Market Street United Reviews
59% would recommend to a friend
(456 total reviews)
70% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The hours are flexible and for the most part the other workers are ok." (in 34 reviews)
- "Great job and people love the job life here is what you make it work hard to move up" (in 28 reviews)
- "The managers are nice and welcoming." (in 22 reviews)
- "Friendly coworkers make it easier to work as a team and it is very rewarding to see the gratitude of a satisfied guest" (in 20 reviews)
- "Free food Flexible schedule And easy" (in 16 reviews)
- "hard work for low pay" (in 60 reviews)
- "bad management sometimes even though they are friendly" (in 26 reviews)
- "No benefits" (in 8 reviews)
- "Low pay and few raises" (in 8 reviews)
- "The environment can get slightly stressful, and like another reviewer has said it seems as if upper management expects too much of their underlings and has lost the practical knowledge of what can be accomplished in an 8" (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Market Street United and is not affected by filters.
Found 456 of over 459 reviews
Updated Oct 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Aug 10, 2023Store Manager/StarbucksCurrent Employee
There is plenty of opportunity to move up within the company. I started out as a cashier for Market Street and was intending on leaving the company to return to work as a barista during the pandemic when they offered me competitive pay to remain with the company as a barista for the Starbucks department. Within a year, I was promoted to Team Lead. I moved cities and the transfer process was very easy. The circumstances surrounding the department when I arrived at my new location allowed me to move up to management, also in less than a year of working for this location. At the time of writing this, I've been employed for about 3.5 years, with no prior experience in management, but with 3 years of prior barista experience. Market Street has a great team environment that has allowed me to build great relationships in a city where I knew no one and everyone, even upper management have shown amazing support for their team members.
Lean scheduling. Department managers are constantly pushed to do more with less. This has made it difficult to provide my team members with the quality training as I've had to not only work the department, but also train new team members simultaneously. This is not a job for anyone, entry-level or experienced, without a good work ethic. I've consistently had to prioritize the business over pursuing my personal goals and have missed out on several opportunities to take time off to visit family. In addition, although they advertise competitive pay, this particular department pays their baristas less than corporate Starbucks rates, leading to low team member retention and quick burnout.
- 4.0Sep 17, 2023CookCurrent Employee
They have flexible schedules and you can request off frequently. I im a cool in the back of the Deli/Hot-bar so I don’t have to deal with customers. Job is relatively easy but can be demanding at times.
Can be very stingy with raises, management feels more fair than other places I’ve worked but a too loose. Hard to find people to work in deli which can cause u to have to work other positions other than the one you were hired for.
- 4.0Oct 18, 2023Deli ClerkFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPlano, TX
I liked the people I worked with. Everyone was really nice. Good work culture.
My shifts were sometimes understaffed.
- 1.0Oct 21, 2023Prep CookFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMcKinney, TX
It was a job that paid little to no money
• favoritism • bad management • HR manager talks bad about other supermarkets to make hers look good • low pay
- 2.0Jul 1, 2023Overnight StockerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAbilene, TX
Night stocking is a simple and easy job, they let you listen to music and your coworkers are very relatable and friendly. Customers don’t bother you often and if you get done early you can go home early sometimes. Benefits are okay.
Always short handed: somehow the store can’t keep people from any department so night crew is left to pick up their work. Night crew always short staffed as well. Upper management- too many grocery managers and expect a lot from understaffed crew. Go home when work is done is a requirement, staying late is a common occurrence.
Market Street United Reviews FAQs
Market Street United has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 459 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Market Street United to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
59% of Market Street United employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Market Street United 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.