Manpower Reviews | Glassdoor

Manpower CEO Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • no benefits--no holiday or vacation pay (in 39 reviews)

• No work life balance, minimal training (in 17 reviews)

1. "CSR Agent"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Manpower as a contractor

Pros

Decent pay for the job responsibilities

Cons

You are not treated like a person, just a body in a seat filling a role for the company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people and listen to their concerns. Keep an eye out for favoritism.

2. "not sure what happened"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

I worked at Manpower full-time (More than a year)

Pros

rapid employment, decent wages, good assignments

Cons

management not best at communicating

3. "Production"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seguin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seguin, TX

I worked at Manpower (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing positive about this company

Cons

They treat people like garbage

Advice to Management

Get rid of this company all together

"Recruiter: Feed the beast"

I have been working at Manpower full-time

Pros

Offers benefits, if you find yourself a member of "the club" the opportunities are there, just don't count on it being because of your hard work.

Cons

I feel so low down and trapped in this job. All I do constantly eat you-know-what. Nothing is ever good enough-not for clients, workers, or the company. I'm hamstringed and will never succeed or get ahead. I hate my life from 8-5, Monday through Friday. Manpower management acts like they care, but they do not. They claimed they'd help me through a hard time, but never did. They claimed growth was here, it isn't. They just tell me what I want to hear, to shut me up so I go back to making them money. Why should I care anymore? Why should I break my back at a job, just to enrich everyone, and I mean everyone above me, when they cannot even compensate me fairly? My manager is such a joke but gets to make a very comfortable living, while not pulling her weight. She never brings in new business and is rarely in the office. She leads a leisurely life, while we toil. When she is at work (the 3 hours a week we actually see her) she spends most of the time loudly taking personal calls in front of us. Her claims of having our back and caring about us are as hollow and superficial as she is. The song Positively 14th Street comes to mind. Why care about a company that only views me as a resource, their word not mine? Resources are meant to be exploited, so I guess it is accurate. When they finally do offer me advancement, it is for a garbage job that no one else wants, with insulting pay, reporting to a bigger fraud (who has no business in their role either). It is hard to really convey the anger and frustration I feel. I can't talk to my manager, because she will pass the buck and try to absolve herself of any responsibility, two things she actually is good at. No management or leadership at this company really cares about the nuts and bolts workers, which is fine. But they need to stop feeding us lines- it is insulting and enraging. It builds one up, just to be demolished by disappointment. I don't know, but I should have done better in my own life so I would not have to be in this punishment of a job. A job where I find myself immediately beholden to a fool, and a wage slave to CEO's and corporate shareholders. I will never have a family, leisure, comfort or security if I continue on in this role. I will just continue to thank them, for barely covering my expenses and having little to none left with which to save or have fun at the end of the month. Instead, I'll watch others in the company and my own office do so. Some are great people who deserve it, and should enjoy it. Many don't and will never be a friend of mine and I will never be a member of the cult. Some here don't even realize that they already are; lesser fodder for the greater vampires to feed on. A roll of fat on a great Leviathan. I hope, in the case of some managers, that their narcissistic, hypocritical, egotistical behavior provides a comforting, ready shield to reality.

Advice to Management

Get innovative, take a chance, get rid of your deadweight.

"Revolving Door of Bad Recruiters and Managers"

I worked at Manpower full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Okay if your just starting your recruiting or management career. You won't stay long.

Cons

Bad management and recruiters. Manpower had to change their name to Experis because Engineers didn't want to work for them. Okay for starting out but if your hitting this company mid career then you should evaluate your career.

Advice to Management

If your any good you wouldn't be working for Manpower

"Selfish"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Manpower (More than a year)

Pros

They found me 1 job.

Cons

This temporary company does not have your best interest at heart. They are not an employer that puts themself in others shoes even when it comes to retrieving your items that mean alot. I understand what that really feels like on both sides. And it doesnt feel good at all. We live and learn in our experiences but ive learned unfortunatly that company makes those selfish outcomes many times to alot of employees.

Advice to Management

Better customer service is needed within the company.

"Don't work here"

Former Employee - Special Events Coordinator in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Special Events Coordinator in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Manpower full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible hours
    -Some great perks

Cons

-Management doesn't not care about its employees. Only sees them as a # vs an actual person.
    -Doesn't listen when employees speak up on what needs to change for a better working enviornment

Advice to Management

-Listen to your employees. If we are all telling you there is an issue, its because there is.

8. "Staff is horrible"

I have been working at Manpower full-time

Pros

Job placement which I did myself by keeping in contact with them so.....no pros.

Cons

They will let you down when it counts the most.

Advice to Management

Get a better crew.

9. "Interview Clerk"

I have been working at Manpower full-time

Pros

You get paid bi weekly

Cons

You stay at minimum way page and my job is through the state i should make waayyy more

10. "Business needs a total gut rehab"

I worked at Manpower full-time

Pros

Former Employees that quit soon after I started my assignment.

Cons

Everything,they lie,hire cowards for managers,and put their friends in current positions that has been previously filled. They let poorly chosen mangers bully honest employees until they quit, and hire like minded individuals that stand for the wrong things that the managers do. It's a true revelation that Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Advice to Management

When a temp has worked a while for you on different assignments(long enough to be hired) and there is some form of discrepancy, if the employee ask for time records to be pulled to show cause for their action, then please think enough of them to do so, and do not just write them off as Liars.

Showing 267 of 1,838 reviews