Market Track Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Dennis Moore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Face Paced, Growth Oriented"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very fast pace rewards success, goal oriented. Self-starters will do better in this environment. The recent Vista investment and acquisition of InfoScout should lead to continued disruptions in the marketplace.

Cons

Products can be complex, employees are expect to take point and take charge to get educated about the mix of products and the ways they are used in the marketplace, while not a con, it requires a concerted effort using Market Track's curriculum to get up to speed quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop training materials and make sure employees are getting access to the latest and greatest.

2. "Mostly awesome before they closed"

I worked at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment
    Wonderful people
    Opportunities to learn
    Lots of projects

Cons

No opportunity to grow or move up
    Management is a bit unorganized
    Poor communication
    No hiring from within

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees more

3. "Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Maanager
    Current Employee - Operations Maanager

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced company with an approachable an smart leadership team in place. The Vista Equity purchase has helped the company align vision across the various products and locations. Leadership has taken huge steps in improving the hiring process, HR functions, day-to-day tech, communication and work-life balance.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to have all business functions buy into changes that would knowingly improve processes and products.

Advice to Management

Stay approachable and continue to openly communicate the company's direction to all staff. Take care of the little guys whenever possible.

4. "Change...can be a good thing"

I have been working at Market Track full-time

Pros

The company is under new ownership from a great Private Equity firm called Vista Equity Partners. They are truly one of the best. The best practices they have introduced should help make us a stronger company with the ability to create success and opportunities for all employees.

Cons

The change over the past 1-2 years has been difficult for many employees. I believe that the new owners and the management team are taking the right steps to provide direction and tools for success.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating direction and expectations to employees and give them the training and information needed to be successful

5. "Still New...but glad I made the decision to join!"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the high performance culture. People work hard and are rewarded. Getting exposed to our private equity partner and learning best practices have been a great opportunity. Many people are new and the folks that have been around the block have been very helpful during my first 90 days.

Cons

Benefits are comparable, single coverage is AWESOME. Could do better with family premiums. Top 401(k) provider but not regular matches. However, when you pair this up with all the other "perks"....I'm still feeling like I made out on the deal.

Advice to Management

I love the constant open communication during the monthly calls. Continue to share company vision. Senior leadership is more than approachable. Love my co-workers.

6. "Data Entry"

I worked at Market Track full-time

Pros

relaxed atmosphere and lots of training

Cons

sitting at a computer for hours

"All was well until the Vista"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers were great.
    Hours can be flexible and not to overbearing depending on your role. You'll see people leave around 4:30-5 normally.
    Used to be a relaxed, family-based atmosphere as there are some decent office perks and fun contests that have lasted.

Cons

Things are rolling downhill after Vista acquired us. They are taking control of the company by force, causing longer hours (sometimes 12+ per day), worse working conditions and giving us zero freedom. They are not trustworthy on what they are trying to accomplish or implement, as their consultants and vendors they are using are trash and a revolving door of them are trying to "help" us. I know a lot of these sales, service and finance jobs are going to be eliminated after their 'BOSS' implementation, and they are not willing to admit it or be honest about it. They are not to be trusted as they are not genuine or direct in the way they consult.
    2. Lots of turnover in the C-suite because of Vista forcing them out. No one is safe.
    3. Work/life balance has been taken away during this transition. You have a normal workload, and then a Vista workload on top of that. Twelve to fifteen hour days and weekends are the new norm now.

Advice to Management

It's awful how this place went downhill. If you get acquired by Vista, get an exit strategy ready. You do not want to be there anymore.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry that the transition over the past year was less than positive for you. We are continuously looking for ways to improve our experience for... More

"Please. Do look elsewhere."

Former Employee - Client Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Market Track (More than a year)

Pros

- there are a handful of fun, talented people in the Chicago office
    - the downtown Willis Tower HQ is relatively convenient

Cons

* Culture
    - micromanaging, criticizing trivial aspects, say you’re away from your desk with nothing booked on your calendar at that time, or perhaps you want to leave at 4:55 on occasion, no can do
    - managers frequently speaking negatively of colleagues to others on the direct team
    - overall unpredictability in office life

* Processes
    - expected to spend hours weekly documenting and achieving unrealistic metrics (sales, calls, meetings)
    - if you enjoy duplicities, redundancies, and inefficiencies; countered by a lack of collateral or training, then perhaps you won’t mind functioning here

* Layoffs
    - many were laid off without proper clarity, leaving some questionable, soon to be overworked colleagues and managers
    - back to my “pros,” the talented people are aggressively job searching, direct from the sources

* Pay
    - inability to make “expected” commissions
    - health insurance plans worsened
    - 401k, membership benefits, etc. all far below market

Advice to Management

Recognize talent. Promote talent. Rid the company of yourself and other inept members.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are sorry to hear that your experience was anything less than positive. We are continuously look for ways to enhance/improve our training... More

"Unfocused Company"

Former Employee - Client Service Manager
    Former Employee - Client Service Manager

I worked at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great coworkers, eager to help one another
    - products really help clients with their marketing decisions
    - job was fairly rewarding and challenging on its own

Cons

- unrealistic engagement expectations
    - too much focus on automation paired with a lack of proper training
    - sudden layoffs within company, no warnings whatsoever. manager consistently reminded us of our small and overworked team, yet the team was pared down even more
    - managers were concerned up with trivial issues such as eating at desk for lunch or staying away from desk for too long
    - unlimited PTO perk should be taken with a grain of salt, doesn't matter whether you take sick/personal days - they all "count" towards days off. there's no categorization between the two.
    - upper management was quick to criticize employees who were let go.
    - monthly insurance premiums for 2018 skyrocketed. makes you wonder how much more other employees are earning as well...

Advice to Management

Find a focus and stick to it. If there are any changes to be made to the organization, be upfront about it so that employees know what to expect.

"ad rater"

I worked at Market Track part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, easy work schedule

Cons

poor leadership, high turnover of management

Advice to Management

try to communicate better with your contract employees as they may work better.

Mar 12, 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Here at Market Track we are continuously looking for ways to improve our experience for our employees and clients. We are sorry that your experience was anything... More