Manhattan Vibe Collective Reviews

Updated Aug 12, 2020

2.7
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's like a business course.

Oct 14, 2015 - Sales in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great place to work and has an upbeat atmosphere. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth, including traveling to other states and countries.

Cons

You need to have a great work ethic to work here. At the same time great time management is needed to succeed here.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0

Door to Door Sales

Aug 12, 2020 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool coworkers and fun happy hours

Cons

Door to Door Sales. Pyramid Scheme. Long work hours and little pay.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0

Devil corp

Feb 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They'll hire anyone, you WILL get a job offer as long as you can speak, you get to see all different parts of NY and NJ while working door to door sales. IF you manage to convince people to work under you then you can make money off of them.

Cons

This is a legal pyramid scheme. No you don't pay anything up-front, just your labor. Google the words "devil corp". All of the job postings advertise for customer service representatives but you are not supporting any product. They want you to work 6 days a week 10 hours a day (2-3 hours of which are for brainwashing sessions called atmosphere and make big promises that this will all pay off. It is a scam. The only ones who make any real money are the ones who scam others into working underneath them, and then they make money off of them. Work life balance is a joke, as they want your work to be your life so that you wont have anyone to talk to about your work because anyone with half a brain will say "that doesn't sound right, or legal" and make you question the system. They will even teach you how to evade questions and scam people interviewing so as to not let them know the true nature of the job.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

This joint is run by a bunch of mendacious pri*ks

Aug 17, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

*scratches head for a while* None whatsover. It's at Times Square so it is conveniently located I guess.

Cons

You walk in the office is perhaps the most unprofessional environment you can possibly think of. They will try everything in their power to indoctrinate into their cult. They even have special chants that they chant and make you chant every morning. They will never let you read any paperwork that they make you sign will not give you a copy of the contract. Very, very few people work here for a while. They prey on your naivety as much as possible. They will make you sign an W9 that makes you an independent contractor not an employee which allows them to pay you lower than minimum wage. What they don't realize is that none of this would hold up in a court of law because they never mention it explicitly while you are signing the contract. They literally prey on your gullibility. Also they will make you go ask for charity at NYCHA. They have absolutely no moral compass. If there is any worse employer than McDonald's they have found a way to be them. Be careful there are several companies under the same Credico umbrella they all operate the same illicit way. I would give them lower stars if it was possible.

8 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hi there and thanks for your feedback. We welcome any opportunity to do better as a company, and so we appreciate you taking the time out of your day. We’re sorry that you seem to have had a negative experience while working with us. That is of course not our intention. We’re a dynamic, modern business, and we understand that some of our methods may be a little hard to follow, but we assure you that everything we do is entirely above board, and for the benefit of our clients and the people who work with us. We wouldn’t last long in this industry otherwise. We would never intentionally mislead any of our associates. It would make very little sense for us to do so, as we would very quickly lose the motivated, hard-working team that we have now. We can only apologize that you felt you didn’t get the right information. We wish you all the best in your future career, and thanks again for the feedback.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

LOVE the FUN 1 on 1 coaching and training process.

Sep 4, 2015 - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Showing off how hard working I am has helped me take full advantage of learning how to train others in marketing and customer service rapidly but effectively. Its blows my mind everyday seeing how much care, effort, and excitement the managers and trainers give to every individual person in the office. All inorder to give them the best opportunity that THERE'RE looking for within the company.

Cons

Without asking loads of questions showing a willingness to learn from your mistakes makes it difficult to get the right training. Coming into the office environment with a unethustic personality or without excitement to learn new things makes it hard to get the most out of the training process.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

We’re glad you are having a positive experience here at Manhattan Vibe Collective, and appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. We care a lot about how people progress and grow at our company, and we’re excited that you are excited.

6. 4.0

Fun, Energetic Environment. Dedicated Management Team

Sep 2, 2015 - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from a mundane work environment, I enjoy working with a company that provides you with more freedom to pursue all of your goals. Everyone on the team constantly promotes a positive work environment and for the people who want it, unlimited growth and experience in marketing. With opportunities to travel across the US and overseas available to everyone in the company regardless of time on the job.

Cons

If you weren't looking for an opportunity to expand your business knowledge base in a rapidly growing industry, then you may want to consider other options for now.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hi there and thanks for the feedback. We’re glad you are having a positive experience with our company. We’re proud of our positive work environment too, and we hope you continue to progress and have a great time working with us.

7. 1.0

DOOR TO DOOR SALES

Jun 16, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people seemed nice.

Cons

They make this job out to be so prestigious but leave out the fact that you're running around New York going door to door to try and sign people up for some charity or sell them something. (Not always in the best neighborhoods) They promise quick advancement to running your own team but leave out that you work 10:30AM to around 10 at night Monday-Saturday. Many of the employees who were training me were complaining how they had no life because they were always working. Also the pay would only be about $250 a week to start. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO DOOR TO DOOR SALES STAY AWAY!! If you dont mind door to door sales than go for it.

44 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for your feedback. We’re glad you liked working with the people here. We’re proud of our friendly and dynamic workplace and we love to make sure it’s fun as well as hard work. We’re sorry you had some negative experiences. We do clearly state the nature of all of our advertised positions in the job adverts, but we’ll take a look at those to make sure there’s no confusion in future. Our management training programme does yield great successes, and many of our previous associates who are now running their own companies will attest to that. We do understand that it’s not for everyone, and we wish you all the best. We appreciate you giving us an opportunity to improve.

8. 5.0

Wonderful experience here at MVC

Oct 12, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

My first job in NYC and I couldn't give a better recommendation. Team environment! Very dedicated and motivating people! Love the work atmosphere. All of my coworkers and managers are here to support and provide me with every tool possible to achieve my goals. Couldn't imagine working with anyone else.

Cons

Must be good at time management and have a positive outlook on life. Very intelligent people but in order to keep up you must be responsible and reliable.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hi there and thanks for the positive feedback. Our energetic and positive work atmosphere is one of the things we pride ourselves on, and the support we offer to motivated people. We really appreciate that you noticed those things. We definitely recognize that the industry is fast-paced and we’ll keep on trying our best to promote positive growth for everyone here. Good luck in the future and keep up the hard work.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A basic pyramid scheme though a bit more Legal

Jul 7, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing. Warning this is a door to door salesposition and the company pressures you into signs up and tries to get you with the same tactics they use when collecting from door to door. They make you feel special, promise you growth, but they make their money off your work while not. Even giving a bit of Security. They pressure you to sign up and join quick. Be aware that there are many different brother/sister companies that operate at the same capacity. Don't let them push you.

Cons

All of the above, please read. If for some. Reason you get pulled into a 1st round interview, don't let then pressure you to another Wed round where they make. You walk around with them the entire day while not even giving you lunch or a metro. They make their money off of you.

17 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hi there and thanks for the feedback. We’re sorry that you seem to have had a negative experience. We try our best to make sure that everyone who works here feels valued. To answer some of your concerns, firstly let us categorically state that our company is entirely legal, and all of our business practices are strictly regulated. The types of businesses you have compared us to are illegal, and so we quite clearly wouldn’t be working with large national and international clients if we were doing anything untoward. We’re sorry that you felt in any way pressured to work with us. That is never our intention, as it makes very little sense for us. Our goal is that we find people who are excited and motivated about the work we do, so to work with someone who is not interested benefits neither of us. Regardless, we wish you the best in future employment, and hope you find something more in tune with your career goals.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

My manager and I have a secret handshake

Oct 12, 2015 - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

One-on-one attention and mentorship, fast progression, criteria-based progression, transparency, goal-oriented environment, fun office culture and employees, fantastic networking opportunities, management personally interested in everyone's development. I have learned so much in my time here, and I know that it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Cons

You need to be a very hard-working and driven individual. This is not a job for someone who just wants to skate by.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks very much for your feedback. We’re glad your experience with our company is positive. It means a lot to us to see people gain success and growth in our business. We’re as excited as you are, and we’re looking forward to continuing to grow with you. Good luck in the future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews