MaritzCX Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Mike Sinoway

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Can work from home and set your own schedule (in 13 reviews)

• Working from home as needed is a benefit and there are great people to work with at MaritzCX (in 10 reviews)

"Much Better Now"

I have been working at MaritzCX full-time

Pros

The new exec team seems good. They are all much better than some of the past exec leaders. Pay is good, transparency is good, and the company strategy seems really strong. Product performance is much better in past six months.

Cons

Budget cuts have hurt, but at least we see why they happened and can feel the changes are for the greater good. Still too few staff on some key areas; working a lot of hours.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent. The new direction is good. Be happy with our own trajectory. Open up some headcount to keep up with demand. Keep celebrating wins. Help all the offices feel like one team.

2. "Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MaritzCX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Absolutely love the culture at MaritzCX. The new executive leadership has made the needed changes to make the company profitable. The future is bright, this company will do very good things.

Cons

Some customer demands may not be as profitable to the bank account as originally thought and may contribute to cultural stresses in a negative way.

Advice to Management

Stay engaged with the work your employees perform on a day to day basis.

Sep 1, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback! The culture at MaritzCX is something that we are very proud of, and we are always striving to improve. The leadership team is working diligently to be transparent, and... More

3. "Manager"

I worked at MaritzCX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Had a great time learning from other smart people. Company culture was laid back, and similar to what you would find in other techs. Product was cool. Yearly conference was cool.

Cons

A lot of competing voices at the top. Overall vision/direction seemed to be swamped and cloudy. The product had issues, but that seems to be the same everywhere.

Advice to Management

Work with, and listen to employees on the ground. Create that trusting relationship by digging in and learning what they know. Asking sincere questions, and taking action where possible. Closing the loop when ideas are helpful, but not possible to implement.

Sep 1, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. We are continuing to create transparency and trust through the monthly town halls led by the leadership team. Employees are... More

4. "Transcriber"

Current Employee - Market Research Transcriber in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Market Research Transcriber in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MaritzCX part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I listen on in previously recorded calls for quality purposes and transcribe verbatim what is said, while looking out for trigger words to mark. I also translate cases and do coding. I love the ease of working remotely and the competitive nature of improving on my daily production. Finally, I love how you can make your own weekly work schedule.

Cons

I dislike the fact that it's hard to get a promotion there, due to our office closing down and forcing everyone to qui,t or work remotely from home, which doesn't allow the daily face-to-face interaction that a regular office provides.

Advice to Management

I would appreciate a work environment that allows room to learning and growth.

Aug 10, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your comments. While working from home does not allow the daily interaction as being in an office allows, we do try to keep our remote employees involved; please reach out to you... More

5. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at MaritzCX full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, good people. Employees care about each other. Glad to see emphasis on services again, cautiously optimistic in outlook of company. There are good times at MaritzCX, but there are also times when that is not the case.

Cons

Unrealistic timelines, often a stressful work atmosphere (when it rains, it pours). Too often, management is not understanding when employees are past bandwidth and continue to pile on more work. The MaritzCX culture caters to manage the IT/engineering workload, but everyone else's jobs have gotten harder (this is a dramatic shift away from the Maritz Research culture). Sales team over promising to clients.

Advice to Management

Get to know the work that is being done by your employees. If not, you will never be able to empathize with their struggles. Ensure that billable hours are calculated correctly so those that are working well past 40 hours don't appear as "less busy". Current measurement make workers putting in extra time appear less billable, and not as busy as they really are. This has to be addressed. Please give us the tools and resources we need for new business initiatives. Please also enforce proper handoffs of programs from sales teams to project teams.

Aug 10, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your open and honest feedback. As with any organization, there are ebbs and flows in workloads, but we are concerned to hear that you feel the workload is un-manageable. We truly... More

6. "Great colleagues and team environment"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Customer Success
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Customer Success

I have been working at MaritzCX full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people are the greatest asset of MaritzCX. Team members across the organization are always willing to collaborate.

The new leadership team is committed to transparency and has a sound strategy to move forward.

Cons

Client needs are changing and this has required shifting some skill sets across the team.

Advice to Management

Continue the town halls and transparency regarding how the company is performing. Continue to make sure our roadmap is aligned to where the market is headed.

Aug 10, 2017 – Human Resources

We couldn't agree more that the people are the greatest asset of MaritzCX! We appreciate the positive feedback and are pleased to hear that the town halls and transparency from the leadership team... More

7. "Frustrating, but Some Positives"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

I have been working at MaritzCX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

"Unlimited" Vacation and Sick Time, though often hard to get time off.
    Alot of good coworkers who really care about performance and clients.
    Company events and activities.

Cons

Pay is inconsistent across the same position in same office; pay is below industry average. Raises and promotions are very hard to come by.
    Poor middle management that is out of touch with project team pressures; little to no turnover at this level so not a lot of change or progress with culture, employee development and such.
    Too much work, not enough staff.

Advice to Management

Create continuity between offices with perks, such as cafeteria or gyms.
    Equal pay for equal work.
    Less talk, more action on valuing employees and developing leaders and managers. Career path planning was starting up a couple years ago but that stalled out and employees don't know how to get to the next level, which is why so many leave to move up.
    Its interesting if you filter the Ratings by location, Maumee has the lowest rating of the company; that should be telling enough that changes need made here.

Aug 11, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your honest feedback. We implemented an unlimited vacation policy to empower each team member to be able to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Please talk with your manager or—if... More

8. "Amazing Company to Work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MaritzCX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The leadership of the company has had some turnover, but where they are at now they genuinely care for the employees. Family time/work life balance is more than honored. In my experience, I've never been micromanaged but given opportunities to grow. The people you work with are smart and willing people. There is always room to learn.

Cons

With changes in the executive team, some things have moved slower than others. Opportunities are not always presented to deserving employees, you need be a go getter and pursue your ambitions hard. This can be frustrating at times. There aren't many cons here it's a great place to work especially for engineers!

Advice to Management

Recognize your hard work outstanding employees and grant them opportunities before it's too late.

Keep up what you are doing, we are on the right path!

Jul 14, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback! We are working hard to better recognize outstanding employees and to provide development opportunities internally. We welcome thoughts from... More

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Development Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Development Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MaritzCX full-time

Pros

MaritzCX makes it easy for me to want to come to work every day. I love what I do and the people I work with. Work/Life balance is phenomenal and the benefits are great. I feel taken care of and appreciated.

Cons

A little bit of instability a few months ago but better now, running leaner and getting to profitability faster.

Jul 14, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for sharing this great feedback! MaritzCX strives to promote work/life balance and we are delighted that you love what you do! We've had a lot of changes in the last six months and the... More

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MaritzCX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great People, Fair Pay, Good Benefits, Flexibility, Vacation

Cons

Opportunities for Advancement are not always clear

Advice to Management

The business model to focus on a few very large clients is hard for those working on smaller clients. We also tend to have most of our problems and spend most of our time on these few large clients.

Aug 10, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your comments and appreciate the work that each team member puts into every client, both large and small clients. Thank you for reminding us that we need to recognize the teams working... More