Market Force Information Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 20, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Karl Maier

Pros
  • If you are looking for a company the will let you work from home, you will find that Market Force will let you do that (in 6 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, I suppose, not counting the departmental requirements (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay and the lac of shops in my immediate area (in 5 reviews)

• The only reason it took me as long as it did to find a new job was because I barely ever had time to look since I was (in 2 reviews)

1. "Not great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Pros

Location, interesting business and once a month lunch

Cons

too many to list, but probably the lack of vision

Advice to Management

Get new CFO

2. "Worst MS Company Ever"

Former Freelancer - Shopper in New York, NY
    Former Freelancer - Shopper in New York, NY

I worked at Market Force Information (Less than a year)

Pros

I actually don't see any Pros

Cons

DO NOT CONTRACT with this company.. I support what the other reviewer has just said here, The company will not validate your shops for a number of excuses so they don't pay you, their website does not work properly at times, not letting you upload any receipts or print the required documents, CPI, etc, then, they claim that "unfortunately your shop could not be validated" due to the lack of receipts or overlapped time. Worst experience ever

Advice to Management

Check your BBB ratings going down

"Do Not Contract with this Company"

Current Employee - Mystery Shopper in Aberdeen, SD
    Current Employee - Mystery Shopper in Aberdeen, SD

Pros

There were no pros to working with this company.

Cons

This company does not allow shoppers to make corrections to their surveys once the shop has been submitted. DO NOT contract with this company - they will say that you uploaded incorrect photos and throw out your shop without giving you a chance to make corrections.

Advice to Management

If you think a survey has been submitted incorrectly, simply contact the shopper and ask them to make corrections rather than invalidating the shop. I was looking forward to a lasting relationship with this company, but I will not work with a company that invalidates shops without giving shoppers a chance to correct errors.

"Disappointing and Discouraging"

Current Employee - Administrator in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Administrator in Provo, UT

Pros

Set your own time
    Reimbursed for food

Cons

Usually not paid extra for shops
    Terrible customer service for shoppers
    They do not trust/ believe in their own shoppers

Advice to Management

Treat your shoppers well and believe in their original shop details. Worst customer service I have worked with.

"Not Recommended"

Former Contractor - Shopper in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Contractor - Shopper in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I really can't think of any. They are fairly ungrateful with the work that is done for them.

Cons

I worked for them as something extra to do in my free time. I tried to do a good job, but learned that when you don't have something good to say or actually call out a company (i.e. MCDonalds or Five Guys) about issues, issues about the review are called out and the company calls you to tell you that something wrong was done with the evaluation.

Advice to Management

Realize that the people that do the work for you are trying their best, and if they criticize a company in an evaluation,, they are only trying to help with the review.

"Mystery Shopper"

Former Contractor - Shopper in Tampa, FL
    Former Contractor - Shopper in Tampa, FL

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cannot think of any right now.

Cons

After doing more than 100 shops for them over the years, I was removed as a shopper with no explanation. I asked why my shops were cancelled and why I was being removed. I was told the information was proprietary and they could not tell me.

Advice to Management

You need to let people know why they are removed.

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Richmond, VA
    Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Richmond, VA

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy to get hired, and start working

Cons

The problem with market force is that they do not value its secret shoppers. They gave you 20+ pages of instructions for each mystery shop. Weeks after completing a shop I got an email asking me to verify my timing in my report. I was unable to do this (because it was weeks ago). I was then told I would not be paid or reimbursed for my shop, even though I had carefully read and followed the 20+ pages of instructions (nowhere mentioning keeping your notes after completing a shop). After, threating to file a report for non payment with the BBB, I was banned from market force.

Advice to Management

Value you secret shoppers more. Do not treat them as indispensable objects.

"Market Force www.marketforce.com does not pay Certified Field Associate for theatre/Cinema much money"

Current Employee - Certified Field Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Field Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Market Force Information part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have flexibility. Some jobs are on Weekend Friday, Sat, Sunday. You can download the material from your account on Certified Field Associates section. They allow you to accept the jobs, download the info, and select at random. Most jobs are within 100 mile radius.

Cons

When I work a job I factor in my GAS, TIME, and how long it will take to do the project. After I get a ball park figure I subtrack how much they will pay me. Well a associate who worked there told me that they paid $12.00 an hour. So I joined up and spent time filling out contract. I got hired pretty fast. but then I got the contract work orders and found out that they pay $12.00 for the first hour and $3.00 for the additional hours. I would have to get 22 people to talk to me about a film or project. You know how difficult that can be.

It's total waste of time unless you're on welfare and take the bus it's not worth it. If you're on SSI or Some type of welfare job and don't need any money really. Go for it. But I can't pay $15.00 in gas and drive across town work for $21 I saw that they claimed it would take me 4 hours each day. So getting over there and back is wear and tear on my car. Plus I just spent $2500 on getting my car fixed and updated. I was very disappointed plus I will not ever take that person's opinion who told me/referred me.

You can't even watch a FREE movie. I do not recommend this. They need to pay more money. They can do that job themselves. I quit.

Advice to Management

Certified Field Associates need to be able to email you and call you to ask questions. Also you know why people don't want to work and put up standees because you don't pay any money to do the work. $12.00 per unit is FAIR but $12.00 first hour and $3.00 each additional to do all that hard work is just INSANE. Plus some of the jobs only pay $7.50 for one unit and you have a bunch of stuff to do. I think we've turned into a 3 rd world country. I just need a part time GIG to work while I get through college. I thought this was the BEST but this one cost me money.

"refused to pay me for a assignment that I completed took all day , sent registered mail no reimbursement nothing a scam"

Former Contractor - Mystery Shopper, Mystery Theater Attendee in Worcester, MA
    Former Contractor - Mystery Shopper, Mystery Theater Attendee in Worcester, MA

I worked at Market Force Information as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

there are none , unless you like being called 10 times and then not getting paid to do an assignment!

Cons

They bombard you with pages of instructions that should be fairly easy( they make it more difficult than it should be) , and then when you make a small mistake they refuse to pay you!! Should be illegal , but because they give you independent contractor they get away with it...

Advice to Management

What Management?? the supervisors that I spoke to were rude and not helpful at all . would not recommend to anyone !

"FIred for telling the truth"

Current Contractor - Shopper in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Contractor - Shopper in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Market Force Information as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting doing some of the "secret shopper" assignements.

Cons

Sometimes the time and distance are not worth the reimbursements.
    If something goes wrong and you tell the truth, they will not pay you. They almost force you to misrepresent your shopping assignment in order to get paid.

Advice to Management

I have tried to contact MarketForce via emails explaining the issue of not reimbursing me for a mistake made by the shop I was evaluating, but instead of having a conversation, they delisted me as a shopper.