MarketShare Reviews

Updated May 17, 2019

3.1
MarketShare President & CEO Lisa A. Hook
Lisa A. Hook
Pros
  • "I thought I had worked with some smart people in the past but MarketShare's team takes things to a whole new level(in 11 reviews)

• "It is okay to work from home occasionally(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, and the quality of training is highly dependent upon your manager (People Manager)(in 9 reviews)

• "There is absolutely no work-life balance(in 7 reviews)

1. "Amazing Place to Launch a Career"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior Strategy Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MarketShare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

MarketShare Neustar is the pioneer of the marketing measurement industry. You will have exposure to the best minds in the business as you work with Fortune 500 companies. By far the smartest people I have worked with across the board.

Cons

Challenging work requires effort with tight deadlines. You can't go through the motions here.

"Data Management Department is a Total Mess"

Former Employee - Senior Data Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MarketShare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly and nice co-workers. Free snacks.

Cons

The data management department is a mess, smart employee are leaving one after another. Higher management has no clue what they are doing, bad decision one after another.

Continue reading

"Nice place to work, unfortunate power politics"

I worked at MarketShare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice building, people are nice, cool to have free food in office, working from home is nice, unlimited PTO and sick time is invaluable

Cons

Too much power politics, not enough practicality, some executives are too controlling and don't take good ideas from subordinates

Continue reading
  4. "Amazing people and great product"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MarketShare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Startup environment with great people around. Opportunity to work with great companies in the industry by measuring their efforts.

Cons

Product oriented environment with little to no opportunity to growth

5. "Worked for at least 2 years"

I worked at MarketShare full-time

Pros

Very good place to learn , work.

Cons

Mid level management was no so effective

"Neustar MarketShare - Advisory Services"

1.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MarketShare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Do you enjoy "taking on more responsibility" from project managers who don't want to do any work? Do you enjoy having management jump into a presentation at the 11th hour to demand contradictory changes be made? Do you enjoy feeling like you work at a different company based on what VP you work under? Do you enjoy being asked to do your project manager's job with no thanks or recognition? These are just a few of the "pros" you can look forward to at Neustar MarketShare.

Cons

There are small pockets of smart, hard-working people at what's left of MarketShare after being purchased by Neustar. However, most of the people left in "people manager" roles are only there because they can coast through their day-to-day with little effort and can't get an equal paying job anywhere else. You will spend the majority of your time working on things that will only be relevant to the process internal to this company, so I hope you like building excel templates. VP's step into presentations to give inconsistent feedback and dictate things like what colors you are using in charts and graphs. To get promoted you need to have buy-in from all VPs, but working under each of them feels like you work for a COMPLETELY different company. You'll likely work under people who "work from home" once or twice a week and have a laundry list of excuses for why they aren't in the office, assuming they even give you a heads up. The culture is toxic, lazy, and demotivating.

Continue reading

"Great solution, Lost its way when they allowed founders to leave"

4.0
    Current Employee - Strategist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, team, market position. Best analytics solution in the industry objectively.

Cons

It was seriously crazy that Neustar didn't try to keep the founders and Ivan when they left after the acquisition. They were the heart and soul and had the right vision for the products, were deep with all of our clients at the C-Suite. The Neustar people don't understand our offerings (STILL) - and are being led by the Targus team in DC unfortunately.

Continue reading

"Hard work and little reward"

I have been working at MarketShare full-time

Pros

Marketshare has some great employees and you will be surrounded by very smart people.

Cons

- a lot of work and little company organization - poor training - very little guidance and support - consulting hours with a much lower pay -the skills you learn here are not always applicable to other jobs -work can be very tedious and boring -not much recognition for hard work

"MarketShare"

I worked at MarketShare full-time

Pros

I think Neustar has worked to perfect the product since I left.

Cons

A stressful environment when I was there. I have talked to a couple of talent employees you left the company recently and the environment is still too stressful and toxic.

"Associate Advisory Services Consultant"

I worked at MarketShare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment with smart people. Good analytical and client facing experience.

Cons

Long hours, and the quality of training is highly dependent upon your manager (People Manager). If your Supervisor/Manager is not the type of person who can teach others well, you are headed for some difficult times due to the fact that any training material provided is of little use. Management is distanced from day-to-day.

Found 106 reviews