Want a Free Job Posting?

Maplin Electronics Bracknell Reviews

1 review filtered by
  • Bracknell, England (UK)
  • Any Status
Johnathan Cleland

• Descent pay descent job descent banter it was alright I guess and the staff discount is good on some things (in 11 reviews)

• The staff discount is good at 25% (in 3 reviews)

• Pay was borderline minimum wage - there was scope for progression but the remuneration was rather poor (in 21 reviews)

• Head office would rather get store staff to do the marketing departments job with no extra pay than use the people they are paying g to do it (in 9 reviews)

Poor from the word go

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Bracknell, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Maplin Electronics part-time (More than a year)

The people; people you work with are always incredible, very knowledgeable. I have learnt a lot working at Maplin

Starting off with the minimum wage salaries and working times that change weekly, leading on to shifts changing without warning. You end up doing the job of 12 people, cleaning, serving customers, stock control, delivery, goods out, returns, customer service.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I would build the training program at maplin, the sales advisors have a tough job learning about products at stores with 3 management there is normally a 4th keyholder, that key holder is paid same wage to do 2x as much with loads more responsibility, train them up to a top level and then give them a raise and the title of "technical advisor"

Showing 1 of 95 review