Market Force Information Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Karl Maier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you are looking for a company the will let you work from home, you will find that Market Force will let you do that (in 6 reviews)

• Great people, with senior leadership actively encouraging innovation (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I was barely making above minimum wage and had no supervisory responsibilities and yet they heaped undue stress on us (in 4 reviews)

• The only reason it took me as long as it did to find a new job was because I barely ever had time to look since I was (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great place for hourly associates, not management"

Former Employee - Director in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Director in Norcross, GA

I worked at Market Force Information (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place with flexiable hours for hourly associates.

Cons

Management not taken care of.

"SCAM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

It Would be Good Idea, but Epic Fail!

Cons

Waist of time. They sent out instructions to spy on Walmart, with a Fake Check $1,866.00

"Its SCAM!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santee, CA

Pros

This is NOT a pro, this is just to add to the cons. What "Michael Gonzales" told me that he needed help as an assistant to do his "personal task". I found him through Craigslist. I came here to check out the company. It involved to cash a 3k check into our account and send it to Binan, Africa. Which is known for smuggling.

Cons

I am not sure how he used this company but he managed to attempt to scam me. I looked up the details and it is a huge sign of no when they ask for your age. Jobs are not to ask for your age. I have a envelop he sent of the check, so many flags went off, the return address is a State University in Nor-Cal. A business man using a schools address? Cmon ridiculous. And the barcode was copied and pasted onto the envelope, it's blurry and had an obvious two tone of white. The check itself seems "legit" but it's not, there's addresses that can't be pronounced and cannot be found in the world. Overall what I read about scammers is they use you to get out of there debt. They seem professional but once you tell them you don't have a bank account, they don't talk you anymore. Watch out for false companies. They come to you as wolfs in sheeps clothing. Be wise about sending your address, bank account and social. It's very scary. Please watch out.

Advice to Management

Get better verification to the employees, badge numbers and/or Identification.

"Easy money"

Current Employee - Secret Shopper in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Secret Shopper in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Market Force Information part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to understand guidelines, They make it very clear what will make the shops invalid and warn not to do it. Reminders before you submit paperwork to verify all info is correct. They pay decent fees when they call me to do a shop especially if i travel to the town south of me which isnt far. Its good pocket money especially if you choose the harder ones like pretending to buy a laptop or open a new mobile account. Higher fees on those. Made nearly 200 bucks last month.

Cons

The shops i choose online dont have very high fees but i get reimbursed for my purchases as well so its no big deal. Sometimes reimbursement for food is so minimal that i have to buy the cheapest items or else it comes out of pocket. One place i go to has a $12 reimbursement but i never spend less than $15 even though i get the smallest items.

Advice to Management

If the fees were a little higher then i would do all the shops in my area :) Also, the reimbursements should reflect the rising cost of food. Having to order the cheapest items on a menu, that I dont like, to keep within the limit isnt something i like doing especially if im eating at a place i dont normally go. I dont like to pay out of pocket for food i dont normally buy

"An Unfortunate Company"

I have been working at Market Force Information full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The clients, the work, and co-workers.

Cons

Technology is out of date (most reporting is done by hand, manually adding up numbers), boss is barely ever out of their office and doesn't know how to do much of the work, expectations are unrealistic and there is no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Sit with your employees and learn what goes on with the day to day. Set more realistic timelines, invest money in better technology.

"Not great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Pros

Location, interesting business and once a month lunch

Cons

too many to list, but probably the lack of vision

Advice to Management

Get new CFO

"OK place to work, the people are awesome"

Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY

Pros

The people of this company are great! They make coming to work fun, it feels like working with friends

Cons

ELT of the company are tough, the company was restructured a couple of years ago and the current ELT has one goal. The benefits are weak, no 401K match.

"Work From Home"

Pros

If you are looking for a company the will let you work from home, you will find that Market Force will let you do that.

Cons

Because you work from home you tend to work more hours.

9. "Account Manager"

Pros

A great team of people.

Cons

Some years with no merit increase.

"Secret Shopper"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shallotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shallotte, NC

I have been working at Market Force Information (More than 3 years)

Pros

Help improve customer service. Meet a lot of new people. Travel a lot. Good money. Excellent company to work for,

Cons

If one does not do their job properly it is obvious that they won't get paid for that specific job.

Advice to Management

I really have not any advice to the management. They are always there if you need them and they are very courteous to all of us shoppers.