Mark-Taylor Residential Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Jeff Mark & Scott Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company to Work For!"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Mark-Taylor Residential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun work place to work. Amazing training program. They really care about their employees and recognize you for your accomplishments. These people are more like family verses just co-workers. Amazing uniform program. Fun employee outings.

Cons

Not much room for growth once you have become an community manager. If you do not want to be an Asset Manager, there is nowhere else to go with the company.

Advice to Management

Create more positions for growth.

2. "Best property management company"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Litchfield Park, AZ
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Litchfield Park, AZ

I worked at Mark-Taylor Residential full-time

Pros

Mark Taylor is by far the best company I've ever worked at. They strive to go above and beyond in everything they do. It has at times been the most stressful and difficult jobs as they set the bench mark high. But it also been one of the most rewarding and enjoyable places I've worked. Asset Managers are very personable and know even the newest employee by name. Property Managers are well trained and have a lead by example approach. Compensation is above industry standards with monthly performance bonuses. They promote from within (4 of my techs were promoted to Service Manager). I had the honor of working with some of the greatest people in this industry..John, Linda, Dana, Tanya, Kurt, Randy and many more. All of which are very dedicated to both their residents and co-workers and try to provide the highest level of customer service.

Cons

Not necessarily a Con... but new techs will have to adjust to a high level of attention to detail. i.e. on turns switch plate screws straight up and down, refrigerator/ AC coils cleaned, dryer exhaust /window tracks cleaned etc.

Advice to Management

Perhaps expand more in West Valley.

3. "Magnificent Management"

Former Employee - Assistant Business Manager in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Business Manager in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Mark-Taylor Residential (More than a year)

Pros

Cares for their people, promotes within. Strong branding of the company. Huge local presence. Classy properties and well maintained communities.

Cons

When I worked for the company the room for growth was limited to the smaller number of properties. This isn't the case now with all their growth in the valley

"What Once Was"

Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Leasing Professional in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

If you actually work at a Mark-Taylor built community you will most likely have a great experience because corporate really cares about its own. You might have a good experience if you work at a community with owners who the company is trying to grow business with.
    The uniform program used to be a great benefit.
    Vacation time is accrued quickly.
    Health insurance is great.
    Brand recognition is helpful when selling.

Cons

What once was the greatest company to work for has now become one of the worst. In the last year it seems that corporate is only concerned with building relationships with new owners and not in investing in their employees. We purchased some of the worst communities and were forced to try to sell the Mark-Taylor brand when these communities in no way shape or form compare to the actual Mark-Taylor owned and built communities.
    Low pay and being forced to clock in for 40 hours when really you work about 60 a week is an expectation. Managers who come in when they please and leave or are barely there seems to be the norm here.
    Corporate communication is horrible. They will email about an idea or something coming soon and then you never hear about it again or months later they all the sudden bring it back up. For instance they made everyone order discounted fitbits and said there would be a competition. About two months later, 5 days into the week the competition started.
    We used to have these amazing trunk shows to show off our uniforms and this last season we were forced to wear our winter clothes from October all the way through May! Thankfully I had been there for a few years so I had options but some girls wore the same worn out clothes over and over.
    HR and corporate are friends with the in crowd so if you get invited to the "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" group feel lucky. If you don't get invited, just know that you will never get promoted. To be in said group you should be blonde, young and like to get wasted.
    Training is self serve so you better figure it out on your own.
    There are about 10,000 systems you must use just to function. Just kidding but really be prepared to use, Yardi, OnSite, Pay Your Rent, Active Building, Vaultware, Maxleases, LeaseHawk, GROW and as soon as you get used to one they will take it away.
    High expectations and little training will make you feel like a failure on a daily basis. Just hope your manager knows what they are doing.
    Low pay, I only got one increase in the last few years. Leasing bonuses are based on your owners.

Advice to Management

Treat each employee and community the same. Offer overtime. Hire enough people. Working alone should not be the standard. Watch your managers, most don't work 40 hours a week! Pay more and you will get more. Don't own bad communities that are hard to lease or keep up!

5. "Leasing Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Excellent benefits and decent pay. Bonuses were amazing!!

Cons

Lack of help or support from corporate.

6. "Best Company"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mark-Taylor Residential full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great community feel. You feel like you work for Mark-Taylor not the specific property. They have great resources and training. They have great uniforms and treat emoter well.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with them so far. I have seen that some community managers won't cover there own employees on the weekends.

7. "Maintenance Supervisor"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mark-Taylor Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-worker, beautiful, and well maintained properties. Good bonus, and pay as you move up.

Cons

Hire friends and family, so management can be unqualified.

Advice to Management

Promote with in.

8. "Challenging"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Mark-Taylor Residential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is competitive compared to industry average

Cons

Small company, lack of strong benefits.

Advice to Management

Better corporate organization, stronger training resources.

9. "Excellent company to work for."

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Mark-Taylor Residential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Superior training, warm and welcoming co-workers,great starting salary, PTO for part-time employees, beautiful properties,company believes in advancing to the next level, Sr. management helps you meet your goals, company helps with the cost of uniforms.

Cons

Change the uniforms more often.

Advice to Management

Continue to do the great job your doing

10. "15 Years and Counting"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Mark-Taylor Residential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family like feel. The company is very supportive of your career. I've made life long friends through this company. Ethical and Fun environment.

Cons

Long hours but that's the business we're in.