Manhattan Associates Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.6
Manhattan Associates President & CEO Eddie Capel
Eddie Capel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • When it comes to work-life balance, I feel I've gotten the better side of this than some in other divisions (in 38 reviews)

• Good for people having Interest in Supply Chain Domain (in 92 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people Manhattan hires are amazing. From top-to-bottom, they are some of the nicest and fun people I've met in the professional world. When it comes to work-life balance, I feel I've gotten the better side of this than some in other divisions...I guess that's the difference between operations and administration. CSO/PSO travel and have to support clients...it's the nature of the job to work a bit longer and stay overnight out of state. As a global company, calls come in at all hours of the day...can't help that. But, when it comes to compensation and environment, I think it caters to those in PSO/CSO well.

Cons

The recent layoff was bad, yes, and caught everyone by surprise. But with the changes in the business and product line, changes needed to be made in order to secure the success of the business's new initiatives. When people get laid off, they are hurt by it, obviously, and the company didn't want to do it...it's a publically traded business...simple as that. Additionally, the benefits are great, but the vacation policy is lacking.

Advice to Management

Give more vacation, receive better reviews on Work/Life Balance. More vacation time doesn't mean less productivity...it's insane to think that way. Compete with the other software companies in town on this front better. Additionally, more amenities for younger crowds would be ideal. Ping-Pong tables, study groups for certifications/technologies, some beer every now and then...little things that can provide employees a release or a way to break up the day a bit more would go a long way in the productivity of these employees when at their desk. If gives them something to work towards other than money/bonus. It's cheap and easy...yet the return is amazing. Work from home would be nice 2-4 times a month as well...at a minimum. For a tech company...this is a no-brainer.

2. "Consultant PSO"

Former Employee - Consultant PSO in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant PSO in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots to learn, smart people, exposure to different clients

Cons

About 75% travel but that is part of PSO consultant job that you sign up for

3. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work experience at a young age, good pay, feel like your role matters

Cons

Work Life Balance, vacation day plan is not great

Advice to Management

Align consultants with their skill sets rather than random placement

4. "Great place to start, bad place to grow"

Former Employee - Pso Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Pso Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are some of the smartest, hardest-working people I've had the opportunity to work with. Great exposure to learning how to be a consultant by being client facing, traveling, expensing, etc. Learn a ton of technical skills that are transferrable everywhere. Manhattan Associates is truly one of the best in the WMS world and they continue to put out a good product with that. Good work/life balance overall, and lots of opportunity to travel domestically and internationally very early on.

Cons

Absolutely no accountability. There will be weeks where you will be required to work a ton, and then weeks where there is literally no work to do at all.
    Everything at this company is tenure-based, and not performance based. To do anything (work remote, be promoted, etc), you have to be there for two+ years or no one considers anything, no matter how well you're doing. Promotions only occur at the end of the year, meaning hire classes who began in June will be promoted at the same time a hire class began six months after.
    Managers say working remote is not allowed, yet the office is a ghost town most days of the week.
    Staffing at this company is a joke. Love to throw around buzzwords such as "there is work in the pipeline" or "retail headwinds have delayed our progress."
    Bonuses are company based and not performance based, which has led to constant misses on bonuses for the last 8 quarters.
    Every mid year or performance review is the same for every consultant - "He/she is right where they need to be, but they need to be a bit better technically."
    Salary is great to begin (especially right out of college), but small bumps year after year and consultant to senior consultant are laughable.
    The senior management is incredibly disconnected from the rest of this company. Missed forecasts caused layoffs and hundreds of people to leave the company in the span of six months. Senior management truly does not know or understand what is going on on the ground floor and makes no effort to connect to anyone on their teams. I've never worked at a company before this where the only time you hear from anyone VP or up is in a rare email sent company wide (never had anything in person).
    With the above, sub par recognition program. Recognition from Project Manager and below occurs for just internal team, but VP's and above have no idea who anyone is below a certain level.
    No stock options offered to start. Stock has done terribly recently. Too much time spent investing in the incorrect softwares.
    Very high turnover. Need to change something to get people to stay.

Advice to Management

Connect to the rest of your company and try to understand the culture that is happening below you. Be better at forecasting. Learn the market you're in and be better at adapting before shake ups occur and stop trying to play catch up afterwards.

5. "Great Place to Learn"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a ton about software as well as how to implement it in large organizations. My team was (mostly) full of well educated and motivated people.

The company paid well and invested a lot in supplementary training programs for me. Fun holiday parties. Flexible Hours.

I am grateful for my 4 years there.

Cons

Office space was lame, I understand they have since upgraded it. Travel can get overwhelming at times, but this is expected and communicated beforehand.

Advice to Management

I suspect the world of pricey software implementations are being eaten up by the SaaS companies. The total cost of ownership of Manh applications seems like an opportunity for disruption.

6. "Definitely recommend this internship program to aspiring software engineers."

Former Intern - Research and Development Co-op in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Research and Development Co-op in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Chill work environment; friendly, helpful and smart colleagues; great CEO who has a clear vision of the company’s future; fun internship program with free lunches and swag.

Cons

The work I did as an intern was uninteresting - Technology transfer of web application from old to new framework.

"Worked here for two yrs. Very collaborative environment. Great people.nice"

Former Contractor - Accounting in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Accounting in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities with a good location and free covered parking. Excellent information systems. Inclusive management that acknowledges and rewards performance.

Cons

None really. If I had to say something negative it would be that there are sometimes long hours with little notice but extra efforts are appropriately rewarded.

8. "Alot to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to know details of Manhattan WMS fucntionality

Cons

No work life balance - lenghty working hours

9. "Great company. Enjoyed working there."

Former Employee - Enterprise Technical Services ETS in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Technical Services ETS in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Manhattan has brought together an outstanding array of friendly, highly motivated professionals. I learned a great deal from them during the 6 years I worked there.

Cons

If anything, I would say that Manhattan is a little bit top heavy.

"Once was a good place to work but no more"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great healthcare benefits
    Interesting work
    Fortune 500 clients

Cons

No work/life balance unless you demand it
    Expected to work in excess of 40 hours with no reward
    Clients nickel and dimed to death
    Cannot work from home unless personal emergency
    No security ~ your position can be eliminated at any time for any reason

Advice to Management

Get it together