Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino Reviews
70% would recommend to a friend
(158 total reviews)
99% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good pay thanks to union." (in 18 reviews)
- "The benefits are getting less great but they are still good." (in 10 reviews)
- "Free food at the EDR" (in 7 reviews)
- "friendly people to work with" (in 6 reviews)
- "Decent pay, great benefits and flexibility" (in 5 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino and is not affected by filters.
Found 158 of over 168 reviews
Updated Nov 20, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Aug 25, 2023Host/Food RunnerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLas Vegas, NV
Great company with very kind and helpful people in all departments. As long as you are willing to communicate to your managers, they do their best to help you grow and transfer. At least within the food and bev dept. Union and great benefits
Some managers were just not good at their job. Good people but not good at their job. Edr food is okay. Scheduling and getting hours can be hard if on call.
- 4.0Sep 5, 2023ConciergeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLas Vegas, NV
Friendly, good benefits, fun, great place to learn the industry
Hours are not concrete and you work whenever they need you1
- 4.0May 24, 2023Casino Credit ClerkCurrent Employee
I love the most of the management team in the casino cage. Company offers paid lunch so you’re working 7 hours but getting paid for 8 hours. PTO is pretty generous. Flexible schedule. Lots of perks via MGM resorts.
The upper management(executives not working in the Casino) have absolutely no clue on providing support to their management and staff at casino level. They constantly hire part time on-call positions ever since Covid restrictions were lifted. This leads to constant staff shortages and overworked employees.1
- 3.0Aug 15, 2023BellmanFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLas Vegas, NV
Union benefits a one hour break
Richie bellman that won’t retire and inability to have a set schedule.
- 5.0May 25, 2023Apprentice Banquet BartenderFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLas Vegas, NV
Strong management team, good staff recognition/rewards, life/work balance, benefits.
Fluctuating work demand, parking can be busy on game days.
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino Reviews FAQs
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 168 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
70% of Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.