Manatee County Government Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2018

Found 24 reviews

3.5
Ed Hunzeker
  1. "Excellent Local Government Career Opportunity!"

I have been working at Manatee County Government full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly/Helpful Co-Workers Incredible Paid Time Off Onsite Fitness Center Generous Paid Holidays Tuition Reimbursement Massages included in the health benefits package for only $25!

Cons

I don't have any Cons to add.

Advice to Management

None.

Manatee County Government2018-09-11
  2. "Great atmosphere, bad outlook"

I have been working at Manatee County Government full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like my management, I like my job, benefits at Manatee are great.

Cons

Although benefits at the County are great (though not entirely free, you will have to pay a portion out of your paycheck), good benefits are really not enough to make me feel appreciated as an employee. Better pay would. Unfortunately, I can see all of my colleagues' salaries online, and many of these people have decades of experience in the field and are making about 10k more than me a year. We all should get about a...

Advice to Management

Show your employees you value them by going up to bat for better pay. $500 more a year in cost of living raises isn't going to cut it if you want to reduce turnover.

Manatee County Government2018-11-08
  3. "A nice place to work"

I have been working at Manatee County Government full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits. Culture can depend on what department you work in. I personally have enjoyed the culture and people that I work with... Generally speaking management and administration cares about their employees.

Cons

There can be localized fiefdoms throughout departments and divisions. This can cause difficulties when working on cross-departmental initiatives. It causes waste and inefficiencies.

Advice to Management

Be proactive whenever possible, invest time into employee reviews with specific ways employees can improve and the specific ways an employee is contributing to the organisation.

Manatee County Government2018-01-25
  4. "Best Place To Work"

Current Employee - Property Management in Manatee, FL

I have been working at Manatee County Government full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co workers, excellent health care plan/options, great fitness center, very supportive to stay healthy, benefits are very good in general. Again, the people whom work there are the best. You can talk to anyone at any time. Best job so far I have had.

Cons

Can not think of any at the moment.

Manatee County Government2018-01-20
  5. "Each Department is Different"

I have been working at Manatee County Government full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, you'll feel welcome among coworkers

Cons

Upper level management can be resistant to change and they don't always stand up for their staff, which can make work difficult.

Manatee County Government2018-01-17
  6. "Information Services"

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Manatee County Government full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are an ITIL shop that has a strong leader in place. Great medical benefits.

Cons

Very little opportunity for upward movement. Many positions are very limited in focus and responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Cross-train your staff for more depth and invest in better training to advance skills and talent.

Manatee County Government2018-01-16

January 19, 2018Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your 3 years of service! Providing cross-training, career ladders and leadership opportunities for all staff are a priority for 2018. We are preparing to launch a web-based learning management system that will enable us to provide more opportunities for staff. Again, ...

7. "HR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Manatee County Government full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and benefits along with great long term advancement opportunities. Great use of technology and willingness to change practices that reflect a good live work balance.

Cons

Lower starting pay and can imagine it might be difficult for new hires to acclimate into some departments/programs.

Advice to Management

Work from home options need to be an option to continue to be competitive in the marketplace.

Manatee County Government2017-11-21
  8. "Manatee County Probation Officer"

I worked at Manatee County Government full-time

Pros

Co-workers are great, solid benefits especially medical

Cons

Very Low Pay, weak management, terrible work load distribution among employees, unprofessional work environment, very dead end job

Advice to Management

Need management clarity - not sure who is in charge, talk to all of your employees not just a few

Manatee County Government2017-10-23
  9. "Community Services"

I have been working at Manatee County Government full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmoshphere and team. Benefits location and hours were great

Cons

Salary was low compared to neighboring county counterparts.

Advice to Management

Conduct a market salary analysis and increase salary based on findings.

Manatee County Government2017-08-30

September 18, 2017HR Manager Employment Division

Thank you for your feedback, we are always seeking ways to improve. Manatee County Government is in the process of reevaluating all positions compensation levels with Pay Scale, a nationally recognized leader in position compensation evaluations. Feel free to contact HR if you would ...

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Bradenton, FL

Pros

Great people, wonderful management, top of the line benefits, creative freedom, opportunity for advancement, all around wonderful place to work.

Cons

Heavy workload, low compensation

Advice to Management

If an employee is doing more than what their job entails or gets a higher certification they should be properly compensated. County employee salary is public information and it is disheartening to see where you fall on the pay scale when you are working harder than so many others.

Manatee County Government2017-07-25

July 27, 2017HR Manager Employment Division

Thank you for your response. Manatee County is actively reviewing compensation for all positions in an effort to become more competitive in the marketplace. We don’t currently offer incentive pay for educational achievements, however, we do invest in our employees by offering tuition ...

Found 24 reviews