Market Leader Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Smith

Pros
  • Nice people, free drinks, fun committee (in 3 reviews)

• Good benefits and the HR team really cared about every employee (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is clueless and continuously lies about the earning potential and stability of the company (in 5 reviews)

• Defined works hours on sales floor (in 4 reviews)

1. "5 star management, Incredible Company"

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inspirational and goal oriented leaders. Incredible compensation package, a company culture that creates an environment where employees enjoy being at work, and outstanding products/services the lead to success in our customers. Love it here!

Cons

I can't think of any downsides other than as in any sales role Inside Sales is never an "easy" job and to be successful in this position persistence and a strong desire to succeed is a must.

Advice to Management

Kudos to management you guys are awesome

2. "The Real Truth"

Current Employee - Account Executive (Inside Sales) in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make allot of money, be recognized for your hard work, but still be challenged on a daily basis. Also, you are around so many talented individuals I find that it helps me to grow my skillset by adding new ideas and processes.

Cons

If you decide to do sales you have to deal with being told "NO."

3. "Great company with a lot of opportunity"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, fun culture. Stimulating challenges. Empowerment to solve customer problems. Fast pace. I race into work every day. Every one should feel this lucky.

Cons

Broad product suite. Partnered with the largest real estate franchises in the country. Moving very quickly with a unique go to market strategy vs Zillow, Trulia & Realtor.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Drive accountability and focus on big projects that will move the needle and drive the top line.

5. "Great Employer"

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Market Leader is a great company to work for. They have a small company feel, with lots of team activities and inter-departmental support. The executive team is very involved with all levels of the business, but each employee has autonomy in what they are working on and contribute

Cons

Like many mid-sized companies, it is a fast-paced business, so employees need to be prepared for a constantly evolving work environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great Company With Incredibly Talented People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I prefer small to mid-size companies because I like to work with all aspects of the business and get to know folks in all departments. Working with Market Leader over the last 7 years has allowed me to get to know a lot of folks (some very well, as people seem to enjoy working here and stay, and even come back after taking some time away). More than any other company I have worked for, this company seems to care for its employees, scheduling many events throughout the year. I have really enjoyed getting to know the people and appreciate the level of professionalism and talent that Market Leader seems to attract.

Being in the technology sector, the people only create half of the story for me. I also get opportunities to work with all kinds of great technologies & products to solve interesting problems. I have definitely grown my skill-set considerably while at Market Leader and appreciate the opportunities that have been available to me.

Cons

As a smaller company, there has been lots of opportunity for taking ownership over systems and issues - at times this can make it more difficult to balance work and life, if not managed appropriately.

Advice to Management

At times the management to can be slow in making decisions, but ultimately is moving the company (and the industry) in the right direction.

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Market Leader full-time

Pros

Growing company with solid technology/products. Open/collaborative environment. Competitive pay/benefits/pto ect. Incredible amount of opportunity for growth!

Cons

There aren't really any cons of working at Market Leader. Like any technology/software company change is a constant and for some people that's not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"GREAT Company!"

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team has been incredible since day one. This company is all about their employees and it's a wonderful place to work! If you're looking for a relaxed culture, open communication environment and a place where they want to hear from their employees- I highly recommend coming to work for Market Leader!

Cons

NOTHING!

Everyone is extremely nice and willing to help with any questions regardless of rank. It’s been great meeting different employees in all departments. This company is generous and values their employees and I have nothing negative to say about my experience here.

"Strong company that has weathered the good and bad real estate markets."

I have been working at Market Leader full-time

Pros

Great pay, benefits, environment, flexibility, teamwork, training, and location when moved to Bellevue

Cons

People are expected to have a great work ethic. If not, you won't like it.

"Great place to work and develope professionally!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The compensation is attractive followed by beyond fair benefits and perks. The management seems to have the actual talent and desire to aid the sales team along with other departments in yielding greater results. The environment and culture is fun yet focused and team oriented yet individually challenging. The companies rate of growth, superior products, and laid back dress code is a plus as well. The second half of the training was suprisingly beneficial. The sales trainer sam was fantastic and I learned a shocking amount about sales in one week.

Cons

The parking situation is less then ideal. I will be paying a $50 to park off-site and take a shuttle to the office. Other then the dissapointing parking arrangments there isn't much to complain about!

"Serious Opportunities for Growth!"

Current Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our business is growing, our technology is improving, and the opportunities for growth and career advancement are excellent. In the year I've been with Market Leader, a full 30% of our existing workforce have been promoted either within their roles or advanced into new roles (including me!). I've never seen anything like it. Part of the reason for the opportunities is due to our business trajectory. The other part is our merger with Trulia. We now have the opportunity to make a greater impact as individuals, and as a team, working collaboratively with Trulia.

I work with smart people who care about the work and are respectful of others.

Market Leader takes very good care of us. We have lots of meaningful perks and the benefits are stellar (80% match on 401(k) + 100% employer-paid benefits for employees.) Our new office is gorgeous, too.

Cons

We recently moved to downtown Bellevue which is a farther commute for me personally. That said, everyone (who wants one) receives a free ORCA Card; so in the long run I'm saving by not driving.