Market America Unfranchise Owner Reviews | Glassdoor

Market America Reviews

Found 240 reviews

4.1
James (JR) Ridinger
Pros
  • "There are individual teams around the company but everyone comes together to make it a great place to work(in 15 reviews)

• "I love working with a different kind of people who would love to have an opportunity to grow there own business(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Parking can be difficult and having a sliding scale to earn more time off would benefit work/life balance(in 10 reviews)

• "Like I said this is a fast paced job that will require some long hours occasionally(in 13 reviews)

1. "Excellent work environment"

Former Employee - Director of Advertising in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Market America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good community of workers with a strong work ethic and a passion to succeed. Opportunity to move up and laterally if desired. Good community ties and charity work opportunities.

Cons

Long hours to completet tasks.

Advice to Management

Continue to give the opportunity to those that deserve it.

2. "A Company on the Rise"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Market America full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

As a Direct Selling Company, the highest integrity to the Distributors. Always review policies to ensure Distributors conduct business in the highest moral standard. Truly a leader in the industry. Staff wise there are plenty of opportunities, especially the company is growing.

Cons

Can invest more on staff, such as annual staff training conducted by outside trainers. That will ensure our standard are meeting or even exceeding the industry.

Advice to Management

Focus on driving more business and simplify the internal procedures and processes.

3. "Great pkace to work for self motivated people"

Current Employee - Directlr in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Market America full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Opportunity for advancement internally is good, great benefit package (health, dental, vision, FSA, 401K etc..). Its a fast paced environment and great for self motivated individuals. There are always challenges to keep you on your toes.

Cons

Not a place for someone looking to work inside a box.

4. "Great Benefits!"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Market America full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

This company is one in which everyone, no matter their previous experience, have an opportunity to grow, succeed and advance.

Cons

At times there is a lack of communication beyond a single email.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Market America full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Market America Cares about there employees.

Cons

Great place to work and good Benefits.

6. "5 years with Market America"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Market America full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Excellent company , opportunities for growth. Good pay, excellent benefits. Great leadership from top down. Freedom / empowered to do my job!!

Cons

No cons, just keep doing what has made Market America great for the last 25 years.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company!

7. "Not The Place for Everyone"

I have been working at Market America full-time

Pros

Great Compensation Always work to be done Not likely to go away any time soon

Cons

Very stressful, especially near conventions New priority projects can come down the pipe really quickly Can end up working long hours

8. "Opportunity for Advancement"

I have been working at Market America full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Market America provided me with the opportunity and experience I needed to advance my career on multiple occasions. After starting as a temp, the company recognized my hard work and dedication and I have received several promotions since. If you put in the work, the opportunity to grow will follow. There is the opportunity to collaborate with multiple departments on projects and teamwork is valued among all departments....

Cons

The size and scope of the company mean things are face paced and ever changing. Thus, employees must be able to learn quickly and be a self starter (which may not be for everyone).

"Opportunities for advancement = favortism"

I worked at Market America full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

- Food trucks - Only a few nice coworkers to work with. They're down to earth awesome and make the job not as hard. Some of these coworkers are trapped since they're older and only have a skillset that isn't really desirable elsewhere.

Cons

- I find it unfair and biased that the anonymous employee who posted the comment with a title "Opportunity for Advancement" says that he/she got promoted many times after only working more than just 1 year. Favoritism at it's finest. I sure would love to know why they got promoted so many times when many of us others have been here for years and don't get the opportunity. Even with all the knowledge favoritism beats experience...

Advice to Management

Your fake reviews are trash. How about putting the effort to making the company great like the 5 star reviews you claim?

"Get in, Get experience, Get Out."

I worked at Market America full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The pros were some good co-workers to be around with. My advice is to just get in and get some experience and then get out. Don't stay.

Cons

Just about everything. Like I said, its a good job to get your foot in the door and get experience on your resume and then LEAVE. You can never grow or get promoted in your position. It's laughable to think you are able to in this environment. As a bonus, you learn how they try to make a terrible work environment livable. You won't see a single pro review talking about their department. You don't see a review that...

Advice to Management

None because they don't care lol.

Found 240 reviews