Marketing Challenges International Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Marketing Director"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

I worked at Marketing Challenges International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I learnt a lot while working at MCIntl. I stayed with the company for about 6 years and evolved from an intern position to a director position. I was able to travel nationally and internationally and meet a ton of interesting people from different countries. The meetings and conventions industry is a demanding industry in terms of hours, but a rewarding one. It is a small company, so the tasks are varied and we worked really closely as a team. Even though I had no experience in the industry, the owners were patient with me and trained me extensively. The office setting is very cool and filled with art from around the world.

Cons

It is a demanding industry in terms of time invested. You have to be willing to travel and work some weekends. It is just the reality of the travel industry. Because it is a rather small company, the opportunity to move up is more limited than in a giant firm, which again is most of the time the case in such a specific industry.

Advice to Management

My advice is NOT to management, BUT to future employees: Like in any work place, do not expect everything for nothing. Like anywhere else, give the best of yourself at all times and try to improve your performances and learn from your mistakes. That is one of the things I have learnt during my experience at MCIntl.

"Great opprtunity!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Marketing Challenges International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

#1 company in their industry. New york location. Cool office. Lots of traveling: domestic and international. Travel industry meeting lots of new people. 2 passionate owners.

Cons

Working sometime weekends when traveling in the us or abroad for trade shows and roadshows with clients. Very detail oriented so if not in your nature can take some getting used to.

Advice to Management

More dress down days when clients are not visiting.

"Insane Management and Bad Business Practices"

Pros

There really are no positive aspects of working at this company. Maybe summer Fridays...but only if you actually leave on time.

Cons

- Suffering from PTSD
    - Dissecting and rewriting every email from people that do not speak English as a first language
    - Belittling and berating employees in front of others
    - Negative comments on physical appearance
    - Jungle themed office
    - Outdated office and equipment (still using filing cabinets and index cards!)
    - Being trained by interns
    - No flexibility in process or procedure

Advice to Management

Be nice to your employees, do not harass them and belittle them in front of the others and stop making everyone dress up to sit at a desk all day!

"Terrible!"

Pros

Hmmmm.... I'm not sure about any! They don't even pay for the days you worked you after you leave the company....

Cons

The worst experience in my life... I wouldn't recommend it to my enemy! Management is terrible, people hate their jobs and their 2 bosses...

Advice to Management

Stop torturing your employes!

"Worst Experience Ever"

Pros

If you are looking to be ridiculed, used a scapegoat for their terrible errors, and enjoy bring talked down to every day, this is the place for you

Cons

The two jokers running the place are an embarrassing disgrace in front of clients. You just want to cringe and usually have to apologize for their behavior at the end of the meeting. Every email you send is scrutinized and rewritten in the most horrible way. I did not experience this much, but the other staff were belittled daily and forced to change their writing style

Advice to Management

Retire

"Good place to start off"

I have been working at Marketing Challenges International (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours, good location in new york, nice office.

Cons

benefits offered but you pay on your own. salaries are low.

"Don't do it!"

Pros

Free breakfast on Fridays and Summer Fridays from June-August.

Cons

Senior management speaking down to you, micromanagement to the extreme, inflated titles and salaries.

8. "One Good Start !"

I worked at Marketing Challenges International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great start in one's professional life and a good learning experience. Lots of room for working on your planning, organisational & communication skills. International exposure so for those interested that is a BIG+.
    Achievements and good work are appreciated and open the door to more responsabilites.

Cons

Attention to detail a must, but gives you a much needed methodology you will use throughout your career.

9. "Great Experience"

I worked at Marketing Challenges International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for the company for more than 5 years. The company are experts within their industry and have a top list of international clients. They were my first job after I graduated from college. I enjoyed the international and domestic travel. It was a great learning environment. I am now in a senior management role. The skills I learned in terms of presentation, business reporting, time management continue to be useful today. Some perks are summer hours with shortended Fridays . Christmas time is very festive with great company events. They have an open styled office that is a must see.

Cons

Clients are demanding with most of them working in different time zones than the New York base office. This drives a very detailed oriented environment. When you travel daily reports are required which can make the days longer.

Advice to Management

Consider additional benefits to reward employees: gym, points for travel etc

10. "Micromanagement leading to bad experience"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Antibes (France)
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Antibes (France)

I worked at Marketing Challenges International (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office location in Manhattan, enjoyable summer hours

Cons

Besides the two pros listed above, working at mcintl can turn into a real nightmare. The management there is extremely poor and often makes employees cry. They don't trust you and make you feel stupid. Don't work there!

Advice to Management

"Business is business" but show a little bit of humanity to your employees.