Market Track Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Dennis Moore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Face Paced, Growth Oriented"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very fast pace rewards success, goal oriented. Self-starters will do better in this environment. The recent Vista investment and acquisition of InfoScout should lead to continued disruptions in the marketplace.

Cons

Products can be complex, employees are expect to take point and take charge to get educated about the mix of products and the ways they are used in the marketplace, while not a con, it requires a concerted effort using Market Track's curriculum to get up to speed quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop training materials and make sure employees are getting access to the latest and greatest.

"Account Manager"

I worked at Market Track full-time

Pros

Good pay and health benefits. There are a few nice people to work with.

Cons

It is necessary to meet a weekly goal of client phone calls which at first don't seem like a big deal until those clients don't care to keep hearing the same pitch of products they don't want or need.
    The data collected is not always clean and client complaints go nowhere.

"From mom and pop atmosphere to souless corporation"

I worked at Market Track full-time

Pros

Great Account Management
    Approachable operations team
    Dynamic Sales team

Cons

Poor Training
    Growing disconnection with management

Advice to Management

Company has seen two owners in the span of three years. Ownership needs to move on from the top on down approach and listen to the employees with years of experience working with Brands and advertising agencies. C-suite management needs to be in the office to support its staff when needed.

4. "Meh"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team is great to work with and everyone I encountered at MT is friendly and helpful. Laid back culture that is enjoyable. Technologies vary between different teams so you may get something up to date thats great and other stuff that is old and annoying that needs supporting.

Cons

Benefits seem to be getting worse every year and the 401k is a joke because after 2 years I still have not seen anything. Communication or a unified vision seems to be scattered / lacking.

Advice to Management

Developer time should not be wasted between teams and I think unifying the teams behind the goal would drastically help. Also the benefits are getting worse again...

"Don't Do It, Take Another JOB!!!"

I worked at Market Track full-time

Pros

Didn't have to talk to people, Could listen to music, Could eat at your desk, Could take lunch when I wanted but not every department was like that. Benefits was terrible for the time I was there but they eventually switched to a lower plan, which is great for single people. That's all I could think of lol

Cons

Boring, Boring, and Boring. Sitting at a desk all day, repetitive work, boring weekly meetings for no reason, uncomfortable chairs, NO PAY RAISE AND NEVER WAS GOING TO BE ONE, VERY LOW PAY, and NO GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES. So I couldn't see myself being there for too long, it will literally drain your soul.

Advice to Management

Give people some freedom at this place, its really boring. Have a game room, workout room, or something to let the stress out. Get those stand up desk for your employees, no one would sit for 8 hours if they were not at work. It's not healthy!

6. "Mostly awesome before they closed"

I worked at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment
    Wonderful people
    Opportunities to learn
    Lots of projects

Cons

No opportunity to grow or move up
    Management is a bit unorganized
    Poor communication
    No hiring from within

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees more

7. "Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Maanager
    Current Employee - Operations Maanager

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced company with an approachable an smart leadership team in place. The Vista Equity purchase has helped the company align vision across the various products and locations. Leadership has taken huge steps in improving the hiring process, HR functions, day-to-day tech, communication and work-life balance.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to have all business functions buy into changes that would knowingly improve processes and products.

Advice to Management

Stay approachable and continue to openly communicate the company's direction to all staff. Take care of the little guys whenever possible.

"Still New...but glad I made the decision to join!"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Market Track full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the high performance culture. People work hard and are rewarded. Getting exposed to our private equity partner and learning best practices have been a great opportunity. Many people are new and the folks that have been around the block have been very helpful during my first 90 days.

Cons

Benefits are comparable, single coverage is AWESOME. Could do better with family premiums. Top 401(k) provider but not regular matches. However, when you pair this up with all the other "perks"....I'm still feeling like I made out on the deal.

Advice to Management

I love the constant open communication during the monthly calls. Continue to share company vision. Senior leadership is more than approachable. Love my co-workers.

9. "Change...can be a good thing"

I have been working at Market Track full-time

Pros

The company is under new ownership from a great Private Equity firm called Vista Equity Partners. They are truly one of the best. The best practices they have introduced should help make us a stronger company with the ability to create success and opportunities for all employees.

Cons

The change over the past 1-2 years has been difficult for many employees. I believe that the new owners and the management team are taking the right steps to provide direction and tools for success.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating direction and expectations to employees and give them the training and information needed to be successful

10. "Data Entry"

I worked at Market Track full-time

Pros

relaxed atmosphere and lots of training

Cons

sitting at a computer for hours