Marathon Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Marathon Health Reviews

Found 54 reviews

4.4
Jerry Ford
Pros
  • "Marathon Health is based in a relatively small county in Vermont with a population of 160,000(in 8 reviews)

• "Great company, they think very highly of their employees, always looking at ways to improve the way they do things(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons that I can think of(in 6 reviews)

• "Our health centers are all across the United States so I don't get to see people that work here as often as I would like(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best career move to date-- after 30+ years in Health Care"

Current Employee - Clinical Director in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Marathon Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health Promotion and Wellness focused Opportunity to spend time building relationships with patients Freedom to work on chronic health issues over time with appropriate follow up Excellent Orientation and support from all Ambassadors/Dept Team Approach no hierarchy Management phenomenal and supportive Career development programming

Cons

2+ years provider experience in health care setting crucial for success with clinical decision making responsibilities Flexibility and ability to "think outside the box" is required for success

Advice to Management

I love going to work every day

January 17, 2019VP, People Operations

Thank you for sharing your story and for choosing to work with us to change healthcare! You matter!

"Not one of the Best Employers in Healthcare"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I worked at Marathon Health full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Best part of position was longer appointments times you have with patients. Marathon Health pays well and great benefits.

Cons

Account managers are dishonest and often twist the truth to the clinic staff. Performance issues are often not addressed in a timely manner if at all which leads to clinician and staff burnout. Safety and quality surveillance in the health centers are rarely monitored.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. After all, they are intelligent and highly skilled. They are aware when they aren’t being told the truth.

"A Minority View"

Former Employee - PA & Clinic Manager in Midland, TX

I worked at Marathon Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always lots of food and drinks available

Cons

I was hired as both an APP and a clinic manager. As the manager I thought it was my job to correct problems if they arose. I'm a retired military officer and have been a PA for 37 years (at that time) with much background in management, so when a trend of clinic bullying arose I addressed. I was fired for doing so. No, no corrective discuss. No chat about different methods to use. Just a phone call and fired -- pack your...

Advice to Management

Isn't it self-evident, the advise? Management doesn't fire someone with a phone call without an investigation into the problem. I will admit that the administrator involved was stressed at the time due to many rapid changes, but then that administrator might have called in another asset to examine the situation.

"Great Company- Experiencing some growing pains"

I have been working at Marathon Health

Pros

Great CEO, happy to promote from within, enjoyable workplace

Cons

Grew very rapidly and lacked some of the training and support services one would expect of a company of its size

5. "Medical Assistant"

I have been working at Marathon Health full-time

Pros

Great company culture and values They care about employee satisfaction and many opportunities to grow

Cons

Communication with others is difficult due to the company having many sites

November 9, 2018VP, People Operations

Thank you for being an Ambassador! Don't hesitate to reach out to your Account Manager or any member of either the Training or People Ops Team. We are all here to help you navigate Marathon Health and help you find ways to stay connected. We have so many great resources and tools ...

6. "ARNP"

I have been working at Marathon Health full-time

Pros

This company promotes team-spirit through their Ambassador program, which is evident in their support, encouragement, and genuine concern for their clients. No question is too small, no problem is too big, that cannot be worked out through teamwork and guidance. Promotion of health, and the time to engage patients in their own healthcare and health goals, is what many of us dreamed of when we first started our careers....

Cons

None. They are approachable and available to address any issues.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Marathon Health full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This company genuinely cares about the people who use our services and the staff who work for them. I am encouraged to try new things and be innovative. My boss acknowledges he is not the font of all knowledge and will re-direct me to the person who prioritizes in my particular question. I love my co-workers, they are funny, caring, and dedicated. My opinion matters.

Cons

Truthfully, this is the first company I have worked for that I can say there have been no cons. Everyone is willing to listen and find solutions.

Advice to Management

No advice, just a thank you for allowing me to be apart of such an amazing team!

November 9, 2018VP, People Operations

You and your opinion matter! Thank YOU for being an integral part of Marathon!

8. "You want to work here!!!"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant

I have been working at Marathon Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

*The first company I've ever worked for who TRULY cares about its people *Good schedule *benefits *management is great! *No micro managing *private practice feel (small work environment) * Open to suggestions *A company that is not afraid of change *Advancement opportunities, even in the Medical Assistant role which is rare I could go forever!

Cons

After reading up on the company and going through the hiring process I thought there was going to be a catch. I honestly don't have anything negative to say. If I absolutely had to pick something I would say it would be nice to have another MA in the building sometimes but that is based on our customers needs. My providers are very nice and down to earth so enjoy working with them.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Maybe help start the conversation about personal development!

November 9, 2018VP, People Operations

Thank you for the encouragement! Remember that YOU are Marathon Health--we are here for YOU!

9. "Clinical Director and Advanced Nurse Practitioner"

I have been working at Marathon Health full-time

Pros

We have ample time to spend with our patients.

Cons

Management is not always willing to listen to the whole story.

Advice to Management

Listen before judging

November 9, 2018VP, People Operations

This is disappointing to read--but important feedback to take to heart. Thank you!

10. "The best company I ever worked for!!!!!"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Jackson, MS

I worked at Marathon Health full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The organization and benefits were excellent.

Cons

There were no cons to this job.

November 9, 2018VP, People Operations

Wow! Thank you for the shot in the arm! (Healthcare...shot in the arm...get it?)

Found 54 reviews