Market America Unfranchise Owner Reviews | Glassdoor

Unfranchise Owner

5.0
James (JR) Ridinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There are individual teams around the company but everyone comes together to make it a great place to work" (in 15 reviews)

• "There are so many great people and they genuinely love the COO" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Parking can be difficult and having a sliding scale to earn more time off would benefit work/life balance" (in 10 reviews)

• "Management acts as the medium between you and upper management" (in 14 reviews)

1. "Unfranchise Owner"

Current Freelancer - Unfranchise Owner in Redding, CA
    Current Freelancer - Unfranchise Owner in Redding, CA

I have been working at Market America (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons of opportunity no matter where youre at or what your schedule looks like. Your success is never limited by the company just your own personal perseverance. Unlimited income potential. Amazing people to work with. Team building. Focused on helping the everyday person!
    Once you get activated things just start to roll from there!

Cons

Some things to be aware of is that you are not relying on how much time you put it now. Your income is based on your ability to successfully communicate the opportunity or sell retail. You are the only one creating possibility for successful income. May be fairly difficult to start up at times getting the ball going!

Advice to Management

You guys are amazing! Thank you JR! Only advice if any would be to see if there is any way to link the Shop.com registry to products that are only available in other partner stores like target. Not to say that it isnt already amazing the way it is now but I can see much more income steaming when people are able to just stay one site and add everything to there registry to there without transferring websites when they see a product they like that we dont carry.

Also when it comes "PRODUCT DETAILS" I think it is imperative that every single one of our products up on the Shop.com website have all those details available to them. Im not saying none have details im just saying a few of my customers have run into that issue and have checked out and purchased through partner stores just because we didnt have enough details on our products. Thank you

2. "Life Changing"

Current Freelancer - Unfranchise Owner in Charlotte, NC
    Current Freelancer - Unfranchise Owner in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Market America (Less than a year)

Pros

Independence, Team work, Loyalty, Energy/Fun, Dedication, Gives you back your time, Amazing products, Wonderful Trainings, Market America is a 'family' and welcomes you with opens arms and is there every step of the way with training.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! What an amazing company, thank you!

3. "Awesome people, the best products and no better training on earth!"

Current Freelancer - Unfranchise Owner in Portland, OR
    Current Freelancer - Unfranchise Owner in Portland, OR

Pros

I now make residual income which means my time is my own and I am in control of my destiny and my life. I get to help other people make a possitive difference in their lives.

Cons

I do still work, but only 10 hours a week, and on my own schedule, so no cons really.

Advice to Management

I love you guys - keep up the great work!

4. "Working with a great corporate team and directors has been a life changing event, both financially and emotionally;"

Current Freelancer - Coordinator-unFranchise Owner in Hermitage, TN
    Current Freelancer - Coordinator-unFranchise Owner in Hermitage, TN

Pros

I am able to work from home or wherever I travel, knowing that I am building an ongoing income for myself and my family, I no longer participate in the rat race that we are taught to aspire to. I travel and meet people from all over the world, all happy to be part of market america...one big very happy family..with a wonderful training system to help new comers. It is never to late to become an unfranchise owner,,,there are no limits, other than the ones we place on ourselves.

Cons

It is not a get rich quick scheme, and it takes work to build your organization, however the rewards are plentiful, It is somewhat complicated to understand in the beginning, mostly because it is so unbelievable people try to out guess the plan. It is simple once you understand the unique compensation plan.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job, inspiring us and leading us towards being the #1 online shopping destination. The promises made to us are fulfilled and I look forward to the new advances that are surely coming our way with the acquisition of Shop.com.