Manhattan Vibe Collective Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It's like a business course."

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to work and has an upbeat atmosphere. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth, including traveling to other states and countries.

Cons

You need to have a great work ethic to work here. At the same time great time management is needed to succeed here.

"Not what they said they were"

I worked at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time

Pros

Decent location, but not much else

Cons

Every position was actually sales, which isn't mentioned in the job descriptions.

Advice to Management

Be upfront that your positions are commission based sales

3. "Marketing Associate"

Pros

Gets you familiar with these BS companies

Cons

Whole company is a MLM scam. A bunch of liars and scumbags trying to lure in the naive.

Advice to Management

get back your soul.

"Devil corp"

I worked at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time

Pros

They'll hire anyone, you WILL get a job offer as long as you can speak, you get to see all different parts of NY and NJ while working door to door sales. IF you manage to convince people to work under you then you can make money off of them.

Cons

This is a legal pyramid scheme. No you don't pay anything up-front, just your labor. Google the words "devil corp". All of the job postings advertise for customer service representatives but you are not supporting any product. They want you to work 6 days a week 10 hours a day (2-3 hours of which are for brainwashing sessions called atmosphere and make big promises that this will all pay off. It is a scam. The only ones who make any real money are the ones who scam others into working underneath them, and then they make money off of them. Work life balance is a joke, as they want your work to be your life so that you wont have anyone to talk to about your work because anyone with half a brain will say "that doesn't sound right, or legal" and make you question the system. They will even teach you how to evade questions and scam people interviewing so as to not let them know the true nature of the job.

Advice to Management

Be upfront in your job postings. Don't evade questions on interviews, I would swear I was talking to a career politician. If you want people to stay, don't lie to them, don't mislead them, treat them as if their time was valuable. It is.

"Wonderful experience here at MVC"

Pros

My first job in NYC and I couldn't give a better recommendation. Team environment! Very dedicated and motivating people! Love the work atmosphere. All of my coworkers and managers are here to support and provide me with every tool possible to achieve my goals. Couldn't imagine working with anyone else.

Cons

Must be good at time management and have a positive outlook on life. Very intelligent people but in order to keep up you must be responsible and reliable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Oct 21, 2015 – CEO

Hi there and thanks for the positive feedback. Our energetic and positive work atmosphere is one of the things we pride ourselves on, and the support we offer to motivated people. We really... More

"My manager and I have a secret handshake"

I have been working at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One-on-one attention and mentorship, fast progression, criteria-based progression, transparency, goal-oriented environment, fun office culture and employees, fantastic networking opportunities, management personally interested in everyone's development. I have learned so much in my time here, and I know that it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Cons

You need to be a very hard-working and driven individual. This is not a job for someone who just wants to skate by.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You change lives.

Oct 21, 2015 – CEO

Thanks very much for your feedback. We’re glad your experience with our company is positive. It means a lot to us to see people gain success and growth in our business. We’re as excited as you are... More

7. "Not for everybody"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Manhattan Vibe Collective (Less than a year)

Pros

The potential opportunity is insane. You can literally start this job today and become a millionaire in 2 years but it won't happen to everyone.

Cons

Ridiculous working hours, energy draining job, extremely low reward in the beginning.

Oct 21, 2015 – CEO

We're sorry that you seem to have had a mixed experience with our company. We're happy that you recognize the potential opportunity and the growth possible here. We believe that hard work and... More

8. "Upbeat young & thriving company"

Current Employee - Distributor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Distributor in New York, NY

I have been working at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You do not need any experience. It is a company filled with room to progress based on your own hard work. The environment of the office is upbeat and extremely positive.

Cons

You must be very driven and hard working to be a successful asset to this company as there is a lot to learn.

"This is a comission based sales job no base salary"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer

I worked at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- you can make good money if you become a GREAT salesman
    - fun company atmosphere
    - help you establish goals and aspirations you would never think of (both short -term and long-term)
    - long-long term growth opportunity

Cons

- this place is running a legal pyramid scheme. It is not a pyramid scheme in the sense where you have to buy in to the company but read below and decide for yourself.
    - they hire every single person that isnt a complete idiot and wants a job. They dont care who you are: whether you are 17 and just graduated high school, have a graduate degree, or are 50+) they don't care who works there because they are just trying to generate revenue
    - they even train the employees how to convince interviewees to take the job, and to try to make them think they are not going to receive an offer, when a majority of people do.
    - They try to trick you pre-interview by telling you that you are interviewing for a position that isnt sales...it is sales
    - they say youre in a "management training program" that has 4 steps
    1. entry level sales
    2. corporate trainer
    3. assistant management
    4. Manager (owner)
    promising that you will run your own sector of the business in as soon as 6-9 months time
    ( i knew people who worked there for 3 years who never got past the second step) you have to recruit on behalf of the business and hire people underneath you. if they do well you get promoted to the next stage... then if they get people under them that do well you make it to the the next stage and so on..if they dont and quit (which most do because 100% commission based work is not easy) then it is impossible to advance in the company
    - you have to travel to a different part of ny or new jersey everyday to make business to business, or door to door sales (no they do not cover travel costs) then go door to door and either sell a service, or ask for charity donations depending on which sector you get placed in. (others even stand in the middle of manhattan and approaching people in train stations asking them to buy services)
    - There is no base pay and it is 100% commission (takes 3 weeks to get payed for each sale you make)

Advice to Management

I would suggest to be more straight forward with people interviewing, and people training. Your company is based on planting the idea in employees mind that they can make it to the top, and make a lot of money without any experience.

Oct 20, 2015 – CEO

We appreciate your feedback very much, and it’s just unfortunate it had to be a mixed experience for you, but we’re glad you took something positive from your time with us. We’re pretty proud of our... More

"LOVE the FUN 1 on 1 coaching and training process."

I have been working at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Showing off how hard working I am has helped me take full advantage of learning how to train others in marketing and customer service rapidly but effectively.

Its blows my mind everyday seeing how much care, effort, and excitement the managers and trainers give to every individual person in the office. All inorder to give them the best opportunity that THERE'RE looking for within the company.

Cons

Without asking loads of questions showing a willingness to learn from your mistakes makes it difficult to get the right training.

Coming into the office environment with a unethustic personality or without excitement to learn new things makes it hard to get the most out of the training process.

Advice to Management

Be that annoying kid in school who always have to ask a million questions. However, apply what you've learned immediately.

Oct 20, 2015 – CEO

We’re glad you are having a positive experience here at Manhattan Vibe Collective, and appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. We care a lot about how people progress and grow at our... More