Manhattan Associates Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.6
Manhattan Associates President & CEO Eddie Capel
Eddie Capel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • When it comes to work-life balance, I feel I've gotten the better side of this than some in other divisions (in 36 reviews)

• Great insight on Supply chain domain (in 89 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people Manhattan hires are amazing. From top-to-bottom, they are some of the nicest and fun people I've met in the professional world. When it comes to work-life balance, I feel I've gotten the better side of this than some in other divisions...I guess that's the difference between operations and administration. CSO/PSO travel and have to support clients...it's the nature of the job to work a bit longer and stay overnight out of state. As a global company, calls come in at all hours of the day...can't help that. But, when it comes to compensation and environment, I think it caters to those in PSO/CSO well.

Cons

The recent layoff was bad, yes, and caught everyone by surprise. But with the changes in the business and product line, changes needed to be made in order to secure the success of the business's new initiatives. When people get laid off, they are hurt by it, obviously, and the company didn't want to do it...it's a publically traded business...simple as that. Additionally, the benefits are great, but the vacation policy is lacking.

Advice to Management

Give more vacation, receive better reviews on Work/Life Balance. More vacation time doesn't mean less productivity...it's insane to think that way. Compete with the other software companies in town on this front better. Additionally, more amenities for younger crowds would be ideal. Ping-Pong tables, study groups for certifications/technologies, some beer every now and then...little things that can provide employees a release or a way to break up the day a bit more would go a long way in the productivity of these employees when at their desk. If gives them something to work towards other than money/bonus. It's cheap and easy...yet the return is amazing. Work from home would be nice 2-4 times a month as well...at a minimum. For a tech company...this is a no-brainer.

"Worked here for two yrs. Very collaborative environment. Great people.nice"

Former Contractor - Accounting in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Accounting in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities with a good location and free covered parking. Excellent information systems. Inclusive management that acknowledges and rewards performance.

Cons

None really. If I had to say something negative it would be that there are sometimes long hours with little notice but extra efforts are appropriately rewarded.

3. "good to work"

Current Contractor - Devops Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Devops Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

new tools to learn
    good work

Cons

less opportunity, repeated work, timings

4. "Alot to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to know details of Manhattan WMS fucntionality

Cons

No work life balance - lenghty working hours

5. "Great company. Enjoyed working there."

Former Employee - Enterprise Technical Services ETS in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Enterprise Technical Services ETS in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Manhattan has brought together an outstanding array of friendly, highly motivated professionals. I learned a great deal from them during the 6 years I worked there.

Cons

If anything, I would say that Manhattan is a little bit top heavy.

"Once was a good place to work but no more"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great healthcare benefits
    Interesting work
    Fortune 500 clients

Cons

No work/life balance unless you demand it
    Expected to work in excess of 40 hours with no reward
    Clients nickel and dimed to death
    Cannot work from home unless personal emergency
    No security ~ your position can be eliminated at any time for any reason

Advice to Management

Get it together

"Challenging and rewarding work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Some of the most complex business problems to solve and hence great learning.
    - Good opportunities to grow fast
    - Great benefits package.
    - Very competent and supportive higher management and executives,

Cons

- Long work hours; Almost expected to work 50+ hours in some cases.
    - Very anal about dress code!

"Meh..."

Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Manhattan hires some of the smartest and hardest working college graduates (those with <5 years tenure at MA); I was on some tough projects and all the recent college hires on the team pulled together to focus on the client.
    - I loved the diversity here; so many different cultures combine to provide a lot of varying viewpoints and back grounds.
    - I worked on the Warehouse Management product and was constantly amazed by how intuitive and robust the software is (I was a technical analyst); you truly get to see how much the software helps clients in minimizing the cost of the items spent in the warehouses.
    - You get to work with many Fortune 500 companies which was really fun.
    - The benefits package, for a young person at least, was great. 401k with matching, multiple health insurance plans to choose from, flexible spending, short and long term disability, etc. I was thoroughly impressed when they recently announced greatly improved maternity and paternity leave benefits.
    - They had great events throughout the year; they had diversity, networking, and volunteering events, the employee appreciation party is always a blast, and town hall was fun.

Cons

- Fortunately I was long gone by the time this company decided to lay off 100+ employees. While I completely understand the company has a financial duty to its stockholders, they hired LIKE CRAZY for years prior. As we see now, that was a horrible decision and I'm sure it has negatively impacted their reputation from here on out. Along the same lines, the onboarding training is crap and there were not nearly enough resources to adequately train each individual. But Manhattan's M.O. seems to be hire a ton of college grads, not train them thoroughly (mainly because they know most people leave in a year), and work them into the ground.
    - Going along with work-life balance....what work-life balance? Expect to work long days and weekends with no reward/overtime/bonus, even when it's not busy season. And when you do get PTO, you could be emailed/called on that day. Shoot, you could be on your honeymoon (PTO btw) in an international location and still be expected to work (true story).
    - The lack of maturity and integrity of upper management is astounding - and this is coming from a millennial. Constant internal blame-game instead of focusing on the client, unnecessary drama, over-promising to clients just to name a few. I was in a situation once where the PM of a project screwed up causing the client to be extremely pissed because the wrong code was sent over and instead of him taking responsibility, he proceeded to tell the other manager "to put them on blast" (referring to us lower-on-the-totum-pole employees). Oddly enough, it was then and there that I decided I wanted to leave this company.
    - There is some deep racism in this company...and not the typical form you think of in America. As sad as it is, I can understand why. When Manhattan sponsors the American work visas for international employees, they own them and they know it. Literally as modern-day slavery as you can get. Worked like crazy (70+ hour work weeks, next to no sleep, forced to do company "voluntary" activities that the rest of us do not have to do) for much less pay. And in turn those of us who are citizens here face a great deal of hatred.
    - Probably the #2 complaint here is no work-from-home policy (except emergencies/doctor's appointments/apartment or house getting worked on). For years people have complained that most software companies get to work at least one day remote but Manhattan adamantly refuses. Their response to working on employees' work-life balance? Offering a Cigna course on how to maintain work-life balance. Uh ok.
    - Probably not nearly as significant but should have been the first sign - when I interviewed here I was close to graduation (as most new hires are). Extremely young 20-year-old and I was asked if I was going to get pregnant anytime soon (yes I am a female). I was stunned. Not married. Never had given the impression that I wanted children. Perhaps if I weren't so naive, that would have been a warning sign :/

Advice to Management

Read my review :)

9. "System Analyst"

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Great corporate culture and benefits

Cons

non paid long working hours, especially at night time due to outsourcing issues to India office

Advice to Management

Better management planning and project staffing

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Manhattan Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to get broad exposure across many clients. Plenty of internal opportunities for challenging projects with great teams. Fantastic places to learn and build experience.

Cons

Extreme focus on billable hours targets... which often takes priority over what is best for the client. Also quite a lack of work/life balance, which is fairly common in the consulting world. You will be expected to put in well over 40 hours and do whatever it takes to meet objectives.

Advice to Management

Better align employee goals so that consultants prioritize client interests rather than weekly billable targets.