KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Marathon TS Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2021

Found 34 of over 42 reviews

4.4
Marathon TS CEO Pamela K. Siek (no image)
Pamela K. Siek
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Jun 17, 2021 - Lead Software Engineer in Springfield, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is above market and management is structured in a way of flat management style

Cons

Products/Services of clients are not compelling

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT Company, very forward thinking, awesome remote work environment

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Marathon offers great opportunities in the DoD and IC spaces that allow for extensive remote work. They have an awesome team environment that encourages collaboration and really values the opinions of those that work for the company. I have worked as a software developer in support of Federal Programs across many of the larger government contracting companies out there and I can say without a doubt that this is the most talented and best run team I have ever been apart of. To close, I have been very impressed with my experience at Marathon and am excited to continue to help this company as a part of its A++ level team.

Cons

The cons of Marathon are not really even cons. As a small company, Marathon's healthcare can be a little pricey depending on what type of plan you are looking for. That being said, the team spent a lot of time with me during the interview process to help with pick the best plan for me. While it was more expensive than my last companies, the coverage has been great and Marathon more than made up for the difference in price by giving me a substantial salary raise over my previous spot (and i had nothing to complain about salary wise in my last position :))

Marathon TS Response

Vice President, Recruiting

Thank you for the feedback! We appreciate the kind words and will continue to refine and build an amazing work environment! Please do not hesitate to reach out or share feedback at any time!

3. 5.0

New Hire's Perspective

Jul 1, 2020 - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn about this opportunity and within 24 hours, I had an interview. Within another 24 hours I had a job offer. The compensation is great, but the benefits could be a bit better. The interview was really great and relaxed. The interview is what sold me on the job since I was able to speak with my future coworkers / supervisors and get a feel for the technologies and environment I would be working with and in. They were also very patient as I made my decision between staying with my old company and joining them, which I greatly appreciated. As for the company itself, I can speak to what I was hired for: Marathon TS has won multiple government contracts for specific work items and has put together teams to handle these contracts and to work directly with the government teams to accomplish end goals. I am assigned to a specific team working on a specific contract. My position is fully remote and I was provided a very nice laptop to work with. It is very flexible, so you can choose to work early or late as long as you attend the meetings and overtime is available when funding allows (even with salary pay).

Cons

I honestly cannot speak completely to cons yet, as I haven't worked here long enough.

4. 4.0

FACILITIES MANAGER SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT

Apr 16, 2021 - FACILITIES MANAGER SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (SME) in Sterling, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A Strong Recruiter got me in the into job I have now

Cons

A small company located a hour from and I don't to see the team.

5. 4.0

Marathon TS employee review

Apr 21, 2021 - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great communication, remote work, opportunity for advancement, HR responsiveness

Cons

no 401k matching, weak PTO,

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jan 18, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The company has recently done a great job of listening and acting upon areas of improvement provided by employees. - Great communication from management/employees

Cons

None come to mind at the moment

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Apr 18, 2021 - Network Engineer in Fallon, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back work environment low pressure

Cons

Under paid no 401k match

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company. Incredible People. Responsive. Professional. Caring.

Jun 8, 2020 - Subcontractor in Harrisonburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Marathon offered me a position that I have true passion for and genuinely enjoy. Although not a direct applicant, I was found by an amazing recruiter. Upon the process of applying. interviews. Onboarding. Throughout. Marathon listened. Responded professionally. Offered me a position that I knew I could be successful at. To have optimism for. To work and grow my opportunities. Career. Within or without. There is a structure within this company that prides itself on doing what is best for those who want to be better every day. Those who want to continue learning and pushing forward in their careers. I want to use a word to describe this positive experience I have had with Marathon. That word is a feeling. Relatable to passion. Diligence. Care. Professionalism.

Cons

I learned about the job I would be performing as I moved through the stages of interviews and onboarding. Marathon was humble about their business and offered me little as to the structure of the company.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Dishonest negotiation tactics

Aug 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Explained role well - Facilitated interviews well - Time tracking and admin tasks were easy

Cons

- Not straightforward about benefits - Felt like they were dishonest and trying to trick me during negotiations A story about negotiating benefits: Another company (for which I now work full time) used Marathon to hire me on a 6 month contract to hire deal. When negotiating salary and benefits with Marathon, I asked for healthcare benefits, PTO, and paid vacation days (like the 4th, Christmas, etc.). They sent me a document explaining pretty standard benefits here and I said it looked good, assuming I would get all of the benefits listed. They then sent me an offer letter which stated that I only got healthcare and PTO, but no paid vacation days. I was confused about this, and when I brought it to their attention they said that they couldn't provide me with both PTO and paid vacation days. I thought this was very dishonest of them, since I the document sent to me implied I would get all of the benefits listed. I additionally had trouble getting a straight answer on when my healthcare benefits would kick in. Marathon has a first of the month after the first 30 days of employment policy. I started on January 2, so I figured my benefits would start February 1. However, though I asked multiple times, this was never explicitly confirmed by Marathon. I called one more time in late January to make sure that my benefits would start in February and was told that they would actually start in March. I was able to get them to correct this and start them in February, but I felt like they were either not familiar with their own policy, or trying to swindle me out of a month of healthcare. Either way I did not appreciate it.

7 people found this review helpful

Marathon TS Response

Vice President, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback, and I am sorry things were not clearer during your discussions with us. However, I know this was not done out of nefarious intent. On the contrary, we strive to properly manage expectations for all of our candidates – that includes making sure candidates fully understand our benefits and the different options available. It sounds like we did a good job of explaining the role, our time tracking and reporting policies, and facilitating interviews; but we did not do a good job of communicating our benefits to you, and again, I am sorry for that. We do offer flexible benefits options that can be tailored to meet any individual and/or family needs. Our benefits start the 1st of the month following a full month of work. In the example you provided, starting January 2nd, your benefits would start March 1. This is outlined in our employment agreement that we provide to all new hires, and is within the law that states employers have 90 days after the start of employment to activate health Insurance policies. I'm glad you followed-up with us on your benefits and that we were able to solve the problem very quickly – you will find that is something common with us; we solve problems quickly. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional questions or concerns! Thank you!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome first job

Sep 14, 2020 - Data Entry
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great communication skills - time management skills

Cons

There are no cons, this was a great job

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews