Marcus & Millichap Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Atlanta, GA Area

Marcus & Millichap CEO Hessam Nadji
Hessam Nadji

Pros
Cons
  • If you don't sell you don't make any money, and run the chance of losing your desk (in 11 reviews)

• If you work for just one agent you get absolutely no benefits (in 15 reviews)

"Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Marcus & Millichap (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience builder for resume, potential upside for transitioning into sales, Opportunity to learn a lot about the commercial real estate industry.

Cons

Poor work-life balance unless you are a successful sales veteran in company, cut-throat atmosphere - constant competition with external competitors as well as other agents within the company, All depends on what "team" within the company you work with or what product type you will specialize in. Unless you want to go into the brokerage, this is really just a great way to get a couple years of underwriting experience to leverage for your next position with a REIT, lender or equity firm. Get in, put up with the lack of work-life balance to grab experience out of school and then get out and move on to the principal-equity side of the game. Note this review is from the perspective of someone who does not aspire to stay in the brokerage segment of the industry. Not to say its not an important and integral part of the industry and that you can't make a lot of money doing it, just not my taste. I just can't will myself to spew constant BS which is the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Invest more time and resources into the analyst roles and you might, might be able to keep some great people that can add value. At the end of the day, the only way you stay with the company long-term is if you want to stay in sales. For those who aspire to work at a REIT or anywhere in the principal side of the business, this is a stepping stone.

2. "Good exposure, but depends on your supervisor"

Current Intern - Business Development Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Intern - Business Development Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Marcus & Millichap as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-My boss was really nice and willing to help me achieve my career goals
    -I learned a lot about what it means to be a real estate professional and how money flows and is made in the industry
    -If you interested in brokerage or commercial real estate, give it a shot

Cons

-Boring office
    -Not a lot of colleague interaction unless you look for it. Most people are out of the office in meetings. I made a conscious effort to meet new people so it panned out.

Advice to Management

-Better policies to train and pay interns. I've heard they are getting stricter about interns, which is disappointing

"Boring, but entrepreneurial, good company for experienced people"

Former Intern - Summer Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Summer Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Marcus & Millichap as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial, felt as if one can make a lot of money potentially

Cons

Boring, drab corporate culture.
    Horrible bosses