KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MapMyFitness Reviews

Updated May 1, 2017

Found 28 of over 29 reviews

3.4
MapMyFitness Co-Founder and CEO at MapMyFitness Robin Thurston (no image)
Robin Thurston
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you're awesome, it's awesome

Sep 16, 2015 - Management in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- mission driven company with a focus on improving human health through connected fitness - CEO and management team with incredible passion and vision for global digital/mobile leadership - incredible growth on every front, revenue, talent, brand profile, athletes, teams and assets - world class proven digital leadership and talent via acquisition of 3 of the top health/fitness category app leaders

Cons

- with rapid growth comes change, uncertainty, and a need to be able to "go with the flow" at times - working here will likely force you to grow your career, and growing generally happens outside our comfort zones: you will be uncomfortable at times. Just like fitness. Your teammates will pick you up.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing Workplace

Mar 1, 2015 -  in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cutting edge technology merging sport & fitness with passion for technology and the bleeding edge tech of technology.

Cons

Project teams can be split across the main development centers in Austin, TX and Denver, CO however great culture of remote collaboration so this is minimized.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

There is no better place on the planet to work if you want to help people around the world achieve their fitness goals

May 12, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best team of people I've ever worked with on the most amazing product I've ever built. The list of benefits are too long to list them all but there are some good ones including $500 fitness reimbursement for anything fitness related per year.

Cons

Sometimes things are moving so fast that some details get missed but that is the tricky part about working for startups.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the coolest little companies on the planet

May 7, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Great team where everyone seems to be down for the mission + Company makes a product that actually makes the world a better place + If you are a runner or cyclist, you will not find a better fit... I promise. + Python! + Casual work environment + Weekly office runs and rides + On-site showers + $500 fitness credit each year + 100% company-paid insurance + Free parking downtown (killer office location at 6th and Rio Grande) + Free beer + Free snacks (including fresh fruit) + Insane amount of candy + Spontaneous ping pong tourneys

Cons

- Hours can sometimes be long around releases - Still a little start-up crazy... everyone wears multiple hats - You will go into culture shock for sure if you are coming from a large company

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A real, actual high growth startup with great energy and great people.

May 6, 2013 - Various in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

A startup that is growing faster than 99.9% of consumer internet/mobile startups A top 100 app among millions Positively impact the lives of tens of millions of users by helping them get fit An extremely cool team to work with

Cons

The fast pace may not be a good environment for people who desire a high amount of structure.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fun coworkers, interesting technical challenges, growing usage and revenue

May 6, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

MapMyFitness is the best group of coworkers I've worked with in my career. We're building products for a market that's white hot. Real usage is growing, presenting interesting technical challenges, and growing revenue.

Cons

I really have nothing critical to say about the company. It's a fantastic place to work as a software developer.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fascinating Company

May 6, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Top 10 Health Apps in iTunes & Android - Big Data (4 workouts / seconds and 15M Users) - Fun (Tues Team Rides, Wed Runs, Arrested Development Fridays, Open space / indoor basketball court, xbox connect competitions, ping pong tables) - Neat Perks ($$ for Fitness Gear, Great Health & Dental, Flex Time, etc.) - Great team of people that love what they do because of their passions

Cons

Some people have a hard time adjusting when their passions don't align with health & fitness (running, cycling, etc.), helping others become happy and active, or solving great engineering and technical challenges (You don't have to love fitness -- you just have to really love your job and want to thrive). We're a 'Can-Do' work place and the people who end up leaving generally are those that can't don't fall in love with our environment.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

An amazing company built by amazing people!

Apr 5, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

$500 for fitness apparel/gym membership/ski pass/you pick. CEO is a true visionary and an amazing person - he really cares about his employees and I consider myself lucky to work alongside him. MapMyFitness (as a brand) is something that I personally believe in, and I'm grateful that I'm to work for a company where I can seamlessly marry my skill set and my passion for being active.

Cons

Still in a bit of a startup mode, everyone tends to wear a lot of hats. If you're someone who likes to take the ball and run with it, you'll do really well here! If you simply want to punch the clock, it's might not be the best fit.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun, creative and collaborative company!

Dec 4, 2012 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

MapMyFitness has a great web and mobile platform. The company has a fun energetic vibe from the top management down. I loved the creativity and openness of management to new ideas. One of favorite jobs in my career so far!

Cons

You are expected to put 110% into every day on the job! Sometimes that can filter over into working late or working on projects over the weekend, but they really strive to respect your work life/balance.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Overall good

Jun 15, 2016 - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a very laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Still going through growing pains

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews