Market Resource Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Market Resource Partners CEO & Managing Partner Kevin Cunningham
Kevin Cunningham

Pros
  • and an awesome uncapped bonus structure, then this is the job for you (in 8 reviews)

• It's a fast paced environment and hard working people are recognized; given opportunities to grow (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The only other issue is that the company is doing well but has not amended its base pay or bonus structure in at least 3 years (in 8 reviews)

• High turnover rates for Account Executives, creating a need to constantly train new employees (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Former Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at Market Resource Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I spent five years with the best of people. I had a few years sales experience when I started, but nothing related to technology. My experience with this company was invaluable, the insight I gleaned about the enterprise technology industry made the next career opportunity possible.

99% of promotions went to internal candidates, they give you realistic opportunities to develop yourself.

The entry level role mainly involves cold calling IT directors. It can be frustrating at times, but if you have a personality, you can develop meaningful business connections with IT professionals and learn a great deal about the technology industry.

The earning potential (if you don't mind putting a lot of work in) is huge. They really know how to reward hard work.

I've seen friends move from the entry level role to sales management, client services and junior director roles not just in Belfast and Newry; but also in Sydney and Philadelphia (the travel opportunities don't come up everyday but they are very real).

Again, the people on the whole were just fantastic and I got a foothold into the exciting and dynamic technology sales sector. Definitely worth a look if you're not afraid to pick up the phone and have a yarn with strangers.

Cons

They have gone through a rapid period of expansion. It lost some of the "small business feel" that was present at the start. The hours aren't for everyone, but overall I have very few complaints - it was a tremendous experience.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing for the city of Belfast - long may it continue

2. "A great introduction to the world of Business"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Phila, PA

I worked at Market Resource Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced Business environment, opportunity to grow, high visibility clients, talented Middle Management Team, hands on Executives, performance based compensation, and great relationships developed to make next move in career path.

Cons

Varied levels of commitment from peers in entry level positions, high turnover, high stress, highly competitive, and ego driven. This is a sales environment and not for the faint at heart. Come with your "A" game and life will be amazing. If you are just looking for a job move on to the next one.

Advice to Management

Remember that positive reinforcement goes a long way.

3. "First Sales Job"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Market Resource Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would like to start out by saying I read some of these reviews and was a touch skeptical when I took the position. However, I started a month ago and I absolutely love it. I decided I wanted to pursue a career in sales and, so far, this has been the perfect entry level opportunity. You are able to prospect using a variety of resources while simultaneously learning a great deal about the tech industry. I'm on a SaaS campaign which I absolutely love. They teach you everything you need to do well in this position, and I feel as though some of the negative reviews are outdated or reflect the hard truth of sales--it's not for everyone! That being said, if you're driven by competition, daily incentives (prizes, ability to leave early, team-building, etc.) and an awesome uncapped bonus structure, then this is the job for you! Lunch is an hour, and the work day almost always ends at 5:30 pm for Account Executives. My days fly by and I'm really enjoying the position and company. Also, the base pay structure is changing and becoming more reasonable for the AE's, but honestly that shouldn't matter to anyone motivated to start in sales because the bread and butter is in the commission payouts.

Cons

So far there aren't any. I really enjoy the company culture (fast-paced, high energy) and the uncapped bonus structure.

Advice to Management

None so far. Yay MRP!

"Propaganda machine"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Market Resource Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is extremely good at making people complacent and then indoctrinating the new hires. CEO and President are like cult leaders who want to move the company to South America.. don't drink the kool aid!

Cons

You will be brainwashed by the company. Client services will throw you under the bus. HR will hang you out to dry and your manager will sit idly by. Meanwhile a former con man or convicted felon will be promoted over you.

Advice to Management

Suck it

6. "Great training for entry level sales, great opportunities but questionable company culture"

I worked at Market Resource Partners full-time

Pros

It is a big company; you can find some great people who are smart, funny and caring.

The training is really great if you are entry level and interested in starting a career in technology sales.

It's a fast paced environment and hard working people are recognized; given opportunities to grow.

There is a potential to be compensated very well if you learn to do the job and maintain a steady effort.

This is probably the easiest, least stressful 9-5 job you can have in an entry level role with the highest earning potential (top earners total about $60k/yr)

Cons

About half of the sales managers are poorly organized and lack the ability to make decisions about long long-term plans.

There's a heavy drinking culture and lack of professionalism among AEs. Many people don't seem to understand or care about producing quality work.

Advice to Management

Train team leads and brand managers to set a better example for AEs. Figure out how to keep a "casual" company culture with better boundaries.

**Focus more on sustainable, scalable processes. Instead of steady revenue growth every quarter, you could see exponential growth over the course of a fiscal year.**

7. "Account Executive at MRP"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

This company has a young environment and most everyone is super nice in the office. They are located on the 19th and 22nd floor so they have a nice view to look out the window. You have two 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch break. They hired a new VP and he is an excellent gentleman. He seems to have a great vision for the company built from years of experience working for many large corporations in multiple cities. You can make good money here if you are efficient with their CRM, organized, and comfortable speaking with executive level people on the phone. You need to be a people person to be successful here.

Cons

They no longer allow working from home now that they purchased the 19th floor. It can be a bit noisy in the office from time to time because of the open floor plan. Some of the employees can act immature as most of the are recent college graduates. The base salary for an AE is low and the bonus structure is a little difficult to reach depending on the campaign you are staffed on.

8. "Lead Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Market Resource Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Market Resource Partners is amazing opportunity for anyone looking to get into technology sales, Executive Sales, Pipeline Selling, or just sales experience in general. The three Partners of MRP are a dominant force that have helped hundreds if not thousands of people get their careers started. I would say they are with out a doubt the best start up to corporate status achievement in Philadelphia history. It is also a vey fun and exciting place to work and their own career path is endless as far as Opportunities . 5 stars all the way!

Cons

IIf you scared to pick a phone and make a call its the company or career for you!

Advice to Management

Keep Rocking in the new Year!

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Market Resource Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place sucks. Thats the pro.

Cons

This place sucks. That's it.

Advice to Management

Suck it.

"Cheap and shady"

I worked at Market Resource Partners full-time

Pros

Location. Some people are nice. Casual dress code.

Cons

Where do I begin? You will be overworked and underpaid. Upper management only cares about money, could care less about you as a person. People get fired without warning. AEs and client services get team building incentives, which is a plus, but the rest of the company is treated like garbage. Company culture sucks. AEs are the only people rewarded for their work, via incentives, and that's if you're lucky to get on a good campaign.

Advice to Management

Start caring more about your employees and their happiness rather than what deals they are closing for you. No one wants to work in a place where they are underappreciated.

"Stay Away."

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Located in Center City Philadelphia. No Drug Test.

Cons

You make 200 phone calls a day. The management is egotistical and narcissistic. Its pretty much school.. you have 2 breaks, lunch and are treated like a child.

They say you have a chance to make bonus but the managers control the "lists" and you'll never get a chance to succeed unless you brown nose. The benefits are horrible and the pay is below the national average. Your salary is 30,000 a year.. I walked out during my shift and I couldn't of made a better life decision!!

Absolutely 0 chance for advancement... I was embarrassed to even put this place on my resume. Anyone could do the job... I don't know why you need a college degree to be considered.

Does not give you any experience at all for whatever field you want to get into. STAY AWAY.

Advice to Management

None.