Market Strategies International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 20, 2019

3.1
Andrew Morrison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The people at Market Strategies are great people, some of the best I have ever worked with" (in 7 reviews)

• "There are a lot of awesome people who work here" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "As with many marketing research companies their employees tend to lack business acumen" (in 2 reviews)

• "They leave their interviewers in the hands of incompetent lower managers" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Place to work!!"

Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Market Strategies International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked here for over 3 years and I don't see myself ever leaving, or at least not in any foreseeable future. They value their employees, the work is challenging and the work/life balance is important.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Thank you for continuing to invest in me!

2. "Needs focus"

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly staff, and nice environment

Cons

Top heavy, not focused. HR lacking

3. "Salary Review"

I have been working at Market Strategies International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People, flexibility and unlimited personal/sick time

Cons

Salary, not much room for growth

4. "Survey Inteviewer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inside relaxed atmosphere safe environment

Cons

Must say exactly what they tell you, can not add to make conversation, cameras everywhere - kinda uncomfortable

5. "Market Strategies"

Former Employee - Research Interviewer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Research Interviewer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Market Strategies International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, supervisors are pretty laid back with the interviewers, closed on a lot of major holidays

Cons

There are only a few schedules for interviewers to choose from as a college student it was hard to find shifts that didn't interfere with class times, many of the surveys take 15+ minutes to complete and lots of people hang up halfway through, survey respondents are rude, a lot of people will mistake interviewers for customer service workers, supervisors have to push certain objectives onto interviewers, lots of turnover

6. "Okay"

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time

Pros

Decent salary, flexible work schedule

Cons

None. It was fine. No complaints.

7. "Research Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Market Strategies International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People who work there are nice.

Cons

Management makes odd decisions that don't seem to be very well informed and a bit knee jerk.

"Good place to work!"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Livonia, MI

Pros

I absolutely love my boss and I am grateful to work with intelligent teammates. Honestly, my boss has a lot to do with my job satisfaction. I feel that she really considers my career aspirations when assigning projects and she willingly gives me professional advice if I ever need it. This company has given me the opportunity to gain market research experience and get exposure to a lot of interesting methodologies that I haven't worked with before.

I appreciate that the culture is balanced between being fun and laid back while also being a professional and productive environment to work in. Getting to wear jeans to work every day makes my morning routine so much simpler!

Working with a designated industry group helps make it feel like a tight-knit team even though there are hundreds of employees at this company. I've enjoyed getting to know my colleagues and their working styles during my time here so far. It's nice having less of the red tape that you might find in a bigger corporate research firm.

Cons

As with any client-facing business, there can be high expectations to meet in a short time frame. Especially during Q4, there are tight deadlines and many projects to manage, which can make it difficult to take time off at the end of the year.

The conflict I see with being a mid-sized firm is that we compete with everyone from boutique research companies to Goliath corporate firms - but where do we take ownership? I'll stay tuned to find out.

I have reasons for getting excited about my work but I don't feel connected to the corporate values. Much of the communication from our leadership team is about revenue. While revenue is important for all companies, incorporating some collective meaning for our work that transcends dollars would make this an even more rewarding experience. I think we're headed in a positive direction.

Advice to Management

It would go a long way if the PTO hours would roll over (at least through January) to help ease the stress at the end of the year and around the holidays. Would the company ever consider adjusting the fiscal year from January-December to perhaps October-September?

Other than that, I am satisfied :)

9. "New leadership is strong"

Pros

There are a lot of awesome people who work here. There is a new president and she is great. On the whole, everyone works hard and works well together. Great teamwork.

Cons

The bottom performers need to go. They get in the way of being successful. There are some weak managers who don't fit the current management style. Teach them or move them along to other things.

Advice to Management

Get rid of those employees who aren't performing, they detract from your good employees.

10. "Low advancement"

Current Employee - Analyst in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Market Strategies International (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, nice downtown location

Cons

Very little employee development, weak company strategy

Advice to Management

Lack of opportunity creates lots of churn