Market America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
James (JR) Ridinger

Pros
  • For hard working people this is a great place to work (in 13 reviews)

• One of the things I loved most about the company was meeting all the great people who work there (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Like most other companies of its size work life balance can be a challenge (in 8 reviews)

• upper management could use some leadership courses to better deal with stress and how to lead and respect employees (in 11 reviews)

1. "Great company with lots of potential for growth"

Current Employee - Director in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Market America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Market america is a great company to work for if you have the right attitude and the desire to grow. It is a very Fast paced work environment and the scope for boredom is nil. There is a lot of scope for growth if you are willing to go the extra mile. There are a lot of good people in various departments that making working there fun. anyone who has been willing to work over and byond has been rewarded.
    The benefits are above average and the on site clinic is a very good bonus.

Cons

There is a lot of attrition which makes it more difficult for people who work there. Som of the departs are understaffed.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the departments that are understaffed and hire value adding employees there.

"Hostile Environment"

Former Employee - Developer in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Developer in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Market America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large parking lot, and secure building.

Cons

unhealthy work enviornment. Management speaks down to employees.
    They work employees to an unhealthy stress level. Expect employees to put work before
    their life

Advice to Management

Leave

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Market America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of things I love is working at Market America. This company values good employees.
    Since graduated from university, I worked for 4 companies. No to mentioned that I started work with different teams on many projects since I were a high school student in ASIA.

I join this company since a temp (yes, a temp), then with company keep growing, I got the promotions and got chances to work with many great people in many functions of this company. Till now I have been working in Market America family over 11 years.

It is not only a job. Market America is like a University. By working with many great people in Market America, I learned various knowledge and skills. I learned a lot of knowledge include, cutting edge techs, creative business models, healthy/nutrition knowledge, fashion/cosmetic knowledge, website building, FinTech, Warehouse & International shipping knowledge, Mobile Commerce, social media/digital marketing, communication & relationship building skill, and what the true Leadership it is from great leaders in market america.

Also, I got many sense of achievements (and I believe many market america teammates have same feeling too). This company and its management team encourage innovations. Over the years Market America keep invest a lot on building various commerce platforms with creative business models & cutting edge techs.

Sometimes the innovations from this company lead the industry and even change the thinking of a whole industry in a country, for example Taiwan (you can google it with market america and TW famous magazine names, like BusinessToday, GQ Taiwan, Vogue Taiwan..).
    One of exciting things here is: A brilliant idea happened in Market America can become the great innovation to change people life quickly and even turn it to a trending among people’s mouths. Why this company has the power to make these great things happen? That is because Market America is running membership with millions members and distributors. This company has the people power to duplicate the successful concepts and innovations. To the employees and their brilliant idea, Market America is a place to stand on and move the world. When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride.

Besides, Market America SHOP.COM is an omnichannel. It benefits each employee includes our family daily life necessities because Market America has many awesome branding products and +20 million consumption-products from +10,000 affiliated merchants in global markets. This company got great products and we can have great deals for daily life necessities and shopping.

Cons

None. I have no complaints.a lot of knowledge to learn.

"Great Company and Opportunities"

I have been working at Market America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees you will find here are some of the best people I've had the opportunity to work with. I've been given many opportunities for advancement during my time here. The heath benefits are some of the best around and having an on-ste Nurse has been a real asset. Executive Management Members are very approachable on any issues and they all have an open door policy when it comes to any concerns. Great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

There can be long hours at times, but that comes with my field of work, so not necessarily a Con toward the Company.

Advice to Management

Keep offering opportunites for advancement for your employees. There are some talented individuals in the Company.

"Horrendous management"

I worked at Market America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office is located in a safe area.

Cons

Management is extremely unprofessional.

Be prepared to furnish all of your own office supplies. Budgets do not exist.

Advice to Management

Identify and purge toxic personalities regardless of tenure.

7. "Event"

I have been working at Market America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are many great opportunities within the company. The company has opened up so many countries, and doing very well. I cannot imagine 10 years from now, and Market America can be top 100 companies in the country. My direct and indirect bosses always encourage me, and it keeps me moving forward to be the best I can be.
    I have a great group of co-workers to work with, and I do feel lucky.
    The healthcare is wonderful.
    I do not think that I can find any better place to work.

Cons

My job can be very challenging, but it's what I like.

"Tried to bribe me to post a positive review"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Market America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm not sure I can come up with 20 words? I have worked here for a few years now and they do pay very well, but they have to, to keep people. Co-workers are nice and everyone bands together to help each other make it through the day.

Cons

Abusive and hostile work environment. Management is explosive. Yelling, screaming and calling people names. There's no communication and there's no transparency. Little employee development and opportunities to grow. The company doesn't care about the employee or their "UFOs" in the pyramid. They simply want them to earn them more money to buy more houses and cars, etc.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and focus less on yourself and what went wrong and look for positive outcomes, ways to learn from mistakes and grow as a company. You may be the senior leaders, but you don't know everything. And please don't ask people to post positive reviews here to make it look like a better place to work than it really is. Shame!

"Professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Market America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing good about this place. However, They have some good people there but it so sad they allowed themselves to be verbally abused by upper management.

Cons

The worst company I have ever worked for in my 20+Year of my professional career. They are very unprofessional verbally abused their employees take advantage of them by making it mandatory to work their two conventions which should be voluntary not mandatory.

Advice to Management

Hire professional management to run the company. Quality is better than Quantity. One should be qualified and have experience in their position or at least have some knowledge of what they're doing.

"Run for your life"

I worked at Market America full-time

Pros

There are some great people working there.

Cons

The owners, the work environment.

11. "Bilingual customer service"

I worked at Market America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good healthcare plan, great benefits, fairly good management.Many incentives

Cons

Scheduling can be difficult to new comers, No part time schedule available,ramp, no personal involvement

Advice to Management

It's a call center job. I worked with Market America for about 1.5 years. I really loved my job. Management were nice, always tries to help you. Training was little confusing, but job itself is easy. so you will learn quickly.