Manifest Digital Reviews | Glassdoor

Manifest Digital Reviews

Updated 6 Jul 2017

Found 65 reviews

2.6
Manifest Digital CEO Jason Benedict (no image)
Jason Benedict
Pros
  • "Excellent work life balance, esp(in 7 reviews)

• "Free Snacks and management is usually "working from home" so you can set your own schedule as long as you're meeting deadlines(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management is both devious and clueless(in 4 reviews)

• "The company is still trying to figure out the best way to organize itself and in the meantime, the employees suffer(in 3 reviews)

"A Changing Agency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Manifest Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

I came into Manifest to manage a strategic project. A year ago, I would have never worked for this organization, but the leadership convinced me that they are interested in changing the work environment for the better. As I convert to a full-time role, that change will be one of my responsibilities. I have no doubts that this change is desired from the very top. I also have no doubts that it will happen. This change... requires active participation.

Cons

There is a lot of uncertainty during change. Manifest is in an acquisition phase, and the design business is rapidly changing. As with many organizations, this can make people anxious. I tend to thrive when the possibilities broaden and responsibilities become less formal. Change brings opportunity.

Advice to Management

I see the negative reviews and feel some anxiousness. I would suggest communicating change from the bottom up. I would suggest letting people help create the environment that they desire. It would also be helpful to make the decisions necessary to promote these changes in a more timely manner. The first rule of change management is to communicate.

Manifest Digital2015-07-21
  2. "Vice President"

Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I worked at Manifest Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely smart rank an file.

Cons

Management uncertainty and changes in staff

Manifest Digital2017-07-07
  3. "Change is good."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Manifest Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The environment is built on "do what you can to make it better" - you are always given the opportunity to work "beyond your title"

Cons

There is a lot of change. Always a lot of change. Is it good or bad? Only time will tell.

Advice to Management

Pick a path, and stick with it.

Manifest Digital2016-12-11

"Once the dust settles - could be a good place to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Manifest Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Passionate, intelligent people who want results and get right to the point - this makes up the majority of the leadership that worked at Manifest when I was there. A merger with another agency had introduced a good deal of opportunity into the mix for those who are willing to battle the chaos and ambiguity that come with any merger of this size.

Cons

1) The merger with another large agency (which itself was still just getting settled in after a previous merger), had introduced quite a bit of chaos into the day-to-day, at the time of my departure. 2) The agency world grows more competitive by the month. Clients continue to move work in-house. Agencies will need to continue to evolve to survive in the next decade, and Manifest is no exception.

Advice to Management

What is the agency focused on as revenue streams? What are its core competencies? Answers to these questions will pave the road ahead.

Manifest Digital2016-10-20

"Content"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Manifest Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with a team of young, hard-working, smart, enterprising people.

Cons

Management seems all over the place without a clear direction in where they want to take the company. As a result, there are a lot more smaller, randomly allocated accounts than large ones.

Advice to Management

Take the time to respect your team

Manifest Digital2016-09-01
  6. "New company, new habits."

in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Manifest Digital for less than a year

Pros

> Trusting and open management (if you're competent and passionate) > Unafraid of change - new tools, new resources, new procedures > Quick to genuinely recognize hard work > Strong, friendly, energetic and supportive culture > Great office, perks and tone of work habits > Access to leadership (just try, the willingness is there) > Service-oriented IT and finance staff > Super talented younger staff,... knowledgeable mid level staff > Fantastic benefits and salary philosophy > Ambitious and optimistic new leadership > Shrewd (if a bit cold) business moves > Strongest creative and strategy staff I've worked with > Travel is encouraged when it makes the work better > Very few 'dead weight' employees

Cons

> Disparate culture and identity between offices > The occasional elitist wonk prone to hyperbole > Still feeling out Operations/PM after merging dozens of work streams > Not good for people who require folksy coddling or the lazy > Tendency to be drawn to candidates with buzzword agencies on CV > Had to make some tough calls and cut bait, so some people are still mourning

Advice to Management

Among the fray, don't forget about the power of creative/brand work and the incredible privilege we have in selling smart people smart ideas.

Manifest Digital2016-04-21

"Do Not Enter"

I worked at Manifest Digital for less than a year

Pros

I did meet some amazing people there who I am still close with. Free food and alcohol is always a good thing I guess

Cons

First off let me start by stating that this company has gone through four mergers in the past 5 years..... and this certainly was not the last one it will be going through. No Stability. If your plan is to work somewhere you want to grow your career at, Manifest is not the place. They are still too busy trying to figure out what they want to be and their employees are at the bottom of their list of things to care... about. Too much change is happening. They are literally changing the entire image of Manifest.... and it is not turning out so great. 'If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it.' This company use to have fun, smart, happy people who were amazing at what they did, then they decided lets fire all those fun, smart, amazing people and replace them with people who have no idea what they are doing.... Way to go Manifest. No one cares about how you feel. I made it pretty clear I was not happy (did not threaten to leave, just said I was feeling drained every day and did not like the environment of the office anymore) and no one tried to do anything about it. So when I decided to leave, of course, that is when they tried to do anything they could to make me stay...... All of the higher ups are liars. I am sure a lot of people say that about their companies but man is it true about Manifest. I swear whenever we had an office meeting and the CEO answered questions we had it sounded like Donald Trump talking about making America great again.... I was told several times we were moving to a bigger office, my job description and title would change, my responsibilities would not be affected due to all the change, etc. and all of it was false. Rather than moving offices they are tearing out all the desks and putting giant tables so everyone will sit right next to each other, HR did not bother meeting with me about my job description, and my work load became so much to handle I was forced to look for a new job. They just tell you what you want to hear and then laugh in the corner about how they are getting away with all this crap. During the company "Happy Hours" everyone just drinks and talks about how much they hate the company.

Advice to Management

Go back to how things use to be.

Manifest Digital2016-05-12
  8. "Cutting Edge Work"

Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Manifest Digital for more than a year

Pros

Grade A clients, awesome works space location in downtown, dev leadership smart and great to work with.

Cons

On some of the projects, requirements changed and the dev team took the hit in meeting very aggressive deadlines. However they were very large scale projects, and that can tend to happen.

Advice to Management

Keep on providing a great culture / environment.

Manifest Digital2016-04-05

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Associate Account Director in New York, NY

I worked at Manifest Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really nice people at what's left of the former McMURRY/TMG They tried really hard to make the culture good with happy hours and smoothie bars

Cons

Where do we even begin... Constant uncertainty about your job No direction from senior management No heart at all Pompous CEO

Manifest Digital2015-12-17

"No focus. Crummy CEO."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Manifest Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people have big hearts and want to do great work. The employee ambition is in place. There's opportunities for advancement but it's due to the high turnover.

Cons

The talent is OK. Small pockets of smart people carry the load. The CEO has a really large ego; he's absent. I don't know where we should focus. Do we do Digital, or Print, or Content, or Mobile, or Technology? We're too small to be competent across everything. The answer to my focus question is "This is a priority" without action or leads in place to define what this means. We're too small to be competent across... everything, which makes my job painful. Acquisitions are a walking hangover because few people here know what to do after the deal is inked.

Advice to Management

Pick a direction, and deliver on it well. Don't let the CEO interact with employees.

Manifest Digital2015-11-30