Market Traders Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Market Traders Institute Founder & CEO Jared Martinez
Jared Martinez

Pros
  • The TRUTH: This is a very fast paced environment and we live by our core values (in 6 reviews)

• My pay is competitive, 100% medical benefits, 2 weeks a year vacation, a nice rec room and free breakfast every Friday (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I've seen over 25 co workers get laid off/let go on the spot (in 5 reviews)

• 8- "Boys Club" is a thing, if you don't play golf and act like a "rich" person then you considered a minority (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work for !!!"

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a all in one package: Growth, Opportunities, Benefits!! Not only that, I love how everyone is so friendly and so eager to keep growing. Executives/ Managers are always aware of how you are and how you can grow. It's definitely a great/awesome place to work for!!

Cons

I don't have any cons.

2. "I debated taking a position in MTI but I'm happy I did"

Current Employee - Closer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Closer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, medical, dental & vision free

Cons

Vacation it's not appealing but besides that I like it there

"Talent Acquisition Specialist"

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the benefits are the only pro about working

Cons

This is the little boys club here. They proclaim they care to hear what their employee have to say when actuality they do not instead will just fire you and say you bad mouth the organization or complain to much. They will use you and throw you to the curb when they are done with you. Hiring managers make horrible decisions and then blame everyone else for their mistakes. There is no structure here. They proclaim they are going through growing pains, but it is a 23 year business give it a break already. they give monkeys pay and expect gorilla work. They have 5 core values here that they do not live by nor care for it is all a show.

"Nice place to work!"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great environment, good team work

Cons

a little bit far from my house

"OMG.. Run away .. as fast as you can!!"

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time

Pros

They have free snacks and drinks in the cafeteria

Cons

A real nightmare. Almost everyone I met had just started there. People in positions of authority with no clue what they are doing. What a mess. No regard for people's time. I would show up for appointments on time and get stood up without any notification or apology. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Look up the term EOS and really study it. Treat people with a bit more dignity and pay attention to what they say to you.

"You will be over worked and under valued"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast on fridays. The executives are nice. Some decent coworkers. They finnaly did something about the foul languge for the most part. Nice building for the bad area.

Cons

No matter if you give 120% to this company you will never be valued. The managment is a bunch of clowns that step on the backs of their team and want to take all the praise for work of the team and try to advance higher from the work of him team mate. Dont there is a huge bro code. If you dont fit in that you will never get anywhere in this company. The managers lie to cover themselves and do not take responsibility for their failures. They love the blaime game and do not keep their word. They manipulate the numbers to make the numbers look good for the level 10 meeting. My manager had no clue how the department worked. Yet he was taking praise for my work. The manager gossips more then anyone. Very unprofessional. There is no privacy if some is getting fired its passed around like a joke with no reguard of that persons family situation nothing is confidental. Seen awesome emploees leave because they were undervalued and not getting paid what they deserve. Your manager will take your issue and make it about them. They do not care about you only how good you make them look. Dont be fooled. Run for the hills. Keep looking for a better company and dont get stuck in this hole waiting for a way out.

Advice to Management

Dig deeper into managers. You have managers not providing correct numbers in the reports. Your being fooled on how things running and how people are being treated. Managers share personal info on other employees. Your loosing great employees because of your poor chioce of managment they do not care about the employees under them they care about there own pocket. Provide managers with training ask surprise questions make sure there not able to msg the employee that really knows it all. Make sure to have your managers live your core values. Because there are a few that by no means follow your core values. You have bogus or inaccurate contrats being sent to your students. Your managers cover up bad practices. You need to do a whole over haul and start new with your sales manager and operations manager or your company will go under with all the shady things that are being covered up. If you care about your students and your empire get rid of those two managers. Maybe look to promote the team lead because I promise you they kbow what the real deal is and they are running the show and all the manager is good for is slacking off and attending the level 10 meeting. Be more envolved and ask reasons why good people left. Just CARE. take interest in your employees have 1 on ones in private. Not just a how was your day button. Thats a cop out to not really find out what is really going on in the department. The communication within the comany is awful worst I have ever seen. Its like come on your not that huge where you can turn a blind eye to the lack of people skills your managers have.

Feb 1, 2017 – Communications Coordinator

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate the extensiveness of your review and can assure you that the points brought up will not be taken lightly by our senior ... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Very Dynamic company, family oriented and love the people we serve!

Cons

NONE NONE NONE AND NONE

Advice to Management

Focus in Technology

"THE REAL TRUTH OF THE LIFE OF AN MTI EMPLOYEE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros of this company are
    - SOME of the great undervalued employees who are either trying to make a difference, in either the clients dept or help their co-
      workers to succeed or assistance even through difficult and non ethical working conditions.
    - Modest Entry Level Salary
    - Friday Breakfast(s)
    - Complimentary Snack Bar in Lunch Room
    - Beautiful Office building
    - Location (close to Millennia Mall)
    - I-4 Access and Toll Road Access (less than 1 mile)

Cons

-Stressful working environment
    -Swearing and demeaning behaviors by so called "leaders" of the company
    -Unrealistic ideals on work and life balance.
    -Unrealistic" goals" and expectations from their employees
    -No care for the well being of their employees only for the output. (This has been expressed in all Once lifespan of the output has been fulfilled then the employee is normally terminated from the company, instead of being assisted to grow in areas needed.
    -Leadership is a unethical force of hypocritical and misleading individuals and rude individuals
    -Job security threats are made in an aggressive and profane form.
    -Clients are sold products and software that are malfunctioning and instead of resolving the issues there are salesmen that continue to sell them on unrealistic expectations
    -Constant "Non Ethical Sales tactics"
    -Unorganized Operations and workflow projects
    -Constant change of direction without acquired information for change or implementation on external factors
    -Underdeveloped research and development and software processes
    -Lack of follow up with a confluence of challenges and issues
    -Concerns are only considered as excuses instead of projects to be worked on
    -Lack of communication between departments
    -Upper Level Meetings are both distasteful and unprofessional
    -Leaders( both C Level and Management Core Team) speak disrespectfully about their peers, presidents and C Level leaders and undermine each other and lower level employees.
    -Repulsive Work Environment: I have seen and heard individuals disrespected and comments made from managers , directors and salesmen on the sales floor that should not be acceptable from anyone in any position. Nobody has the right to be disrespectful regardless of position, tenure or capacity. (which is only a formula for a disaster)
    - Opportunity is not a living mechanism in this company and not a reality with realistic measures or achievable possibilities.

Unfortunately all of these things mentioned are only a few. Although someone will make a priority to find out who this is instead of looking to see how to change the problematic areas to make things better , I hope this creates enough concern so that someone may make it a priority to disable these behaviors instead of creating a Smoke and Mirror effect and like most company with these issues try to put them under the rug to disguise the true internal issues and just blame the ex employee.

Although these are my thoughts as a former employee these are also facts of employees who may or may not be there anymore at Market Traders Institute. I am not the only one to have expressed myself this way when I was there , so I also speak for those who are scared and unwilling to speak up due to trying to keep their current positions.

Advice to Management

Advice: Act with moral and ethical judgement. Regardless of the minor "setbacks" Create a true company with a true moral compass that is felt through out the company, not just one written down on your company core value presentations and banners.

Learn from your employees instead of discontinuing a working relationship with them or disqualifying the opinions the express when you are confronted with disagreements or concerns. You may have a great product or software but you need to learn that disgruntled employees that express themselves are opportunities for you to either fix the problems or work on the problems so you can continue to provide a great product where both ends of the company can benefit.

Your Leadership team are anything but leadership. They have become a deceitful team of individuals who only know how to make others fear for their careers when internal issues or certain unrealistic deadlines arise. Which in return causes a stressful environment and fear of being able to provide for themselves or the well being of their families. This so called leadership team only mandates instead of leading individuals and teaching them to reach the highest level of potential to help the company succeed. They lack the ability and true talents needed to create a sustainable and growth inspired company. Anyone can put Numbers , percentages, formulas, deadlines , projects and sales on spreadsheets in excel or a CRM, to make the idea of what a picture/objective should look like and then Demand them to be filled by inspiring fear.

But only a FEW can INSPIRE INDIVIDUALS to demand the best from within themselves on their own so that they may grow in all areas that are required and much more.

Numbers and projections and deadlines are only a successful metric when the departments or persons are acting as a successful unit..

I would mention names of some of those who think that by engaging with fear and demeaning practices helps the company succeed by forcing individuals, but it is part of the confidentiality of Glass Door that does not allow this, but if you don't already know who these individuals are then you already have a bigger problem.

I truly wish you all the best MTI in your future and all the plans you have to grow. This detailed letter is not to bring down your company but hopefully so you may see another one of your employees who has fallen by the wayside and has felt that the company and the leadership has failed them in many ways.
    There are many who do not have the same confidence or courage to express themselves because of the management team you have in place and the backlash that is expected from a review of this form. If your objectives is to known as a world leader in forex education , than it starts with the way you treat and value your employees. This way you can be a place that is relevant in the workforce as an enjoyable place to be employed for many more years to come.

To Conclude, instead of being upset and disgruntled with this review. I hope you can Learn to value the clients and the employees who have these similar feelings yet diligently work hard everyday to make the gears for your company work, don't just listen to the ones who you have put in place to give orders and fulfill certain requirements without truly understanding people or think they understand people. I believe that If these minor yet highly impactful changes are made, I am sure that not only will the company continue to grow to make new achievements but you will also have an environment that will welcome talent and bring forth the highest degree of potential which in return give results that will began to work on their own. Until then I wish you the best and hope that the loss and voice of one employee is the gain of many.

Nov 16, 2016 – Communications Coordinator

"Awesome Place to work, if you put the work in"

Former Employee - Closer/Education Specialist in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Closer/Education Specialist in Orlando, FL

Pros

Biggest thing that drew me to MTI was the commitment to personal and professional development. First time I had been part of a company that wanted you to develop and they provided some tools in order for you to do so.

Work was great, you are selling a product that changes peoples lives and gives them a fighting chance to take back control.

Hours were a little hectic but has since changed

You had a chance to meet and speak with the CEO, because he was always there working with students and speaking with the analysts and the employees.

At least once a month they gathered to acknowledge those who stood out and went above and beyond. Was overwhelming at first but it is a family atmosphere over there.

Very involved with the community and have a huge event for Trading For ta tas in the fight against breast cancer.

Point is if you have wanted a chance to succeed for your family and want to help others succeed and reach their financial goals. If you are not afraid of hard work, then you need to give yourself a chance to work here.

Great place

Cons

No cons, you put in work you get rewarded. I heard and seen a lot of negative reviews, but in all honesty, I never experienced that, and I was there for 4 years.

If you want to succeed here you will have to work your tail off, but show me a place where you do not have to do that, and I will show you a place that will not be around long

Advice to Management

Get back to those morning meetings, where we went over objections and did role playing. Sales is the lifeblood of any company and when they are trained properly, it shows on the phones and customers feel more trusting to by from us.

Otherwise, keep up the crush-a-thon

"Software developer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The worst of the worst. They are so behind in the way they do stuff. if you want to kill your carrier go work for them.
    People there talk nasty F words all the time. They scam people for something that will never work. 75% of their customer do not make any money.

Cons

It is like you are working in 19 sentry company

Advice to Management

Shut this place down and go do something else.

Nov 2, 2016 – Communications Coordinator

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As we all know and understand, it is rarely a happy event -- for both parties, when an employee leaves their employer, especially when ... More