Market Leader Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Scott Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There's nice perks like free parking, snacks, happy hours, etc (in 4 reviews)

• Nice people, free drinks, fun committee (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is clueless and continuously lies about the earning potential and stability of the company (in 5 reviews)

• Defined works hours on sales floor (in 4 reviews)

1. "Market Leader-be careful it's a scam. 30% of phone calls end up in Hang Ups. ML has a better reputation."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Market Leader full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks and free parking downtown Bellevue.

Cons

ML calls Realtors on their CELL phones to sell better placement (SEO) on Google and other search engines for Realtors to find clients, problem is they're calling the same people over and over again for last 3 years to people who
    Have said no. Also Zillow & Trnulia own the market and top Google placements.

Advice to Management

Stop calling people on their cell phone that have told you over and over again No. Realtors actually hate ML and their phone calls. Fine a better way to contact your clients. There are no testimonials that ML methods work.

Jul 13, 2017 – Sr. Director of Sales

We have been around for almost 2 decades…our product is great and we have lots of happy customers! Here’s a great video we just made with a customer who has been with us for 7 years... More

2. "Great place to work, the pros outweigh the cons"

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Market Leader has given me a lot of opportunities during my time here, and as a company, they really foster employee growth and development. Management is approachable and grounded, and the culture is fun and inclusive. They do fun events and make this a fun place to work, while rewarding productivity and employee success. At the risk of sounding cheesy, I honestly look forward to coming to work here - the people, teamwork, and overall vibe are awesome.

Cons

Product is awesome and gets better each month, but still has a little ways to go before it's stellar. Benefits are just OK, but the pros truly make this much less of a con.

Advice to Management

Really get to know our customer and their needs, and don't assume what features or tools they want. Continue to update the product accordingly, and we will be unstoppable.

3. "Good company"

Current Employee - Marketing in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After several acquisitions, I feel like the company has stabilized over the past year and found it's culture. There's nice perks like free parking, snacks, happy hours, etc.
     The office environment is open and modern with beautiful views of Mt. Rainier, Lake Washington and the Cascades. There's a good work/life balance supported by management including a flexible schedule (although this of course depends on your team and your role's responsibilities). I feel upper management has an open door policy and I wouldn't hesitate to chat with any of them - no matter their org - if needed. Over the years, I have had numerous managers invest their time into me and growing my skill set, which has been of great value.

Cons

The health benefits are okay. Compared to other tech companies, we don't have the "wow" perks.
    Now that the company has come out strong after several years of acquisitions, it doesn't feel like there's a big , cool new project on the horizon. I think it may be more that after years of having huge, fast-paced change, it feels slower. This might be a pro for some people, and con for others.

Advice to Management

It feels like we constantly hear the wonderful, amazing, positive things happening in the company. I'd love to see some more transparency around areas of improvement.

"Account Executive current employee"

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first month has been a pleasure. Every staff member is extremely helpful and will listen everything you ask of them. I was able close multiple deals in my first two weeks on the phone. I interviewed with Joyce and Dave and everything they promised was delivered.

Cons

They make you work an entire month before they pay you. If you can bare this then this the place for you

Advice to Management

change the 30 day no pay policy

Jun 1, 2017 – Sr. Director of Sales

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! One of the best things about our business is that you can bring your skills with you and put them immediately into action and close deals.
    Regarding our... More

"Not perfect, but an all-around great company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great office space/location; friendly, supportive, and (for the most part) hard-working coworkers; great work/life balance; sense we're all a part of a team working towards the same goals; fun company events; free snacks and drinks; fairly good health benefits.

I've worked at several excellent companies in the real estate technology space, and this iteration of Market Leader is by far the best of them.

Cons

Despite the product having been greatly improved in the last year, there's still a lot of work to do. There is also high turnover on the sales team (note all of the recent negative reviews come from people on the sales team); can't say why this is, but their opinions don't reflect life at the company as a whole.

6. "Super impressed"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ML constantly strives to improve the value of their products/services to agents. They have a clearly laid out comp plan (I'm in sales) and have excellent spiffs including time off, cash and great prizes. They provide relevant content for AE's as well as best practices to sales teams to ensure sales accurately represents how ML works and how to use the tools/training to best assist agents and catapult them to success. Excellent benefits!

Cons

Base salary is extremely low as they seem to struggle to retain good talent. Commission is uncapped but the day to day requires handling service issues which takes some time away from selling. That said, it is a pro in that the want to provide the best service to their agents.

Advice to Management

Consider more flexible hours to help employees (especially parents). Offer a base salary based on years of experience or impact to the business in general. Older people who want to buy homes/cars need higher base even though commission is uncapped.

May 17, 2017 – Sr. Director of Sales

Thank you for the great review and helpful advice. We do offer a promotion opportunity to a Sr. Account Executive which includes a 20% raise in base. In order to qualify for the promotion, you must... More

7. "Market Leader is a great company!"

I worked at Market Leader full-time

Pros

Very great place to work!

Cons

They try to force you to come in on Saturdays

May 1, 2017 – Sr. Director of Sales

Thank you for the 5 review! Clarification - Our schedule/business hours are M-F 7am-4pm. Saturdays are by approval only. We have opened the office for sales employees just 3 times this year to date... More

8. "Great place to work as long as you are open to learning and using a consultative sales approach"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I see people on here complaining because they think Market Leader is the reason they didn't see success here, when in fact the reason they didn't see success was them and their inability to learn and use a consultative sales approach. Some people love to blame others when they fail.

If someone has a desire to learn and follow a consultative approach Market Leader is a great place to work.

People looking to be order takers will not do well.

This is my second time working here and I am extremely happy and proud to say I work at Market Leader.

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

"Avoid working here at all costs--unless you REALLY cannot find a job elsewhere."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Market Leader full-time

Pros

Sometimes they buy everyone pizza lunch

Cons

This company is a quickly sinking ship with incredibly horrible management and a product that is archaic. Management is arrogant, yet ironically overbearing and ineffectual. Very egomaniacal managers, yet all completely useless. Mostly male sales teams. Women are not welcomed into "the boys club." Harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. Zillow acquired Market Leader and kept the "talent" and fired the rest; then sold the company. Market Leader's sales force is now a mixed of Zillow's discards and hack sales people. Avoid this place, unless you're desperate.

Advice to Management

Management and this company is past the point where advice would be beneficial.

"Beware of fake reviews! This company is a scam!"

I have been working at Market Leader full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have a job that pays you more than minimum wage, but barely.

Cons

Upper management is clueless and continuously lies about the earning potential and stability of the company. BEWARE OF FAKE positive REVIEWS HERE! I've worked in many sales roles and ive never met more sleazy management, they constantly encourage you to lie to the clients and sell by any means necessary.

CEO needs a wake up call. Company is in shambles.

Jan 23, 2017 – Sr. Director of Sales

I am sorry to hear that you feel so unhappy at Market Leader. I personally would like you to know that as the leader of this sales organization, I do not condone, encourage or find acceptable any... More