Market Force Information Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 6, 2017

1.0
Karl Maier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you are looking for a company the will let you work from home, you will find that Market Force will let you do that (in 6 reviews)

• Great people, with senior leadership actively encouraging innovation (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay (less than minimum wage in most cases) (in 5 reviews)

• Between the gas you spend to get to a place (and if it's closed, they give you 3 dollars) Pay is only 1x per month, UNhelpful Admin Customer Service (in 3 reviews)

1. "Never Had A Chance"

Pros

I have no good review.

Cons

I was sent a check to deposit into my bank account in order to do a survey for Walmart. My back has closed my account for the deposit of a fraudulent check and no one has replied to concern.

Advice to Management

Stop scamming people.

2. "VERY low pay for secret shoppers, admin is NOT helpful, like you're on your own if there's a problem"

Former Contractor - Secret Shopper
    Former Contractor - Secret Shopper

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I could work own hours

Cons

VERY LowPay In Arizona it is UNDER minimum wage. Between the gas you spend to get to a place (and if it's closed, they give you 3 dollars) Pay is only 1x per month, UNhelpful Admin Customer Service. If you have an issue, they take WAY too long to answer a call and generally don't give their name so you can trace and try to go higher. Mgmt will not call you back when their is an issue.

Advice to Management

Be there for your shoppers. Pay twice as much as you do now.

3. "UNFAIR TO SUB CONTRACTOR"

Current Contractor - Subcontractor in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Subcontractor in New York, NY

I have been working at Market Force Information as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing good to say at this point

Cons

They give you very specific instruction on how to do a job. You follow thoughs . Then they decide not to pay you for the work.UNFAIR SCAM

Advice to Management

Get what you want then do not pay Shame ON YOu for using people like this

"SCAM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

It Would be Good Idea, but Epic Fail!

Cons

Waist of time. They sent out instructions to spy on Walmart, with a Fake Check $1,866.00

5. "Only $3.00"

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor

Pros

I do not l ow of any cons.

Cons

They were only paying $3.00 for a shop review and because the report had an error I didn't even get the $3.00! Almost like slave labor!

Advice to Management

If you want perfection, pay for it.

6. "The pay is not worth the time. Its It's less than minimum wage!"

Current Contractor - Secret Shopper in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Secret Shopper in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Market Force Information as a contractor

Pros

Job offers very flexible scheduling.

Cons

Reimbursement is often too low to cover required purchase; for example, the Five Guys Restaurant shop. Also, the fees are horribly low. By the time you schedule the shop, drive to it, complete all the requirements, them enter all the information online, your pay is much lower that minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Pay better!

7. "Do not waste your time"

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor

Pros

Work at your own pace

Cons

Horrible customer service team. When you need assistance, don't expect to hear back for at least 3 days. If you have an immediate issue with a shop, don't expect to get any information from them until after you've submitted it incorrectly. I am a seasoned mystery shopper and just recently started my contract with Market Force. I was assigned my first shop, and performed it incorrectly. I understood the issue, adjusted accordingly, and my second shop went flawlessly. They accepted AND verified that shop. I tried to sign onto Market Force shopper login the next day to find out that they had dropped me all together. After my FIRST shop was incorrect. This is completely unprofessional, and I will let my friends and associates who are also secret shoppers to steer clear of a company with such a horrible customer care team, and drops shoppers for messing up their FIRST SHOP.

Advice to Management

If you're going to drop shoppers after incorrectly performing their FIRST shop, good luck keeping anybody on. I performed an identical shop FLAWLESSLY that you accepted and verified after my first shop was invalid. I understood the issue, and fixed it. As seen in the second shop. But still.. You dropped me. I would suggest that you reconsider dropping a shopper based on their FIRST mistake.

"Not great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Pros

Location, interesting business and once a month lunch

Cons

too many to list, but probably the lack of vision

Advice to Management

Get new CFO

9. "A company the tells other companies about customer experience should evaluate their OWN customer experince"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

you think your working on your own schedule

Cons

they do not and will not train you
    you spend money on purchases with out knowing if you will get the money back
    rude employees who belittle you over the phone
    lazy staff doesn't respond to anything you do or say
    they are desperate for workers

Advice to Management

if you want to be in business helping other companies have quality customer service you should train your employees to give adequate customer service. you should also not beg for workers and get mad if someone goes out of their way to please you and then belittle them for doing so.

10. "Call you at 6 AM"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Market Force Information as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

not in the mood right now

Cons

I signed up for an assignment last night that they couldn't find anyone to do. I went and did movie theatre checks at 9:50pm and 10:20pm. I ended up getting home from the job after 11:30pm. At 6:00am this morning I received a call that woke me up and told me to enter the information right now. I told her that it was 6AM and isn't it ILLEGAL to call this early? She said, "You are an independent contractor, this isn't a typical call center, we can call you whenever we feel like it!" She was rude and I told her that I'm going to try to go back to sleep and do it when I wake up. She then said, I AM WARNING YOU THAT YOU BETTER DO IT NOW! I said, "you better not be giving me an attitude, I'm going to sleep," and I hung up. This woman then called me right back 2 times in a row!!! I am now wide awake and so is my toddler!! I AM PISSED!!!

Advice to Management

DO NOT CALL MY PHONE AT 6:00AM EVER AGAIN!!! (Can you say LAWSUIT?!)