Market Track Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 29, 2018

3.3
Dennis Moore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is under new ownership from a great Private Equity firm called Vista Equity Partners" (in 4 reviews)

• "the downtown Willis Tower HQ is relatively convenient" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance between different countries)" (in 3 reviews)

• "the talented people are aggressively job searching, direct from the sources" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Face Paced, Growth Oriented"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very fast pace rewards success, goal oriented. Self-starters will do better in this environment. The recent Vista investment and acquisition of InfoScout should lead to continued disruptions in the marketplace.

Cons

Products can be complex, employees are expect to take point and take charge to get educated about the mix of products and the ways they are used in the marketplace, while not a con, it requires a concerted effort using Market Track's curriculum to get up to speed quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop training materials and make sure employees are getting access to the latest and greatest.

2. "MarketTrack"

Former Employee - System Administrative in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Former Employee - System Administrative in Saratoga Springs, NY

I worked at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

cared about the people and the job

Cons

merged too much and lost track of what it cared about

Advice to Management

Don't lose track of what made you in the first place. ... your people. Merging doesn't mean abandon your roots

3. "Market Track: 3.5-4 stars; Research/Analytics department: 1.5-2 stars"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Following the Vista Equity Partners investment, Market Track has started putting strong emphasis on streamlining processes, employee training, and client retention. Having said that, there's still a big gap in terms of quality of services and employees between Market Track and InfoScout, a company recently acquired.

Unlimited PTO + flexibility to work remotely are nice.
    Overall, I'd give Market Track 3.5-4 stars.

Cons

The Research department specifically only gets 1.5-2 stars. Clients usually sign small contracts for the research portion, which means that their engagement level and retention rate are very low . The biggest problem is their new EVP, Analytics. He does an excellent job managing up, but when it comes to his team, he simply does not care about anyone's workload or career development goals. The result - half of the team has left the company since he joined.

Sep 24, 2018

I respectfully disagree with your comments about Steve Luebkeman, our EVP, Analytics. I know dozens upon dozens of colleagues who have benefited from working with Steve over the years. He's an... More

"Full disclosure: Review by the CEO"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

To sign up for Glassdoor, it is required that you post a review, so I am, but I wanted to be up front in acknowledging that I am the CEO. In terms of the Pros of Market Track, the big one to me is that we are working in a dynamic marketplace amid a lot of change. With the marketplace changing so much between on and off line sales, and advances in digital marketing, its great experience to be working on new services like digital shelf and innovative new research methods like InfoScout. Working on new things in a changing marketplace is fun. (For the record, I gave us a 4 out of 5...we can always get better and I figured 5 out of 5 from the CEO was sort cheating...I also declined to rate the CEO!)

Cons

With change comes anxiety. We have added a lot of new elements to our business and while sometimes that change can be exciting, at other times it can be challenging. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you would love it here. If stability is your thing, we may not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Well this one is a little awkward for me, but what I would say is that amid the change, we in management have to work hard at communication. I’m trying to do that, and in fact one of the reasons I am being active on Glassdoor is to get feedback and where needed, clarify who we are and where we are going.

"Account Manager"

I worked at Market Track full-time

Pros

Good pay and health benefits. There are a few nice people to work with.

Cons

It is necessary to meet a weekly goal of client phone calls which at first don't seem like a big deal until those clients don't care to keep hearing the same pitch of products they don't want or need.
    The data collected is not always clean and client complaints go nowhere.

Aug 1, 2018

We think its important that our client service teams spend their time engaging with our clients. Having a quota on how many client contacts you need to make in a month is not a perfect system, but... More

"From mom and pop atmosphere to souless corporation"

I worked at Market Track full-time

Pros

Great Account Management
    Approachable operations team
    Dynamic Sales team

Cons

Poor Training
    Growing disconnection with management

Advice to Management

Company has seen two owners in the span of three years. Ownership needs to move on from the top on down approach and listen to the employees with years of experience working with Brands and advertising agencies. C-suite management needs to be in the office to support its staff when needed.

Aug 1, 2018

Its true that we went through an ownership change in June of 2017 and we also added a big new business in InfoScout to the enterprise about the same time. So, there is no doubt we’ve had a lot of... More

7. "Meh"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team is great to work with and everyone I encountered at MT is friendly and helpful. Laid back culture that is enjoyable. Technologies vary between different teams so you may get something up to date thats great and other stuff that is old and annoying that needs supporting.

Cons

Benefits seem to be getting worse every year and the 401k is a joke because after 2 years I still have not seen anything. Communication or a unified vision seems to be scattered / lacking.

Advice to Management

Developer time should not be wasted between teams and I think unifying the teams behind the goal would drastically help. Also the benefits are getting worse again...

Aug 1, 2018

There should not be any confusion about the 401k. We have a program and if you’re enrolled you should be getting reports. Please drop your manager or your local HR rep a line and we’ll straighten... More

"Don't Do It, Take Another JOB!!!"

I worked at Market Track full-time

Pros

Didn't have to talk to people, Could listen to music, Could eat at your desk, Could take lunch when I wanted but not every department was like that. Benefits was terrible for the time I was there but they eventually switched to a lower plan, which is great for single people. That's all I could think of lol

Cons

Boring, Boring, and Boring. Sitting at a desk all day, repetitive work, boring weekly meetings for no reason, uncomfortable chairs, NO PAY RAISE AND NEVER WAS GOING TO BE ONE, VERY LOW PAY, and NO GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES. So I couldn't see myself being there for too long, it will literally drain your soul.

Advice to Management

Give people some freedom at this place, its really boring. Have a game room, workout room, or something to let the stress out. Get those stand up desk for your employees, no one would sit for 8 hours if they were not at work. It's not healthy!

Aug 1, 2018

A big part of our business is data entry. We have teams in Solon,OH, Montego Bay, Jamaica, and Baroda, India, all of which do the very important and necessary work of collecting and entering the... More

9. "Mostly awesome before they closed"

I worked at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment
    Wonderful people
    Opportunities to learn
    Lots of projects

Cons

No opportunity to grow or move up
    Management is a bit unorganized
    Poor communication
    No hiring from within

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees more

Aug 1, 2018

Not sure what to make of this post. We certainly have not closed 😊

Thx, Dennis

10. "Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Maanager
    Current Employee - Operations Maanager

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced company with an approachable an smart leadership team in place. The Vista Equity purchase has helped the company align vision across the various products and locations. Leadership has taken huge steps in improving the hiring process, HR functions, day-to-day tech, communication and work-life balance.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to have all business functions buy into changes that would knowingly improve processes and products.

Advice to Management

Stay approachable and continue to openly communicate the company's direction to all staff. Take care of the little guys whenever possible.