MarketShare Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 104 reviews

2.9
MarketShare CEO Lisa A. Hook
Lisa A. Hook
Pros
  • "I thought I had worked with some smart people in the past but MarketShare's team takes things to a whole new level(in 11 reviews)

• "It is okay to work from home occasionally(in 6 reviews)

Cons

"Amazing experience - innovative, fearless - even better after merger with Neustar"

Current Employee - Account Services in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've never worked for a company that is trying to shake up an industry as much as MarketShare. It is really a key part of the DNA of the company and it is the reason it is the clear winner in attribution analytics. No one comes close. Great team, the who's who of clients, strong founders and leadership team. The merger with Neustar has been positive. Now we have a lot more resources and increasing sales momentum....

Cons

Aggressive growth can be tiring but also exciting. Now merged with Neustar so dealing with integration but that's been going pretty well.

Advice to Management

MarketShare has a lot more experience in consultative, senior level relationships. Make sure Neustar leverages this experience as Neustar has been operating and selling at a much lower level- Neustar wants to sell upstream so use the MarketShare experience and teams.

MarketShare2016-08-03
  2. "Amazing people and great product"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MarketShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Startup environment with great people around. Opportunity to work with great companies in the industry by measuring their efforts.

Cons

Product oriented environment with little to no opportunity to growth

MarketShare2019-03-04
  3. "Nice place to work, unfortunate power politics"

I worked at MarketShare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice building, people are nice, cool to have free food in office, working from home is nice, unlimited PTO and sick time is invaluable

Cons

Too much power politics, not enough practicality, some executives are too controlling and don't take good ideas from subordinates

Advice to Management

Flexibility is key, and collaboration, and if you disregard good ideas from below you will fail to avoid what you can't see from your perspective

MarketShare2019-03-04
  4. "Worked for at least 2 years"

I worked at MarketShare full-time

Pros

Very good place to learn , work.

Cons

Mid level management was no so effective

MarketShare2018-12-18

"Neustar MarketShare - Advisory Services"

Former Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MarketShare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Do you enjoy "taking on more responsibility" from project managers who don't want to do any work? Do you enjoy having management jump into a presentation at the 11th hour to demand contradictory changes be made? Do you enjoy feeling like you work at a different company based on what VP you work under? Do you enjoy being asked to do your project manager's job with no thanks or recognition? These are just a few of the "pros"...

Cons

There are small pockets of smart, hard-working people at what's left of MarketShare after being purchased by Neustar. However, most of the people left in "people manager" roles are only there because they can coast through their day-to-day with little effort and can't get an equal paying job anywhere else. You will spend the majority of your time working on things that will only be relevant to the process internal to...

Advice to Management

Trim the fat and promote people who are actually interested in working hard. Develop consistencies across projects, managers, and VPs. Create a training program so that employees at all levels do things in similar ways. At most companies, these suggestions would be common sense.

MarketShare2018-10-12

"Hard work and little reward"

I have been working at MarketShare full-time

Pros

Marketshare has some great employees and you will be surrounded by very smart people.

Cons

- a lot of work and little company organization - poor training - very little guidance and support - consulting hours with a much lower pay -the skills you learn here are not always applicable to other jobs -work can be very tedious and boring -not much recognition for hard work

Advice to Management

Do more to create a better culture and reward employees that are performing well. Additionally, there needs to be a better structure for who is in charge of what, as most of the work gets put on certain individuals for each account.

MarketShare2018-01-20

"Great solution, Lost its way when they allowed founders to leave"

Current Employee - Strategist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, team, market position. Best analytics solution in the industry objectively.

Cons

It was seriously crazy that Neustar didn't try to keep the founders and Ivan when they left after the acquisition. They were the heart and soul and had the right vision for the products, were deep with all of our clients at the C-Suite. The Neustar people don't understand our offerings (STILL) - and are being led by the Targus team in DC unfortunately.

Advice to Management

See above

MarketShare2018-01-17

"MarketShare"

I worked at MarketShare full-time

Pros

I think Neustar has worked to perfect the product since I left.

Cons

A stressful environment when I was there. I have talked to a couple of talent employees you left the company recently and the environment is still too stressful and toxic.

MarketShare2017-10-19

"Associate Advisory Services Consultant"

I worked at MarketShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment with smart people. Good analytical and client facing experience.

Cons

Long hours, and the quality of training is highly dependent upon your manager (People Manager). If your Supervisor/Manager is not the type of person who can teach others well, you are headed for some difficult times due to the fact that any training material provided is of little use. Management is distanced from day-to-day.

Advice to Management

You have a great workforce, try to keep them.

MarketShare2017-06-10
      • "Strategist"

I worked at MarketShare full-time

Pros

great product, smart colleagues, impressive clients

Cons

very math intensive, need to be on email at all times

MarketShare2017-03-18