Market Strategies International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 6, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andrew Morrison

Pros
  • Flexible, good people, work from home options and really understanding with schedule (in 4 reviews)

• The people at Market Strategies are great people, some of the best I have ever worked with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Flattery provides faster career advancement than job skills (in 3 reviews)

• Upon switching, I enjoyed the routine schedule and full time hours as I'm a 9-5 person (in 3 reviews)

1. "I love it here."

Current Employee - Interviewer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Market Strategies International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is super nice and the job is fun, it has very flexible hours and right now is offering full time hours! I think that everyone should give it a go! You won't regret it one bit. People are very considerate and it does offer room to grow... pay raise after 90 days = 75 cents.

Cons

Pay starts out at 8 bucks an hour wish it was better compensation. I dont see this as being bad as it weeds out the baddies:)

2. "Great teamwork"

Pros

This company is full of a lot of hard working people. Employees are treated like adults and are expected to get their jobs done. Great teamwork, lots of people willing to help and advise. Some really phenomenal leaders.

Cons

There are a few tough personalities and the benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue weeding out those who don't fit or detract from others being able to do their jobs. Continue to refine ISO processes.

"SEnior Supervisor"

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in Livonia, MI

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learned something new every day, worked on high profile projects. A good "bridge" or second job. Staff is usually hired from a well-educated pool of applicants.

Cons

Not a place to plan for a career unless you are promoted to management.

Advice to Management

If you're the same as I remember, don't change a thing!

5. "Nice Office"

Current Employee - Oregon in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Oregon in Portland, OR

I have been working at Market Strategies International full-time

Pros

Overall everyone is a joy to work with

Cons

Market research can be monotonous

Advice to Management

Continue on the same trajectory

6. "One of the best places I have worked!!!"

Former Employee - Contracts and Compliance Specialist in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Contracts and Compliance Specialist in Livonia, MI

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Market Strategies are great people, some of the best I have ever worked with. There is always something to do as a change of pace. If I was in a different spot in my life, I would have never left. The work/life balance is a great part of Market Strategies.

Cons

There wasn't a con for working at Market Strategies. This company gave me exactly what I needed at the time I needed it.

Advice to Management

My manager was excellent. I have never had a more understanding, flexible and knowledgeable boss as I did at Market Strategies. One of a kind!!!

7. "Wonderful Company"

I worked at Market Strategies International full-time

Pros

Smart people and good work

Cons

No real cons. Loved it

Advice to Management

vvv

"A culture of smart, ethically-centered people"

Pros

There are a lot of really smart, committed, forward-thinking people in this organization--and, given the relatively entrepreneurial culture, it is possible to change the company by getting out in front of an initiative and pushing hard. The quality of the work being done here is truly a cut--and often several cuts--above what's going on in other parts of the industry. Finally (and this may sound weird, in these times), this is a company that really has an ethical center. There is a kind of old-world probity to the way that the company is managed and the way people treat their work.

Cons

The company is certainly in more of a growth mode than it has been historically--and growth inevitably means change. So far, those changes have been good changes, but that's something that requires constant care and feeding. The concern is that senior management continue to stay focused on the right kinds of strategic growth for the company--and communicate the growth plan (if and as it changes) to everyone throughout the organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard at listening to employees throughout the organization--not just listening to senior managers. Continue the ongoing focus on quality and ethical standards. Keep focused on long-term strategic vision, not quarterly financials (which, so far, has not been an issue...but is always a bit of a worry when you're majority-owned by a private equity company).

9. "Great learning"

Current Employee - Director in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Director in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Pros

autonomy enabling me andf others explore and grow in the direction we choose. management foster this behaviour and thus encourages employees grotwh

Cons

not large enough to make a different, in order to be able to make a name for ourselves we need to be larger

Advice to Management

sales have to be increased, service and solutions have to be defined and marketing to a strategic prospect list of companies