Manulife Reviews | Glassdoor

Manulife CEO Roy Gori
Roy Gori

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Great place to work at!!"

I worked at Manulife full-time

Pros

The people are the some of the most intelligent and friendly colleagues I've ever had. The culture felt like a big family.

Cons

Long hours and tedious work at times, learning curve in the role is a little steep. Would have appreciated more open and direct communication and interaction with senior members.

Advice to Management

More open communication towards junior colleagues. Otherwise, management is doing a fantastic job, I could not have been happier with my experience.

Jun 7, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive feedback and for offering suggestions for areas of improvement. This will only help us deliver on our goals.

2. "Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Manulife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you like the world of Investments, funds etc. a good place to work.

Cons

Company does not pay well, not competitive with other companies.

Advice to Management

Hire more women!

Feb 5, 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not have a great experience with us. If you would like to discuss further, please contact us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Manulife full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, flexible working arrangement, maternity/paternity leave, 401K, commuter benefits, great location in the Back Bay, strong leadership and management, tuition reimbursement, and community involvement. Potential opportunities in the long run depending on which group you are in.

Cons

Depending on which group and department you are in, you may really enjoy or hate your job, or feel neutral about it. The organization has been going through a lot of changes, especially in the IT/Technology space. This is a great initiative since they are now aligning their technological space with the current times. However, the changes may be difficult for some to handle or adjust to. Functional roles are being realigned or consolidated with other groups. This can be hard for those that have been here for 15+ years, that have been doing the same job over the past years and can't understand or adapt to changes, as opposed to those that are fairly new to the organization. The changes can be constant and is now considered as the "norm." I think it's a good place to be in, overall, since the benefits are great and you'll be able to meet some pretty amazing colleagues, but you'll have to adjust to the perspective that changes are inevitable, constant, and challenging.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a good job with the transparency and communication on these changes. It would also be helpful to assign SME to specific projects that will have a direct impact to their team's roles/functions. It's not always a pretty picture to be told how changes will impact them, without allowing them to have a say or suggestion. Not all of the consultants that are hired will fully understand the job function, nuances, and challenges faced everyday. Keeping the lights on is also critical for the business.

Oct 17, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share detailed feedback as well as suggestions of improvements. We are happy to know that you are having a positive experience with us.

"Business"

I have been working at Manulife full-time

Pros

Great working environment. Surrounded by talented and hard working people.

Cons

Long working hours and days

Sep 26, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us. We agree that we have an organization comprised of talented individuals, and are happy to hear you are having a good... More

"Keep trying to change but still stuck"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Manulife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good work life balance if you not in support

Cons

low pay and bonus comparing to industry

Advice to Management

give employees tools and training to drive the change

Oct 17, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for writing a review, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us. If you wish to follow up with us, please reach out to us at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.

"Not As Collaborative As Could Be / LDP Underwhelms"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Manulife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Excellent vacation and maternity/paternity leave.
     - Corporate policy allows for working remotely at manager's discretion
     - Have a Leadership Development Program (LDP) as pipeline to upper management

Cons

- Salary is a little under market rate
     - Very siloed; difficult to get buy-in from anyone outside of own team
     - No incentives for consistent collaboration across business units or divisions
     - LDP is too unstructured, and provides too little support to help participants succeed

Advice to Management

Create real incentives for collaboration and breaking down silos.

Jul 20, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing a review. As we constantly strive to improve and optimize our employee experience, we would welcome the opportunity to learn more from you at TalentAcquisition@manulife.com.

7. "Senior Investment Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Investment Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Investment Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Manulife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment, opportunities for movement laterally or vertically. Laid back atmosphere. Good benefits.

Cons

Repetitive tasks, can get boring at times.

Jun 29, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive feedback. We value the opinion of our employees and this information will help us deliver on our goals.

8. "Great place"

I have been working at Manulife full-time

Pros

The culture is fantastic and the people are amazing. There is a flexible work schedule available and it is a welcoming environment.

Cons

Long hours and long days. The work can be repetitive and frustrating. Management could use some work as well.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire talented people and foster a positive work place environment and culture so that top talent can be attracted.

Jun 29, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for writing a review and offering areas of improvement, we value your feedback.

"Great culture, global organization, lots of opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Manulife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The number one reason to work at the company is the people. Great, smart, passionate people across the organization. Workplace flexibility and opportunity for career growth are also other key reasons to work here.

Cons

An old stable organization which is changing its perceived culture to reflect innovation and collaboration. It takes time, but progress is being made.

May 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We are excited to hear that you are having a great experience with us! Candidate and employee experience is important to us, so thank you for this valuable feedback.

10. "Good company for junior staff"

I worked at Manulife full-time

Pros

Good training ground for junior staff

Cons

Below market pay for mid-senior staff

Advice to Management

Move investments downtown

May 15, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We recognize that our organization is comprised of talented individuals and are happy to hear that you valued your experience with us.

Showing 885 of 1,043 reviews