Managed Health Care Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Managed Health Care Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2019

3.4
Managed Health Care Associates President Michael J. Sicilian (no image)
Michael J. Sicilian
Pros
Cons
  • "They keep hiring new VP's to 'help the company grow' but the organization is already top heavy and they won't listen to new ideas anyway(in 8 reviews)

• "Many employees come and go quite frequently, mostly because of the low pay and miniscule pay "raises"(in 5 reviews)

"Overall, a nice company to work for"

Former Employee - Junior Business Intelligence Developer in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Managed Health Care Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, coworkers became quick friends, small enough company to make a difference, etc.

Cons

Top heavy management, pay wasn't very competitive while I was there

Managed Health Care Associates2019-03-19

"Good place to start your career, recent graduates most welcome, and if you want to work in relax environment."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Managed Health Care Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

No work pressure, relaxing environment, some technology they are working on are outdated, interview was not that complex.Remote flexibility for full time employees 1 day a week, flexible work hours, you can roam around during lunch breaks

Cons

Less pay, lack of opportunity to grow within an organization, average benefits, no bonus, very high turnover, people come and start gossiping about new opportunities.

Advice to Management

Employees should be paid enough to reduce high turnaround ratio. Better employees should be given an opportunity Instead of letting them go.

Managed Health Care Associates2019-07-26
  3. "Good stepping stone but need improvement"

Former Employee - Reconciliation Analyst

I worked at Managed Health Care Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was there for almost 2 years and this is what I took away: Great steeping stone for recent grads. It’s a smaller company so you have a lot more exposure then you would at a bigger company especially starting off in your career which leads you being involved in a lot of projects/meetings. You can learn a lot in a short time about yourself and your interests. When the company is filled with young employees and... all they want is growth and better pay, its hard to improve the culture and boost morale when it’s a rotating door. But still, they’ve tried to implement some changes like summer hours and causal dress. Very much a 9-5 so if that’s what you want, this is the place.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. Everyone is looking to leave. Everyone on a team of 8, all 8 left within 1.5 years. Very top heavy. Barely any bonus or raise Lateral growth is the only option unless you’re in sales Pay was terrible when I was there although I’ve heard this is slightly improved My advise: If you’re going to work there, make the best of it and absorb all the information and skills that you... can and move on to better places.

Managed Health Care Associates2019-03-20
  4. "Improvement needed"

I worked at Managed Health Care Associates

Pros

-the people I worked alongside -certain upper management is willing to try to help you succeed -good stepping stone right out of college

Cons

-not much room to grow -older technology -salary is much below what others make at the same level/position elsewhere

Advice to Management

As mentioned, this is a good company to work for right out of college. It’s an introduction to the “corporate world” but is a lax environment as well. My advice to management is to allow employees that’s are currently working at the company to grow. The “higher” level positions are taken my outside people. I understand that is needed at times however, why not allow for current employees to grow within the company... as well? I’ve seen it happen just a handful of times, where people have grown however, it really requires the employee to push for the growth, rather than management pushing for that employee to grow. It’ll also decrease the large turnover rate that MHA experiences.

Managed Health Care Associates2019-03-20

"Overall review"

Director in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Managed Health Care Associates for more than 8 years

Pros

Outstanding organization and outstanding leadership

Cons

Occasionally should have greater clarity re: strategic projection

Managed Health Care Associates2019-01-09

"Personal Account rep"

Current Employee - Par in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Managed Health Care Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are amazing. This is definitely a company that is great for a first job. You will definitely develope your career skills and learn as much you can.

Cons

Pay isn’t really that great

Managed Health Care Associates2018-06-22

"Developing Corporate Culture"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Managed Health Care Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has transformed substantially in the past 3 years since I started. Management has placed an emphasis on company perks such as Summer Hours, Year Round Casual Dress, and Management Training. Work life balance is great and not a culture where you are plugged in 24/7.

Cons

Technology improvements can be made to improve efficiency and productivity.

Advice to Management

You can never have too much training and overall communication.

Managed Health Care Associates2018-05-23

"Absolutely fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Sparta, NJ

I have been working at Managed Health Care Associates full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great management. Great culture. Work hard and you will be rewarded. Plenty of opportunity to grow and be promoted within the organization if you prove yourself

Cons

Pay a little low but if you work hard you will be rewarded. Not too many cons to tell you the truth

Advice to Management

Pay everyone a little more

Managed Health Care Associates2018-05-12
  9. "Company wants to grow but has ignores certain important thing"

I have been working at Managed Health Care Associates full-time

Pros

nice people in management positions

Cons

communication could be better between departments

Managed Health Care Associates2018-03-16

"Just checking in..."

I worked at Managed Health Care Associates full-time

Pros

It's a stepping stone that will allow you to find other opportunities. That's honestly it.

Cons

Has a near 100% turnover rate since the end of 2016.. let me repeat that... nearly a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT TURNOVER RATE in the operations department.. if I had to guess, overall turnover is something around 30-40%). People quit left and right or simply talk constantly about quitting. -No real bonus structure.. how they even manage to get new employees is beyond me -Raises/median salary is a joke.. in the year or... so since I've left, I've nearly doubled my salary -No real benefits -The level of micromanagement is obscene.. talk about people who take themselves too seriously. You can be doing your work perfectly well yet still catch flack because you were seen using your cell phone or were at lunch too long. Um.. how old are we again? This kind of stuff doesn't happen at real companies. Trust your employees. If they're doing their work, leave them alone. You pay a crap salary with no benefits and treat your employees like children yet sit there befuddled over your extreme turnover rate -The best speech we ever got to address turnover was from a director of operations.. they let us know how "the grass isn't always greener on the other side." Golly, how encouraging! Management is out of touch since none of them have had real job experience outside of MHA.

Advice to Management

Rip up your entire rule book and adopt a more progressive style of management. Don't baby and micromanage your employees because it will make them resent you and they will all quit as you continue to see time and time again.

Managed Health Care Associates2017-11-16