Manhattan Vibe Collective Reviews | Glassdoor

Manhattan Vibe Collective Reviews

Found 17 reviews

2.7
  1. "It's like a business course."

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a great place to work and has an upbeat atmosphere. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth, including traveling to other states and countries.

Cons

You need to have a great work ethic to work here. At the same time great time management is needed to succeed here.

"Not what they said they were"

I worked at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time

Pros

Decent location, but not much else

Cons

Every position was actually sales, which isn't mentioned in the job descriptions.

Advice to Management

Be upfront that your positions are commission based sales

3. "Marketing Associate"

I worked at Manhattan Vibe Collective

Pros

Gets you familiar with these BS companies

Cons

Whole company is a MLM scam. A bunch of liars and scumbags trying to lure in the naive.

Advice to Management

get back your soul.

"Devil corp"

I worked at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time

Pros

They'll hire anyone, you WILL get a job offer as long as you can speak, you get to see all different parts of NY and NJ while working door to door sales. IF you manage to convince people to work under you then you can make money off of them.

Cons

This is a legal pyramid scheme. No you don't pay anything up-front, just your labor. Google the words "devil corp". All of the job postings advertise for customer service representatives but you are not supporting any product. They want you to work 6 days a week 10 hours a day (2-3 hours of which are for brainwashing sessions called atmosphere and make big promises that this will all pay off. It is a scam. The only ones...

Advice to Management

Be upfront in your job postings. Don't evade questions on interviews, I would swear I was talking to a career politician. If you want people to stay, don't lie to them, don't mislead them, treat them as if their time was valuable. It is.

"Wonderful experience here at MVC"

I have been working at Manhattan Vibe Collective

Pros

My first job in NYC and I couldn't give a better recommendation. Team environment! Very dedicated and motivating people! Love the work atmosphere. All of my coworkers and managers are here to support and provide me with every tool possible to achieve my goals. Couldn't imagine working with anyone else.

Cons

Must be good at time management and have a positive outlook on life. Very intelligent people but in order to keep up you must be responsible and reliable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

October 21, 2015CEO

Hi there and thanks for the positive feedback. Our energetic and positive work atmosphere is one of the things we pride ourselves on, and the support we offer to motivated people. We really appreciate that you noticed those things. We definitely recognize that the industry is fast-paced ...

"My manager and I have a secret handshake"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time for more than a year

Pros

One-on-one attention and mentorship, fast progression, criteria-based progression, transparency, goal-oriented environment, fun office culture and employees, fantastic networking opportunities, management personally interested in everyone's development. I have learned so much in my time here, and I know that it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Cons

You need to be a very hard-working and driven individual. This is not a job for someone who just wants to skate by.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You change lives.

October 21, 2015CEO

Thanks very much for your feedback. We’re glad your experience with our company is positive. It means a lot to us to see people gain success and growth in our business. We’re as excited as you are, and we’re looking forward to continuing to grow with you. Good luck in the future.

• "Not for everybody"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Manhattan Vibe Collective for more than a year

Pros

The potential opportunity is insane. You can literally start this job today and become a millionaire in 2 years but it won't happen to everyone.

Cons

Ridiculous working hours, energy draining job, extremely low reward in the beginning.

October 21, 2015CEO

We're sorry that you seem to have had a mixed experience with our company. We're happy that you recognize the potential opportunity and the growth possible here. We believe that hard work and determination is the key to success, and we hope that we offer the opportunity for people ...

• "Upbeat young & thriving company"

Current Employee - Distributor in New York, NY

I have been working at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time for more than a year

Pros

You do not need any experience. It is a company filled with room to progress based on your own hard work. The environment of the office is upbeat and extremely positive.

Cons

You must be very driven and hard working to be a successful asset to this company as there is a lot to learn.

"This is a comission based sales job no base salary"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer

I worked at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time for more than a year

Pros

- you can make good money if you become a GREAT salesman - fun company atmosphere - help you establish goals and aspirations you would never think of (both short -term and long-term) - long-long term growth opportunity

Cons

- this place is running a legal pyramid scheme. It is not a pyramid scheme in the sense where you have to buy in to the company but read below and decide for yourself. - they hire every single person that isnt a complete idiot and wants a job. They dont care who you are: whether you are 17 and just graduated high school, have a graduate degree, or are 50+) they don't care who works there because they are just trying...

Advice to Management

I would suggest to be more straight forward with people interviewing, and people training. Your company is based on planting the idea in employees mind that they can make it to the top, and make a lot of money without any experience.

October 20, 2015CEO

We appreciate your feedback very much, and it’s just unfortunate it had to be a mixed experience for you, but we’re glad you took something positive from your time with us. We’re pretty proud of our dynamic fun atmosphere in the office, and we definitely focus on creating amazing ...

"LOVE the FUN 1 on 1 coaching and training process."

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at Manhattan Vibe Collective full-time for more than a year

Pros

Showing off how hard working I am has helped me take full advantage of learning how to train others in marketing and customer service rapidly but effectively. Its blows my mind everyday seeing how much care, effort, and excitement the managers and trainers give to every individual person in the office. All inorder to give them the best opportunity that THERE'RE looking for within the company.

Cons

Without asking loads of questions showing a willingness to learn from your mistakes makes it difficult to get the right training. Coming into the office environment with a unethustic personality or without excitement to learn new things makes it hard to get the most out of the training process.

Advice to Management

Be that annoying kid in school who always have to ask a million questions. However, apply what you've learned immediately.

October 20, 2015CEO

We’re glad you are having a positive experience here at Manhattan Vibe Collective, and appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. We care a lot about how people progress and grow at our company, and we’re excited that you are excited.

Found 17 reviews