Marin Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Marin Software Reviews

Updated July 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I'm also constantly supported to have a strong work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• You can work from home, good food and drinks provided (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I left during some turbulent times as they were having some financial growing pains, but I can't say I had any major complaints (in 6 reviews)

• very political culture -- people were rewarded based on relationships with upper-management vs performance in their role (in 6 reviews)

"Good Software, Nice People"

Former Employee - Customer Success Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Marin Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company office locations are great, the pay is competitive, and there are lot of young/smart people to collaborate with.

Cons

The company has seen a lot of turnover as of late which is a little worrisome. Seeing more stick around would help improve confidence.

Advice to Management

Change is a natural evolution but more consistency would help improve morale and focus.

Nov 14, 2014 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! And thank you for understanding that all companies must experience change. All of our changes are in an effort to lay a strong foundation for the future. We know... More

"Poor leadership, low employee morale, high turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Marin Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Once a fantastic company that valued its employees, where there was collaboration and mentorship, where people believed in the vision, the mission and the leadership.

Cons

With a few key hires put into executive level positions who had no business being there, the company unraveled and there has been significant loss of talent and an overall malaise amongst those remaining at SF headquarters and in satellite offices, Chicago and New York.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately the horse has left the barn and the toxic environment that was created by leadership late last year has decimated many of the departments and has left them devoid of confidence in company management and outlook on the future

Dec 4, 2014 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback. Companies must experience change--especially in the immediate years after going public. All of our changes are in an effort to lay a strong foundation for the... More

"Growing company and a lot of opportunities"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Marin Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Global company - 14 office across the world. Certain employees get to fly out to San Francisco for new hire training. They invest in their office spaces and employees - which means offices with great views in prime locations. Lots of cool perks like $75 per diem while traveling on business, stocked kitchens, and great benefits. Really cool offices and have a laid back atmosphere. Great training program and room to grow. Good work life balance. Rewarded for working hard. Fun events like sand volleyball leagues.

Cons

Competitive, they are known to fire people for underperforming (but that comes with any job). They do not match 401Ks. Parking can be expensive (but they pay for half of commuting and parking costs).

Nov 14, 2014 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so glad to hear that you have enjoyed working with us thus far. Austin is definitely a very fun office to be part of.

"Pretty Alright overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Marin Software full-time

Pros

In my position, my boss is super nice and flexible, making for a very enjoyable work environment. The company also tries to do a lot of team building and fun activities.

Cons

In the multiple years I have been there I have not been given a raise of any kind, not even cost of living. I would have to move positions to get a pay increase and none of the other positions are nearly as flex. (And mgmt in osome positions can come off as a bit shady and are people I would not want to work for)

Oct 7, 2014 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! Over the past year we have been implementing performance reviews which should lead to raises and promotions for those that merit them. Please reach out to HR if... More

"Not bad for an enterprise software company. Fun culture in the early days but grew stale and underpaying its employees"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Marin Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office, good views, decent managers.

Cons

Boring work, pays relatively low.

Advice to Management

Innovate and act like a Silicon Valley firm

Aug 11, 2014 – Head of Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear that you liked the office and managers. Your advice to "Innovate and act like a Silicon Valley firm," is something that Marin Software does... More

"Stable Release Process"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Marin Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very stable and regular release process. Stakeholders understand the value of quality code and unit testing and the dangers of scope creep, which is almost non-existent.

Cons

Working on a large, mature web application, technical progress can seem slow sometimes.

"Great sales job"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Marin Software (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay, great culture, fun

Cons

none, it's a great job.

"Great workers but senior management has missed the boat"

Former Employee - Customer Success in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Success in New York, NY

I worked at Marin Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offices in great locations
    Departments other than Customer Success are run well
    "Worker bees" that care

Cons

Lack of executive leadership
    Lots of turnover in Customer Success group
    Reactive product development cycle

Advice to Management

Remember that it is always the client that comes first. As such, arm, motivate, train and incent your customer facing folks instead of blaming them the for the poor contracts they inherited from sales or the client dissatisfaction from a complex product that has slipped behind the competition.

"Nepotism and Post-IPO Woes"

Former Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Marin Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

strong brand, good location, solid benefits

Cons

Company suffering from incessant nepotism and change of management. HR is clueless. Product has lacked innovation for some time.

Advice to Management

Get back to grassroots. Poor executive hiring is forcing current talent to find less abusive employers. Not ok way you're treating ppl who've dedicated years to mission/vision.

"Good people, good, product, good service..."

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Marin Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice location with great benefits ranging from commuter/parking reimbursement, flex spend, stocked fridge, 3 weeks PTO, solid salary, etc. Product is strong in the market and constantly evolving for the better. People are smart and assertive.

Cons

Business units are silo'ed and they don't work together cohesively sometimes. Silos create their own culture and they dont always keep the overall mission in mind.

Advice to Management

Reduce the silos - managers need to build cohesive and synergistic teams to really push Marin forward.Keep innovating.