Marketing Architects Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chuck Hengel

1. "Really Special Place To Work"

Pros

Has everything you want in a small <75 company. Good people, small perks, energetic culture. Everyone is working with the same goal in mind. Senior leadership team has open and honest communications. Company culture is to try things.. and its OK to fail.. its all about learning and adjusting to the ever changing world we live in.

Cons

None that i can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and transparency. Feels good to be apart of somewhere where you feel like you can make a impact .

2. "Great Company with Wonderful People"

Pros

Marketing Architects has all of the benefits of a small company: a comfortable atmosphere, dedicated employees, and caring coworkers that work well together. I enjoyed my summer internship at MA, because I was treated with respect, I was given responsibilities, and I was rewarded for my hard work by the approval of my superiors. MA is amazing in its ability to get ahead of the curve and strive for more and greater success.

Cons

I didn't have any negative experiences during my internship.

Advice to Management

Keep up the friendly and rewarding atmosphere!

3. "Excellent Company, Very Intelligent People!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Marketing Architects full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Marketing Architects is a great place to work and has a wonderful culture.. The employees are some of the most intelligent, creative, and kind people I have ever met and people seem to work extremely well together. Perhaps most impressive about "MarkArch", as we call it, is it's ability to move quickly and make impactful changes happen almost instantly. I think this is why it has not only survived, but thrived, for so long.

Cons

At times it felt like the different areas of the company were quite disconnected from each other. But I suppose this is normal in any company that is as diverse as Marketing Architects.

5. "Wonderful values, culture, and people"

Pros

Marketing Architects does a really good job hiring employees. Everyone brings value to the company and simply does what they are there to do. It's amazing working in this environment, there is no micro-managing, no dictator, and productivity comes from many channels. Marketing Architects also takes care of employees. Health care, vacation time, retirement program, phone, and other perks are given. Change is embraced at Marketing Architects, it keeps the environment challenging and keeps a competitive edge over competition.

Cons

I don't really have any cons... Everyone at Marketing Architects works hard, so if you aren't into working hard and new challenges, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Focus on the agency. At times, the product business felt like it received too much attention. Don't forget where your roots and strengths.

6. "Talent required..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Marketing Architects full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Smart people. Really smart. I've often heard from friends that employers seek out MA employees because they're perfectly groomed to rock whatever they're going to be thrown into. I have contact with outside vendors and they are always saying that we outshine all of their other vendors.

We are a very tenured group. Overall a pretty young company but I would say average tenure is 5-10 years.

I'll boil it down...
    Here is why I stay:
    - I like going to work
    - I'm listened to and always have been
    - I can think on my own
    - The people
    - My compensation
    - I get to see the result of my work, every day
    - Work/life balance is good. When I need to leave, I do. When I need to be here, I am.

Cons

I don't know that this is a con, but this is an accountable environment with on the level feedback and I guess I'll just say that's not for everyone. Coming from a company where there was virtually no accountability and I was banging my head against the wall - feeling like I was the only one that cared, it's personally refreshing. Here's the thing... some people can't cut it and get REAL bitter on their way out. Even if they quit on their own terms.

It's not cut throat like if you don't put up the numbers, you're immediately gone, but you're DEFINITELY held accountable to being innovative, being buttoned up, and being able to prove that you've made a difference.

Change can come quickly. If change freaks you out, stay away. This place is constantly assessing what they think will make us more successful and we will change direction if necessary.

Advice to Management

Advance more digital capabilities?

"Not great"

I worked at Marketing Architects full-time

Pros

Small - medium sized company
    Privately owned
    Nice building/work environment

Cons

Upper management is very nepotistic.
    Not a good work/life balance - even though they may say there is.
    Take themselves VERY seriously and you must "dress up" and look professional every day, even though you may NEVER see clients.
    If you ever get on your managers "bad side" - you're done for.

"More than I bargained for!"

Pros

This was my second "real" job after college. From the get go I was given room to take risks and make independent decisions. Was I held accountable? YES! Was I allowed to make mistakes and learn from them? YES! It’s always been about the work at MA and I appreciate the fact that drama is not generally accepted here. Your career path is dependent on what your contributions are, not who you’re having cocktails with after work.

Cons

This place still very much embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of a start up. As a result change is necessary. I think with that the front lines can be caught off guard when a course correction is taken.

Advice to Management

We have very clear direction and bench marks this year and momentum is building. Find more ways to share with the company how we are doing as well as what needs more focus.

"MA Review"

I have been working at Marketing Architects full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

From the day I came across the unconventional, most honestly written job posting, to the seven interviews with eight people (a process I ended up being grateful for), I knew this was where I was supposed to be.

I’ve had the opportunity to work closely to the majority of our executive team over the years and can confidently say I’ve never worked with a group of individuals more dedicated to doing what they feel is in the best interest of the company. With that comes tough, and sometimes, unpopular decisions.

I’ve always said one week at Marketing Architects is equivalent to three, elsewhere. We move fast, which means we make decisions and act on them. When they work, we all reap the rewards. When they don’t, we recognize where we went wrong, which usually includes a good laugh, redirect and move forward. There is a no fear approach, which I’ve really come to appreciate.

We employ a smart group of people. One of my favorite parts of that is the opportunity to learn here is unlike any other, if you’re willing to recognize it.

Cons

We are not the right fit for everyone, but we’re honest about that. MA is a tough environment if you’re looking to punch a clock and blend in all day. Those that love this company are not built like that.

"A good kind of crazy."

I have been working at Marketing Architects full-time

Pros

Working here has been one of the best choices of my life. It's challenging as all heck, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cons

Definitely not for everybody. This place is the island of misfit toys. Some people thrive in this culture, others soon realize it's not for them.

"It is all smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Operations in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Operations in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Marketing Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met a few smart people there. There is a small group of us looking forward to taking this business model and starting our own company.

Cons

While the job has it's positive rewards such as salary, this is quickly where the bucks stops. The continual barrage of negativity from upper management was never ending.

If you read the 3-4 prior reviews to this one, I can assure you they are either fake or were coerced by the executives.

Advice to Management

Any advice given will be immediately dismissed.