Maranatha Village Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Grounds"

Pros

You get to work out side, good exercise, the residents are enjoyable to talk to. There is wild life constantly running around.

Cons

The pay is low, the management plays favorites with people. Not all but there is a good portion of people that have poor attitudes, and that can make the day fell longer or they want you to join in in there complaining.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, pay people what there worth, if you invest in your employes they will invest in you, and will be willing to keep working for you.

2. "Very Divisive Environment"

Former Employee - Dietary Department in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Dietary Department in Springfield, MO

Pros

It was a job, and I received a paycheck regularly. The duties were mind-numbingly simple, which is both a pro and con. My duties changed from time to time, allowing me a bit of relief from the mundane.

Cons

Inadequate management who fostered a hostility within the department. Constant gossip about other departments, workers, previous management, etc. There was no chance for mobility, as the job I was hired for essentially didn't exist because another manager was already training for that position. So there was no chance for me to get into management, as I had been told at my interview, and I was informed that they essentially wanted me for fill-in work. As with many companies, even the simplest task had to be approved by so many other people that it seemed the residents' needs were bogged down by the "chain of command."

Advice to Management

Appreciate your nurses, and respect your residents, who have more sense than they are being credited as having. Stop the gossiping and embrace a more positive outlook. The environment is depressing enough without you adding to it.