MarketStorm Global Reviews

Updated Feb 3, 2020

3.8
MarketStorm Global CEO Gavin Walsh (no image)
Gavin Walsh
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours but they are worth the reward(in 10 reviews)

• "This isn't a scam in the traditional sense but nobody should apply here if you have a college degree or have any professional skills at all(in 10 reviews)

"Great opportunity"

5.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Miami, FL

I have been working at MarketStorm Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't express myself enough on how more professional I became after I started working at MSG. I didn't only learn sales and marketing skills but also how to coach and develop people, as well as how to interview candidates in behalf of the company.

Cons

The hours could be a con because it is definitely not a 9 to 5 job. Also, parking downtown can be tricky.

April 20, 2018CEO

Thank you for taking the time to review MarketStorm Global. We appreciate all feedback and welcome your comments. Regards, MarketStorm Global

"CORRUPT COMPANY BEWARE"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at MarketStorm Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing.. please stay away

Cons

Whole thing is a scam

""Marketing Assistant"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at MarketStorm Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great energy, great company if you want to learn sales techniques. You'll learn how to pitch consumers on the spot and build a strong business relationship. You will get perseverance out of this experience.

Cons

The job posting is super misleading, you basically work as sales representative for comecast xfinity. Be ready to work long hours, pitch anywhere between 200 to 300 people for 12hours within walmart or best buy hallway. You will be paid on Commissions once the service you sold is set up, which can take up to 3 weeks and an additional 2weeks to get your commission. I would avoid it if you have a a AA degree or a University Bachelor ... it will be a waste of time.

4. "If you're good at sales and don't mind standing for long hours... Go for it"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at MarketStorm Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn a lot of sales techniques and it's like a business school and a job at the same time. People are very friendly and are willing to help you whenever you ask. You can climb up fast depending on the amount of effort you put in.

Cons

Very very very long hours. You get to the downtown office at 8am, do the trainings until about 11am and then take off to the destinations, where you spend the next 8 hours on your feet selling to people.

"Scammy job based on all commission"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at MarketStorm Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

None at all terrible experience

Cons

Pushing Comcast on Walmart, Best Buy, etc. Customers

"This is a SCAM!!!!!"

I have been working at MarketStorm Global

Pros

No reason to ever work here.

Cons

Everything is so horrible with this company. This is a TOTAL SCAM. Do not waste one second here. I interviewed and they tried to make it seem as if they are so important. I had to stand in heels all day at WALMART. Worst day ever. Can’t say worse things. HORRIBLE.

June 22, 2018CEO

"SCAM"

I worked at MarketStorm Global part-time

Pros

NO PROS in the company

Cons

The company is a total SCAM. First, in the interview they sell you the company as the best marketing company in Florida but when you look into it and investigates you found out is a total SCAM. They don't give you important information and when you ask for it they avoided; for example the working hours and they salary. Also, you have to drive a lot and you will have to pay your expenses. In my opinion this company is not legit and ZERO professional. Do not believe in the job postings, none of the positions listed there are actually jobs, there is only ONE job and it is to sell Xfinity in Walmart

May 4, 2018CEO

Thank you for taking the time to review MarketStorm Global. Please note that we operate with full transparency from our initial interview with potential employees. We always provide information about our roles and answer any questions at the interview stage. We are sorry you felt this opportunity was not for you, we wish you every luck in your future endeavours. MarketStorm Global

"Class action lawsuit"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer

I worked at MarketStorm Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros requires 5 words. There are none.

Cons

Now involved in a class action lawsuit for not paying employees (on w2) that said they were "independent contractors". They pay 100% commission for 12 hrs day work 6 days a week with no base or overtime. That's against the Florida state law. Be careful of pyramid schemes and how these companies operate. No benefits or compensation for travel with your own vehicle.

April 13, 2018CEO

Thank you for taking the time to review MarketStorm Global. I would like to take this opportunity to make it clear that MarketStorm Global is NOT involved in any lawsuits. Our employees are not independent contractors, all are employed. I believe you may have MarketStorm Global confused with an alternative company. MarketStorm Global is not and never has been in breach of any Florida State law. We wish you every luck in your future endeavors. Regards, MarketStorm Global

"Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Miami, FL

I have been working at MarketStorm Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome place to work, love the environment and the opportunities to grow . Since I started I've been learning a lot

Cons

Everything is alright, for me.

"Hmmm"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Miami, FL

I worked at MarketStorm Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn a lot just from the interview process. High energy and positive people. Everyone is friendly and welcoming. Professional environment.

Cons

This is a 100% commission job. Advertising for the job/ position are a bit misleading. Everyone starts as an “Account Executive”

Found 125 reviews