Found 3,630 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and there is a feeling that the company cares for the employee." (in 311 reviews)
- "Good work life balance with the option of working from home" (in 271 reviews)
- "There are some great people at Manulife and you can get lucky and have the right management in your area." (in 236 reviews)
- "Flexible work from home" (in 175 reviews)
- "Manulife has a great culture and really wants there coops to learn and be part of the team" (in 139 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Manulife and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Aug 16, 2023Financial Ops ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
Love the company, benefits, culture and flexibility of remote work
Getting started as a new employee was hard to get up to speed in role as it's a 'figure it out yourself' type of environment
- 2.0Apr 30, 2023Investment AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBoston, MA
Really smart people that have long legacies, but they are only there due to golden handcuffs
There is almost no positive morale on the investment management side as it relates to how the organization is run. The economics are not shared how they should be at a traditional asset management organization and thus I see the incoming rotational analysts on the equity side essentially proving to be a rotating door. Maybe the senior lateral hires on the high end PM side get better incentives but the company runs the asset mgmt division like an insurance company6
- 5.0Jul 18, 2023Data AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
You’ll meet some of the nicest people in your life. They let you do your job in your preferred way and time and the only thing expected of you is to not drop the ball. Your work will be recognized and rewarded more than you think what it deserves, no matter you’re an intern or a director. Work life balance will be great.
The recruiter was new and I had a disappointing experience. They are way below their competitors in the market WRT compensation and benefits.
- 5.0Jul 17, 2023Associate DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBoston, MA
My segment of the company can be viewed as pretty “chill” in terms of work related stress and rto requirements.
Large organizations with multiple segments can lead to confusions within the teams in terms of upward mobility and transparency in communication, as reorg seems to be always going on somewhere internally
- 4.0Apr 11, 2023Marketing ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBoston, MA
People are smart and there are opportunities for professional development and career advancement if you are willing to work outside the U.S.
Decision-making can sometimes be slow as numerous stakeholders have to sign off. More career opportunities are available in Canada and outside the U.S.
- 5.0Mar 29, 2023AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBoston, MA
Strong work life balance Managers are supportive of career growth whether on your team or elsewhere within the firm
No major negatives to report
Looking for referrals for following companies, willing to have a chat and share my resume/ qualifications. Thanks in Advance 🙏🏼 Google Microsoft Facebook (Meta) CIBC TELUS Communications Inc. Scotiabank TD Manulife Siemens
Manulife Reviews FAQs
Manulife has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 4,523 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Manulife to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
80% of Manulife employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Manulife 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.