Mannix Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.9
Sara Mannix

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Digital Marketing Strategist"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist

I have been working at Mannix Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mannix has a great company culture. They appreciate hard work and are far better at expressing their gratitude than any other company I have worked for. I love how they encourage employees to learn new things, stay up to date on industry trends, and test out new ideas. Coworkers are great to work with. Everyone is always busy but always willing to help out when needed. They also understand that you have a life outside of work. Can't say enough great things about this company!

Cons

Well it is still work but since most people have to work to live I'd say you could do a lot worse than spend your work week at Mannix.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "A Place to Learn, Grow and Stay"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist

I have been working at Mannix Marketing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the most amazing things about Mannix Marketing is their efforts to try to balance work and life. They hold family in high regard and offer a flexibility that I have not seen elsewhere. I've been with the company for quite a while and have seen them act with kindness and understanding through illnesses or whatever situation may come up without warning. In addition to that, they want to learn and grow and send their employees to seminars which is a really nice perk (to travel and learn at the same time).

Cons

Not sure if it's a con necessarily, but your work load will always be full to overflowing which makes vacations / time off a tad stressful as you really will have to somehow find a way to make that time up or be behind on your work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

"Digital Marketing Strategist"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in Glens Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in Glens Falls, NY

I have been working at Mannix Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I interviewed at Mannix Marketing I had mentioned that I was looking for a company to work for long term and one to grow with – and that’s what I got! I have been working at Mannix Marketing for almost 6 years now and I have to say that I truly love my job and the company. Management genuinely cares about your concerns, goals and growth as an employee and that is very important to me. They are always open and receptive to new ideas. As a bonus, my coworkers are an extremely intelligent group of people who are hardworking and always willing to help each another out. Overall, this is a great company to be a part of if you want a great learning and growing experience. Not only do I love the work that I do, I get a great sense of satisfaction knowing that I am helping others grow their business and thrive everyday!

Cons

We have pizza parties every month and that is not good for my diet!

4. "A Rewarding Place To Work, Learn, and Collaborate"

I have been working at Mannix Marketing full-time

Pros

Everyone at Mannix is truly passionate about what they do. It's refreshing to work with a team that really cares about their work and doing the best they can for their clients. You definitely don’t find that everywhere!

The collaborative atmosphere at Mannix is something I really value and appreciate. Working here is a nice balance of working independently and as a team. Everyone works hard, but the work environment is flexible, laid back, fun, and overwhelmingly positive.

I love that learning and personal/professional development is encouraged and highly valued. From going to conferences to watching training videos and learning from coworkers, there are consistent opportunities for growth.

The management team cares about their team members, both as employees and as people. It’s nice to feel valued, appreciated, and respected by those you work with.

Cons

These aren't really "cons" - more just things to be aware of. Effective communication can sometimes be a challenge, as it is for most organizations. Sometimes it can be tough to keep everyone, including clients and team members, on the same page. Strong project management skills are VERY important!

The industry is constantly changing, so there is a lot to keep up with and stay on top of!

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on employee growth and providing opportunities for staff to move up and advance in their positions.

Company culture is a tough thing to shape and is constantly evolving. I think the focus on hiring people who have the right attitude and are willing to learn, collaborate, and have fun with other team members has a lot to do with why our company culture is so refreshing, and why Mannix is such a rewarding place to work.

5. "Digital Marketing Strategist"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist

I have been working at Mannix Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the my favorite things about Mannix is the willingness each department has to help and work with one another to provide the best service for our clients. New ideas and opinions are never discouraged, which makes employees feel valued and part of the growth of Mannix. The atmosphere is hard working, yet laid back. We know how to get the work done, while having fun doing it.

Cons

There are very few cons, if any.

Advice to Management

Promote more interaction between departments.

6. "A Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Front-End Web Developer in Glens Falls, NY
    Former Employee - Front-End Web Developer in Glens Falls, NY

I worked at Mannix Marketing (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have great people in management. There isn't a lot of hierarchy so they really are there to help and support you.
    You will learn a lot there and they are not ones to take the lazy route to complete a project. So what you learn will be the right way.
    They have fun events during the summertime (river tubing, 5k's, Volunteer Days, Happy Hour, Saratoga Race Track Day, etc)
    The CEO is always approachable
    They genuinely care about bringing more business and tourism to the Lake George, Saratoga, and Capital Region.
    They have a huge range of clientele so you will work with a wide variety of business types (Entertainment, lodging, medical offices, professional services, etc)

Cons

I felt underpaid.
    Though I learned a lot from my co-workers, I was never allowed to go to conferences and learn about new stuff going on in the industry.
    Most days were very quiet. I could always get help from people but it was hard to peel them away from their work to just talk and get to know them.

Advice to Management

Nothing really to say here. I feel like the right managers are in place to lead their teams. Note: during the interviews, they are more interested in the personality than they are the skill. Skills can be learned. They are looking for the right person with the right attitude.

May 24, 2016 – Digital Marketing Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Mannix Marketing! We're so glad to see that you learned a lot and consider Mannix Marketing "A Great Place to... More

7. "Great place to work"

Pros

I love working at Mannix! People are passionate about their jobs and the success of our clients and there’s an incredible team spirit where we encourage, help and care about each other. It’s a small company where we also know and work with the owners. They are visionary leaders who hire the best people and then trust them to do their job without micromanaging. It’s the kind of place where everyone is expected to be self-motivated, super creative, learn new skills and work hard--- and just as importantly--- to have a good work-life balance. That means a lot because it means we’re able to be our best as a company and also as individuals and for our families.

Cons

It's not really a "con" but something to be aware of if you apply at Mannix--- the industry is constantly changing so you need to be the kind of person that is willing to grow and to speak up with ideas and suggestions- management is very open and receptive.

Dec 21, 2015 – Digital Marketing Strategist

What a kind and thoughtful review- thank you! I especially love your comment that "people are passionate about their jobs and the success of our clients ..." You're absolutely right in... More

8. "Great Place to Work"

Pros

Mannix Marketing is a great place to work! Everyone from the top down is smart, kind, enthusiastic about their work, and willing to lend a helping hand. I worked here first as a summer intern then later writing freelance articles. The amount i learned was incredible, and I appreciated the support that I received. Even more, there are cool opportunities and the work is always creative and interesting. If you have ideas about how you can add value to the company, management was always very encouraging of that as well. In the time since I was an intern this company has grown and evolved, I really cannot say enough good things about Mannix, and if you work here you will understand why.

Cons

It's hard to stay on point with the internet all the time! So many cat pictures to look at (maybe this is a personal problem).

Dec 2, 2015 – Digital Marketing Strategist

Wow, thank you very much for writing this kind and thoughtful review! We put a lot of emphasis on strengthening our culture and creating a supportive work environment so to hear that you learned a... More

9. "Wonderful place to work!"

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Mannix Marketing. Sara is intelligent, driven, kind and a pleasure to work for. The co-workers can't be beat either! As a young programmer, I learned so much from everyone in my year at Mannix.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people!

Aug 10, 2015 – Digital Marketing Strategist

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We were thrilled to read your positive comments about our leadership, team, and your experience with us. As they say, leaders set the tone... More

10. "Amazing Experience"

Former Employee - Digital Editor in Glens Falls, NY
    Former Employee - Digital Editor in Glens Falls, NY

I worked at Mannix Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Mannix is like a family. Everyone was very supportive and trusted each other with projects and responsibilities. Sara and Jennifer lead their staff with kindness and enthusiasm. They also encourage and genuinely listen to staff input. It was great to work for people who love what they do and have expertise in the field. They have fun every day but still get the job done. I was only there for a short while, but it was a hard decision to leave.

Cons

At the time I was there, the company underwent quite a few staff turnovers in succession. It was definitely just a fluke, but it put a lot of stress on both management and staff. They seem to have recovered gracefully since then.

Aug 18, 2015 – Digital Marketing Strategist

Thank you so much for writing this review! We're thrilled to see that you had an amazing experience, and we're grateful for your kind words about our team. Indeed, we try to have fun while ensuring... More