Management & Training Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
R. Scott Marquardt

Pros
Cons
  • Maui job corps also known as hotel Micronesia (in 4 reviews)

• I wish we could hire more people, but no one wants to leave (in 3 reviews)

1. "Management"

Former Employee - Management in Hazleton, PA
    Former Employee - Management in Hazleton, PA

I worked at Management & Training Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

health benefits, 401k plan, company culture, good work-life balance

Cons

nothing to list at this time

2. "Solid Company With Poor Pay"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Management & Training Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are many DOL contractors out there but MTC is one of the best. Working for the Feds is a bureaucratic mess, as often their requirements and mandates conflict or seem ill thought out. That being said, MTC does its best to be a fair, positive, and supportive company and they offer training, advancement, and a strong rhetoric of doing what's best for staff and students.

Cons

The company doesn't give raises, although you can get promoted. Likewise they can get real cheap on basic amenities and updates. They often feel antiquated and very 1980s. I wouldn't doubt if they had a closet full of typewriters at their Salt Lake Corporate office.

Advice to Management

I worked at a Job Corps center and management, while at times dramatic, was awesome! I traveled to corporate a bit and their management was hit or miss. Offer stronger corporate support, hire more specialist and less generalist and be careful on your choices for VPS as it has a tremendous effect.

3. "Correctional Officer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, OH

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overtime pay is where you make your money

Cons

work way too much mandatory overtime.

5. "Great people to work with"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Centerville, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Centerville, UT

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow, they live up to their mission of 'Making a social impact'

Cons

None I can think of

6. "Correctional officer"

Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Woodville, MS
    Current Employee - Correctional Officer in Woodville, MS

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The experience and pay benefits getting to meet different people and also getting the opportunity to work in other fields relating to law enforcement.

Cons

My cons would be around alot of offenders.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be to promote the business, and make sure the to not hire just anyone to do the job. Because correction is not for everybody.

7. "Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Pros

Great management team. Company takes care of their own. Loved my team.

Cons

Salary could be better. Not much opportunity for advancement but able to move to different departments.

8. "Librarian"

Former Employee - Librarian in East Point, GA
    Former Employee - Librarian in East Point, GA

I worked at Management & Training Corporation part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with students in need of a second chance at completing their education and or job readiness. I was able to setup extra-curricular programs such as, Speech Craft, The Elite Book Club, Poetry Club, Math Club and others.

Cons

None with the company. Sometimes it was difficult to understand why the majority of our students
    did not realize the need to become more involved in their educational opportunities.

Advice to Management

Our management team believed in their jobs, they stressed company policies and adhered to MTC core programs.

9. "Not bad but not good either"

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation full-time

Pros

Training opportunities for upward mobility especially if you are willing to move.

Cons

some of the people who would provide technical assistance would have no real guidance or wouldn't agree with what the last corporate person put in place so they would change it. A lot of who you know kind of attitude

Advice to Management

More practical and useful training on site

"Deceitful and Blind Bwk, GA Job Corps."

I have been working at Management & Training Corporation full-time

Pros

The students are getting their trade, and love working towards their goal. Great Benefits

Cons

Where do I begin...R.A's, get treated like maintenance crew, told to buff and clean floors; if the students dont do it, or do a good job, it falls on the R.A's, down to darn near spit shinning bathroom and rooms as well. RA's have to count nasty linen after beds are stripped weekly.
    R.A's, if not popular with other R.A's, staff, or S.R.A, they miss out on functions, and get degraded.
    Management rewards popular staff even if the staff being rewarded, curses at the students, hits the students, and buys students items, to get tasks done easily, although against the rules. Management gives into their favorites instead of the deserving staff.
    Students bring in drugs, aren't search properly. Students arent held accountable for their actions, due to numbers, in order to get an increase in numbers or stability, management will overlook the zero tolerance policy.
    Pay should be more, especially for being maids,and maintenance, when your an R.A..
    Absolutely NO TRAINING for staff, you just watch a few videos in HR re: attendance, benefits, clocking in/out procedures, then you're on a selected dorm, and expected to know the in's and out's. IT'S A SET UP FOR FAILURE.

Advice to Management

Stop being blinded to disrespectful staff, make students be accountable for their actions and get maintenance to buff floors

11. "RESIDENTIAL ADVISOR"

Former Employee - Residential Advisor in Clearfield, UT
    Former Employee - Residential Advisor in Clearfield, UT

I worked at Management & Training Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoyment working with intercity kids ages 16 - 25. Sharing life experiences and overcoming fears and tribulations.

Cons

No job security, very inexperience managers.

Advice to Management

Get better trained managers who are caring and knowledgible.