Market Force Information Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Karl Maier

Pros
  • If you are looking for a company the will let you work from home, you will find that Market Force will let you do that (in 6 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, I suppose, not counting the departmental requirements (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay and the lac of shops in my immediate area (in 5 reviews)

• The only reason it took me as long as it did to find a new job was because I barely ever had time to look since I was (in 2 reviews)

1. "Easy money"

Current Employee - Secret Shopper in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Secret Shopper in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Market Force Information part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to understand guidelines, They make it very clear what will make the shops invalid and warn not to do it. Reminders before you submit paperwork to verify all info is correct. They pay decent fees when they call me to do a shop especially if i travel to the town south of me which isnt far. Its good pocket money especially if you choose the harder ones like pretending to buy a laptop or open a new mobile account. Higher fees on those. Made nearly 200 bucks last month.

Cons

The shops i choose online dont have very high fees but i get reimbursed for my purchases as well so its no big deal. Sometimes reimbursement for food is so minimal that i have to buy the cheapest items or else it comes out of pocket. One place i go to has a $12 reimbursement but i never spend less than $15 even though i get the smallest items.

Advice to Management

If the fees were a little higher then i would do all the shops in my area :) Also, the reimbursements should reflect the rising cost of food. Having to order the cheapest items on a menu, that I dont like, to keep within the limit isnt something i like doing especially if im eating at a place i dont normally go. I dont like to pay out of pocket for food i dont normally buy

"An Unfortunate Company"

I have been working at Market Force Information full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The clients, the work, and co-workers.

Cons

Technology is out of date (most reporting is done by hand, manually adding up numbers), boss is barely ever out of their office and doesn't know how to do much of the work, expectations are unrealistic and there is no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Sit with your employees and learn what goes on with the day to day. Set more realistic timelines, invest money in better technology.

3. "Not great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Pros

Location, interesting business and once a month lunch

Cons

too many to list, but probably the lack of vision

Advice to Management

Get new CFO

5. "OK place to work, the people are awesome"

Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY

Pros

The people of this company are great! They make coming to work fun, it feels like working with friends

Cons

ELT of the company are tough, the company was restructured a couple of years ago and the current ELT has one goal. The benefits are weak, no 401K match.

6. "Work From Home"

Pros

If you are looking for a company the will let you work from home, you will find that Market Force will let you do that.

Cons

Because you work from home you tend to work more hours.

7. "Account Manager"

Pros

A great team of people.

Cons

Some years with no merit increase.

"Secret Shopper"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shallotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shallotte, NC

I have been working at Market Force Information (More than 3 years)

Pros

Help improve customer service. Meet a lot of new people. Travel a lot. Good money. Excellent company to work for,

Cons

If one does not do their job properly it is obvious that they won't get paid for that specific job.

Advice to Management

I really have not any advice to the management. They are always there if you need them and they are very courteous to all of us shoppers.

9. "Pretty Cool Company"

I worked at Market Force Information full-time

Pros

Benefits, great supervisors, and fair

Cons

Sometimes show favoritism towards employees, but overall fair.

"shopper, over 100 shops"

Current Employee - Shopper, Over 100 Shops
    Current Employee - Shopper, Over 100 Shops

Pros

I schedule my shops around my travels and vacations semi retired, live in Illinois will check shops if going to Chicago or out of state. Plenty of local shops, near several large towns.I check early in morning because pay will change upward the longer a shop has been sitting.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning at this time

Advice to Management

Wish there was away to add information on a shop other than the questions they ask.

"Work at MarketForce and feel your soul die."

Former Employee - Auditor
    Former Employee - Auditor

I worked at Market Force Information full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, I suppose, not counting the departmental requirements. Not many other positive things to say about them. Avoid this company.

Cons

If Ray Walsh becomes your company's CEO, update your resume immediately and get the heck out as soon as possible, because he is a hatchet man and you will certainly lose your job. They will spout a bunch of garbage regarding "new company culture," where management has almost a cult-like devotion to it, but none of it filters down into your own toxic work environment. Management is some of the worst in the business (extremely passive-aggressive and spiteful; promoting people who are literally the only ones stupid enough to apply for management positions, despite their startling lack of qualifications) and the pay is pathetic (and your "raise" amounts are laughably offensive; they alone prove how little management values you). The schedule you concoct for yourself means you probably have one day of a week and forget about every having a holiday off again. Your dedication to your job is entirely discarded, just like you are, despite having the best stats in your department. No one, NO ONE, cares about you.

Advice to Management

Everything you do? Do the opposite. Especially stop promoting unqualified pathetic yes-men.