MarketBridge Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
MarketBridge Chairman and CEO Tim Furey
Tim Furey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great opportunity for growth (for the firm and for its employees)"

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time

Pros

- very smart people who try to innovate as much as possible
    - management team open to trying new things; meritocratic environment
    - fast paced work environment and very flexible management
    - the company utilizes new technology (including its own!)
    - you can make a difference from day 1

Cons

- work life balance is sometimes a challenge depending on the client and time of year.
    - some management turnover
    - very self directed...you can make it what you want but don't wait to be told what to do

Advice to Management

Focus, focus, focus

2. "Over promise, under deliver"

Pros

Former clients include some fortune 1000s, services team came from good schools, analytics team full of smart individuals, former service team SVPs were excellent leaders.

Cons

Look into the company's financial history, ask for they're current client list ( i.e. Actual existing contracts), they're history of layoffs, current budget allocation, and employee turnover rate before considering working with or for them.

Advice to Management

Clean house of senior leadership and stick with consulting service line

3. "Great environment"

I have been working at MarketBridge full-time

Pros

Working in a collaborative environment with insanely smart people

Cons

Long hours expected depending on client engagements

Advice to Management

Further promote work life balance

"Meh"

Pros

I learned a lot of new technical skills at MarketBridge. It's rare to find a company that will trust it's employees to learn so much so fast. I had a good relationship with the other members of my team, and I got a lot of mentorship and guidance from them. The pay and benefits were solid.

Cons

This varies a lot by project and role, but for much of my time at MarketBridge, my role was incredibly tedious and repetitive. I also felt like we were too close to our client to provide an objective perspective. I felt too much pressure to spin our findings as good news.

A few others have commented on the lack of diversity and the formation of social cliques. Of course it's great for people to have friendships with their coworkers, but it made me feel anxious about whether these personal relationships also influenced who was recognized or promoted in the company. Hard to say. There was also very little racial diversity, and even the personality types seemed to fit a certain mold. Hiring conversations included frustratingly vague language about cultural fit.

"Really Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at MarketBridge full-time

Pros

Good perks, people like being together, right by the metro, good compensation, great benefits, 401K matching, nice office, interesting clients, lean company

Cons

Having some growing pains, still figuring out who they are, processes are still changing and being refined, some employees are very unhappy with changes being made, oversell and sometimes under derliver

"Not a great culture or company"

I worked at MarketBridge full-time

Pros

Great people that aren't part of the leadership team

Cons

Management handles the office like a cult, if you're not drinking the koolaid then you're on the next lay-off list
    The Bethesda office execs take their titles way too seriously
    Married people sleep with their coworkers
    They don't spend time to nurture your weakness. You could be doing 15 things great but if you're slacking in one area then you're immediately let go
    The CEO doesn't spend time to know his employees
    They have no money, they pretend like they do but charge everything on credit card and they don't pay vendors on time

"Textbook Bad Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

There's no upside of working for MarketBridge as far as I can honestly tell. Don't bother looking for it.

Cons

They think engineers are disposable, so there's no good practices at all, thus the code is super super bad quality. For every release, there's tons of documents to juggle with, and the wordings are so delicate and inaccurate - every release has problems, and you find yourself optimizing trivial things like English writings all the time. The management has NO concept of strategy - constantly changing. What you work on this month could be totally irrelevant next month, and they do this at least a couple times a year not because they're agile, but because they cannot make up their minds. An entire team could be hired this month, but only to be laid off 2 months later. Company doesn't even provide you a laptop to work with except one that's pretty beat-up - if you use your own macbook, they'll subsidize monthly pro-rated vested for like 3 years or something = ridiculous; super small NY office with bad ventilation, little to no snacks/drinks; overall a bunch of mediocre people throwing ideas around in the clouds making themselves feel big and important, while burning down the company's remaining cash

Advice to Management

where do I start? 1. making the company the political battlefield between your 2 senior leaders without devising a way for both to happily co-exist - simply begs turmoil in the ranks. The CEO must lay out a clear strategy AND execute it for both to be happy; 2. do not flip-flop on your long-term strategy - you spent almost a year following a director's lead, and when he's gone, you undo all of that - what's the point except to have wasted literally hundreds of thousands of dollars? If you don't have the money and a mind to execute, don't chase down a path you can't follow through; 3. it's a modern era - don't expect pretty smile and firm handshake are all that's needed in the marketing business, not to mention for a so-called SaaS company. You either build up the system, or see the company perish.

"Not a place for any serious analytics"

Former Employee - Consultant in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bethesda, MD

I worked at MarketBridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, cool work environment

Cons

Very poor focus on predictive analytics/modeling...core business is marketing services.

"Bad experience"

I worked at MarketBridge full-time

Pros

I did not enjoy my time there. They had bagel Fridays. I would not recommend.

Cons

Culture - very cliquish, everyone is very smart but they try to make it hard to fit in - you have this idea that they are very impressed with themselves and if you aren't in the "club" they ignore you.
    My "boss" was inept.
    During my interview the VP interviewing me took a phone call. During my interview. For 15 minutes.
    They wanted you to be in the office 50+ hours a week - ON SALARY - even if you didn't have any work to do. When I went to resign my manager told me I "couldn't quit". I let HR handle that one.

Advice to Management

You need to compensate employees better if you are asking them to work 50 hours a week. Also, your entire system is antiquated - move to the digital age. No wonder revenue is low.

10. "Consultant"

I worked at MarketBridge full-time

Pros

A great place to learn a lot, especially for those new in their careers.

Cons

Workload can get pretty intense.

Advice to Management

Experience can be heavily influenced by a particular project, so make sure people have the opportunity to try different projects.