duty military leadership, some who were great and treated us like true team members, while others couldn't wait to rid us from their work spaces.

Found 17 reviews