ManpowerGroup Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
ManpowerGroup Chief Executive Officer Jonas Prising
Jonas Prising

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work life balance is great as well as the option to work from home (in 19 reviews)

• Work / Life Balance is pretty good as well as the ability to work from home whenever you need to (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance could be better (in 13 reviews)

• Compensation not the greatest, very low raise, no room for growth remotely (in 6 reviews)

1. "Staffing"

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are self motivated and able to multitask this is a great job and company for you. Staffing is hard, but has it's rewards.

Cons

Clients come and go, so job security can be an issue.

2. "Measurement Data Clerk and Analyst"

Current Employee - Measurement Analyst in El Dorado, AR
    Current Employee - Measurement Analyst in El Dorado, AR

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

don't have any at this time

3. "ManpowerGroup"

Current Employee - RPO CORE Associate Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - RPO CORE Associate Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entry Level Pay is nice

Cons

Tossed into environment with little training.

4. "On-Site Supervisor"

Current Employee - On-Site Coordinator in Lowell, MI
    Current Employee - On-Site Coordinator in Lowell, MI

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-Workers, Management and I'm not Micro-Managed

Cons

Pay and no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Pay people better and they might stick around.

"Don't sell your soul-one hour at a time...."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hired immediately after initial contact

Cons

Open discrimination of employees. Callous disregard for you if you get injured on the job with management lying about what happened. Lies about further assignments available that arrive 6 months later.

Advice to Management

Manpower Group and the managers it hires to represent them need to take a course on ethics!

"Well.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, the people you work with every day are great. Those that do not perform are quickly weeded out and lower/middle management seemw to care about our happiness and improving the work environment/culture.

The building is nice and there is a covered free parking structure for all MP employees. There are also frequent events held in the building, which increases your opportunities to join causes or network within the community.

There is potential for upward mobility, if you work hard, network and stand out. Degrees, while important for much higher level roles, don't seem to be as critical for some of the entry level positions. They also offer 100% tuition assistance for those that haven't completed their first degree - Which is a huge perk.

Cons

I think your experience with the company is largely dependent on your management team. I've seen people have great managers who develop them and propel them further in their careers, but I've also see the opposite - Managers who do not want you to grow and stifle potential growth. This is a company where networking is key and it truly is who you know, in addition to your merits, that allows you to advance in your career.

Pay is not great and you need to be cautious when advancing as promotional increases seem to be based on what you were making prior to advancement. This leads to a largely increased workload/responsibility and making only pennies (if that) more than some in your previous role. Top talent is lost frequently because of the companies refusal to pay a competitive wage - While I'm sure leadership is living more than comfortably.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership seems far removed and out of touch with the large majority of their employee's needs. Our direction is often unclear even after being stated as decisions are made that contradict that focus. Some great additions have been brought to the leadership team this year, who seem to be in line with where we need to go. I just hope that they don't lose sight of their employees completely, in the process.

"Laid off and better off"

I worked at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people at lower levels. Free parking, nice cafeteria. I loved my job here but, I got a great raise by leaving and taking my knowledge with me.

Cons

The outsourcing trend is killing morale. More than 400 people were let go so far this year and there are more to come. Once a bustling high energy place, you can now walk through what remains of certain departments and not see anyone. Outsourcing architected by Darryl Green and Ram whatshisface in Singapore, both former employees of TCS, where the jobs are moving too. I should also mention TCS is a competitor of Manpower. Does that make any sense? Conflicts of interest seem prevalent, and yet the board does nothing.

Systems are outdated, people unmotivated, management is out of touch and incompetent in several cases. Who you know and how well you pucker up determines your status.

Advice to Management

Jonas needs to clean house beginning with Darryl and the teams in Singapore and India. If he can’t do it, then the board needs too before another great Milwaukee company becomes the next Allis Chalmers or Pabst, ruined by greed and incompetence.

8. "Associate Recruiter"

Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Associate Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced work environment. Get to own your own projects. Clear guidance and goals. Diversity. Free parking. Office environment. Access to upper level leaders.

Cons

Advice to Management

More frequent reviews and "level ups" in first year to get to livable wage. Pay is very low. Difficult to maintain professional wardrobe/housing and reliable transportation on 13/hr. Would love to have a little bit more dynamic work, it can get monotonous.

9. "Team Lead"

I worked at ManpowerGroup full-time

Pros

Great work styles - remote/virtual
    Great benefits
    Great compensation
    Excellent formal training programs

Cons

Company politics
    Virtual staff feels left out of processes
    Favoritism if you're not "in the clique"

10. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Client Account Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Client Account Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at ManpowerGroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great flexibility. Leadership who is client focused. Work hard, play hard. Focused on being number one in all aspects of our business.

Cons

Under market compensation. Heavily driven by shareholder value. Too many layers of leadership. Too risk adverse. Outsourced all back office functions to a foreign company.

Advice to Management

Morale enhancement for the field