KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MarketStorm Global Reviews

Updated Mar 19, 2021

Found 125 of over 130 reviews

3.9
MarketStorm Global CEO Gavin Walsh (no image)
Gavin Walsh
Pros
  • "Can't believe the amazing culture that is cultivated at marketstorm global(in 15 reviews)

• "work environment is constantly improving(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours but they are worth the reward(in 10 reviews)

• "This isn't a scam in the traditional sense but nobody should apply here if you have a college degree or have any professional skills at all(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great opportunity

Feb 11, 2018 - Corporate Trainer in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can't express myself enough on how more professional I became after I started working at MSG. I didn't only learn sales and marketing skills but also how to coach and develop people, as well as how to interview candidates in behalf of the company.

Cons

The hours could be a con because it is definitely not a 9 to 5 job. Also, parking downtown can be tricky.

8 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to review MarketStorm Global. We appreciate all feedback and welcome your comments. Regards, MarketStorm Global

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

poor management / good enthusiasm

Mar 19, 2021 - Recruiter in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

make sales, great pay, eh

Cons

poor structure, bad work schedule

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 2.0

"Marketing Assistant

Nov 26, 2019 - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great energy, great company if you want to learn sales techniques. You'll learn how to pitch consumers on the spot and build a strong business relationship. You will get perseverance out of this experience.

Cons

The job posting is super misleading, you basically work as sales representative for comecast xfinity. Be ready to work long hours, pitch anywhere between 200 to 300 people for 12hours within walmart or best buy hallway. You will be paid on Commissions once the service you sold is set up, which can take up to 3 weeks and an additional 2weeks to get your commission. I would avoid it if you have a a AA degree or a University Bachelor ... it will be a waste of time.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

If you're good at sales and don't mind standing for long hours... Go for it

Aug 30, 2019 - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot of sales techniques and it's like a business school and a job at the same time. People are very friendly and are willing to help you whenever you ask. You can climb up fast depending on the amount of effort you put in.

Cons

Very very very long hours. You get to the downtown office at 8am, do the trainings until about 11am and then take off to the destinations, where you spend the next 8 hours on your feet selling to people.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

CORRUPT COMPANY BEWARE

Feb 3, 2020 - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely nothing.. please stay away

Cons

Whole thing is a scam

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Corporate Trainer

Aug 4, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gavin puts 100% into his employees. Never before have I worked for someone that truly cared so much to help me develop my skill set to become better personally and professionally. He was always available before or after hours to help me get better at what I was focused on, and was always available to answer any questions I had. I appreciated how direct and honest he was about his vision for the company, and his advice for how we can all succeed within the company. His work ethic is second to none, and I learned so much about how to have a more positive and productive outlook on my life and career by watching his example. My people skills and business acumen are so much more advanced after being in his management program for the 6 months I was there. My husband had to move due to his position, so I was unable to finish the program to my disappointment. I would recommend this program to anyone that has big goals, wants to develop exceptional business skill sets, and is a driven person enjoys being around other successful minded individuals. I miss the office energy and culture, along with my daily duties everyday! I feel so fortunate that I could take what I learned at Market Storm, and apply it to my new job. They are so impressed at how I operate, and It's all the things i learned from Gavin and his team.

Cons

I really cannot think of any negatives. Everything i experienced was a valuable experience.

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hey thanks for leaving us a cool review! It is awesome to see how much our CEO helped you to improve and taught you new skills. It's great to see you recommend our opportunities! Thanks so much for your feedback and we wish you all the best!

7. 5.0

Professional, Personal & Ambiance Experience

Nov 19, 2015 - Corporate Trainer in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The environment in this office is inescapably ecstatic, and this is something that I personally experienced since my first day interview which was handled timely, professionally and with a friendly attitude by one of the managers. The overall attitude and work ethic from the managers, corporate trainers, and account executives never fails to amaze me, everyone is always excited, positive and ready to work. A very important thing to keep in mind is that a student mentality, positivity and consistently responsible work ethic are main factors that play in this office and it's what keeps everything balanced and consistently growing. The opportunities to grow personally and travel are always present, the office makes sure of creating a helpful, learning and competitive environment where anyone can have the chance to be promoted and be a part of business trips. I'm really grateful and excited to be a part of such a supportive and amazing family.

Cons

The office is located in Downtown Miami meaning I experience traffic jams pretty much everyday, but that is something uncontrollable, I recommend adding 30 minutes to every estimated arrival time when heading for an interview or to work. Also, parking can be a bit of a problem reasons why I recommend arriving a bit earlier to avoid missing an interview or getting to work late.

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hey, thanks for leaving us such a lovely review! We loved reading how you enjoy the office environment and positive attitude of our team! That traffic advice is also great to any other candidates! We definitely aim to keep growing! Thanks again!

8. 2.0

Do not believe the hype

Mar 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only reason I give this company 2 stars is because you do learn some valuable marketing techniques during the morning meetings and evening reviews. There is a contagious energy they provide in meetings to try and keep you motivated.

Cons

The advertisement for this job is very misleading as are most of the reviews you see on here for the company. These are probably people from management within the company posting these positive reviews because they know people refer to Glassdoor for information regarding the company. I applied thinking that I was going to be able to market for a sports company, turns out you just market for Comcast in various Walmarts and Best Buys. Its a pyramid scheme type of company which the people at the top benefit the most, which is why they recruit feverishly to train people and add to their employment numbers. You are only paid if you sell Comcast packages and people actually retain those deals without canceling within the first 30 days. Your first paycheck will take at least a month to get to you and it will not be what you think it should be for working 11 hour days 6 days a week! If your into working pyramid schemes dependent on your recruiting abilities then this may be for you.Good luck getting your money once you leave the company as well.

28 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hey, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. However, we are concerned by some aspects of your experience with us. Firstly, we would like to make it clear that we are not a pyramid scheme - such schemes are illegal and this is not what MarketStorm Global is about. We work on behalf of clients as you know and we do not require payment to sell their products. Also if you are still waiting on money - it usually takes 2 weeks to transfer - please contact the office and we will be happy to help sort this for you.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

100% HONESTY WINS EVERY TIME!

Feb 22, 2017 - Leader in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been blessed to have the opportunity to build the foundations up for entrepreneurship that I had originally implored throughout college. Nothing beats actual experience though! The skills I have been equipped with in just 3 months of my tenure here have been more helpful to my career than 4 years of undergraduate studies. Through communication, leadership, systematic training, coaching, and recruitment I have gotten a minor MBA! The environment is fast paced, and also filled with positive, ambitious people who allow me to express myself. The team cares about my goals, and keep them in line with our team goals, which is something I have never been accustomed too, and I owe my progression to the team and the owner of the company because they have coached and made sure I became a household name in the Miami office.

Cons

If you are not willing to commit to yourself and your goals then a career in the company might not be best suited for you. Those that I have seen progress in the company have the characteristics of maintaining a great attitude, work ethic and sound mindset.

6 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience with us! It's amazing to see that you have learnt so much with us in such a short space of time! We are pleased to see you find our people positive and ambitious - we do too! Thanks for your advice!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Rare Lifetime Opportunity!

May 22, 2016 - Corporate Trainer in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had no Idea when I applied that I was going to be: Pleasently Surprised, from my first Oservation. I was taken aback by the Enthousiastic Cammaraderie and the Compettive Family type Atmosphere. Market Storm Global presents a unique Opportunity to Learn not only a Simple Proven System that Guarantees Success within the Organization, but also in Life in general if Applied. In an Era when Venture Venture has been on the Decline in the last couple of decades as a matter of Creating your Own Future and that of your Family, this Organization Presents you with an Engineus Oppprtunity to do just that in a rather fast pace when compared with the Traditional work place if you take matters in your own hands. I have personnally witnessed Colleagues Create those Opportunities for themselves within Months.

Cons

More Talents should e Exposed to this Work Format and more misconceptions of Sales and Direct Marketing debunked.

11 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hey, thanks for leaving us such a cool review! We love reading that you were pleasantly surprised by our business opportunity! We take pride in our competitive and friendly atmosphere as this is something which believe helps our employees to work better! Thanks again! And keep up the good work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews