MarketShare Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
MarketShare President & CEO Lisa A. Hook
Lisa A. Hook
1 Rating

Pros
  • I thought I had worked with some smart people in the past but MarketShare's team takes things to a whole new level (in 9 reviews)

• Your can learn the most advanced marketing analytics (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is mediocre at best (in 6 reviews)

• Long hours and high stress, frequently driven by managers who refuse to say (in 8 reviews)

"Amazing experience - innovative, fearless - even better after merger with Neustar"

Current Employee - Account Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Services in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've never worked for a company that is trying to shake up an industry as much as MarketShare. It is really a key part of the DNA of the company and it is the reason it is the clear winner in attribution analytics. No one comes close. Great team, the who's who of clients, strong founders and leadership team.

The merger with Neustar has been positive. Now we have a lot more resources and increasing sales momentum. The data is incredible and makes our analytics even better. More career growth potential as Neustar has a very big HR team that is focused on this.

Cons

Aggressive growth can be tiring but also exciting. Now merged with Neustar so dealing with integration but that's been going pretty well.

Advice to Management

MarketShare has a lot more experience in consultative, senior level relationships. Make sure Neustar leverages this experience as Neustar has been operating and selling at a much lower level- Neustar wants to sell upstream so use the MarketShare experience and teams.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Strategy Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategy Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work with great clients
    Good Market Mix modeling

Cons

Can be a lot of Politics

Advice to Management

none

"Smart people, cool projects"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very intelligent people - all team members are knowledgeable in their own roles
    - Great mix of people - modelers, statisticians, economists, tech - the varied backgrounds make for solid lunch conversations
    - work and methodology is very interesting
    - good balance of work/life
    - FREE FRIDAY Lunch

Cons

- culture still evolving, but overall very pleasant people
    - Need more conference rooms, but i think we're looking at new space

Advice to Management

Keep us moving in the right direction

5. "Leading the way"

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people
    Nice atmosphere
    Cutting edge
    Great clients and partners
    Lots of potential

Cons

Benefits are improving but not quite there
    Salaries could and should be higher

Advice to Management

Continue to evolve benefit plans
    Be more agile

"Leading edge marketing analytics firm"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clear leader in the marketing mix analytics space

Cons

Office space is unable to keep pace with growth in staff

Advice to Management

Continue to commit resources to automation and R&D

"Great place to grow and get smarter"

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, smart people. Sense of camaraderie, teamwork, great planes and lots of opportunities to make a difference. Fair and balanced management. Great HR! Very impressive client list, ever changing list of challenges and lots of things to work on along with the flexibility to make yourself. Some great changes this year in processes and tools.

Cons

Location with the best views in LA and the worst traffic, but flexible hours and ability to telecommute. This is one of those cases when you hate traffic, but love it when you are in the office.

Advice to Management

Keep focus

8. "High growth company, fast-paced and flexible culture, a place where you can make an impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like working with a high growth company like MarketShare because growth brings plenty of future opportunities. Some Pro's of working here:
    - Unlimited vacation
    - Blue chip brands as customers
    - Working in marketing analytics technology and services - great for career growth
    - Chance to build the company - always looking for ways to improve, grow and scale better
    - Fun people who bring their real personalities to work (no corporate facades)
    - Benefits of a smaller company with the resources and talent you'd find in a much larger organization

Cons

We work hard. This is not a 40-hour work-week kind of place (as though that exists anywhere in the U.S., right?). You have to be the kind of person who is willing to take a self-guided career approach. You bring ideas, or make the case for something, and it will be considered. But don't count on lots of HR Programs and the like in an a la carte list. For example, someone in the office proposed a company-sponsored soccer league in NY, so we're doing it. You have to show some initiative, which I personally think is a plus.

Advice to Management

We need a more formalized approach to training, and it's great that it's underway.

"One of the best and fast growing analytics companies!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work with some of the smart marketing analytics people in the industry
    Very challenging technology operations team
    Good pay and nice facilities in office

Cons

Very fast changing environment. technology stacks changes frequently and team has to upgrade fast and quick to adapt to the changes

"Great place to learn and challenge yourself"

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You're surrounded by the smartest people in their respective industries. You always have opportunities to learn and grow. Great benefits and flexibility where if you can get your work done and deliver, nobody will bother you. Salary is fair but room for improvement. Ability to dictate your own career path and take on opportunities that you wouldn't have in a more corporate or bureaucratic organization.

Cons

If you're looking for a place that dictates your work with black and white answers, this is not the place for you. Constantly working in the gray area and dictating process and best practices as we go along. The exciting part is pioneering that, but it's not for everybody.

Advice to Management

More transparency, more communication, mentor the middle management and leadership tier better

"Love this company! Visionary leadership and excellent perks!"

Current Employee - Director of Product Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MarketShare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MarketShare is a leader in Big Data Marketing Analytics and working here is definitely an opportunity to personally learn, grow, and help shape this booming market. The leadership is extremely approachable and all ideas are openly welcome. It feels like a small start-up even though there are almost 300 employees. People are always willing to help each other by giving guidance, answering questions, or making themselves available for a spontaneous game of ping pong or pool. The collaborative environment includes whiteboard walls, couches, and state-of-the-art video conferencing capabilities that link and unify all of the global offices. Employees are highly valued and the perks include everything from generous vacation and health benefits to free gym membership and external programs for discounts on general shopping, activities, and travel. I have worked at both large enterprise and small start-up companies and this is definitely one of my favorite places so far!

Cons

I can't think of any so far.