Marketing Consultants of Orlando Reviews | Glassdoor

Ashley Allen

1. "Human Resources"

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Merritt Island, FL
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Merritt Island, FL

I worked at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a graduate from UCF's Communication program, and I interned with Marketing Consultants of Orlando during the summer of 2015 as a Human Resources Intern. I would recommend interning with this company to anyone. I learned so much here, and as a result, I grew both personally and professionally. If you are interested in Human Resources, or Marketing and Sales, then please look into this company. I have just landed an entry level role with a great company in HR because of my schooling and THIS internship. I have the foundation to start a career in recruiting and on-boarding. Thank you Marketing Consultants of Orlando!

Cons

I don't have any downsides to share. You will have a positive experience if you intern with this company.

May 15, 2017 – Intern

We love having interns in our office and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us! It is always rewarding knowing we helped our interns and gave them knowledge and lessons they can implement into ... More

2. "Marketing Consultants of Orlando is now MCO INC"

I worked at Marketing Consultants of Orlando full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None this company has recently relocated and changed its name to cover its horrible reviews.

Marketing Consultants of Orlando is now MCO INC

Cons

This is a door to door sales job that they try to cover up in a misleading interview process. The only good reviews on here are writing by employees after management tells them the only way they will receive their training bonus is if they write positive reviews.

Marketing Consultants of Orlando is now MCO INC

3. "Corporate trainer"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (More than a year)

Pros

Will literally turn you into a terrible person that is capable of ruining lives. Both yours and those around you. Please I sincerely urge you to reconsider your time here.

Cons

Will turn you into a terrible person if you stay long enough. Will not only not pay you honestly, will lie to your face, talk about you behind your back, be a black dark spot on your life, and will honestly surround you with the worst Orlando and other marketing companies have to offer. Please I urge you to stay unemployed than to spend one minute with this poor company that will regard you with less respect than a trash can.

Advice to Management

Please pay out to your previous employees and stop ruining people's lives to get a quick buck. It's not worth losing all sense of class, dignity, and respect. Money is fleeting and your time on earth would seriously be better spent as McDonald's than wasting the time of those you come into contact with.

May 15, 2017 – Intern

We are sorry to hear that your time with us impacted you negatively. We always encourage our employees to discuss work related issues with our Human Resources team so we can improve and decipher any ... More

4. "Scam"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marketing Consultants of Orlando (Less than a year)

Pros

None it was all bad

Cons

The whole structure, makes you ride around town all day.

May 15, 2017 – Intern

In regards to "[riding] around town all day", we do inform interviewees in all 3 interviews and during their shadowing period that driving is a part of your role in our office. We apologize if there ... More

5. "This is a door-to-door sales job, don't be fooled!!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marketing Consultants of Orlando full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Possibility to earn a lot of money and to move up in the company quixjly

Cons

You are selling at&t services door to door for 8 hours a day. Dealing with angry homeowners all day. They are very sneaky to not use the words "door to door sales" and rook you into working a full day for no money in order to try it out.

Advice to Management

Be way more upfront about what this job actually is. If you won't even say what the actual job title is because it will scare people away, then maybe it's not a job anybody actually wants.

May 15, 2017 – Intern

Thank you for giving feedback about how we might improve efficiency and overall employee satisfaction in our office. However, we only meet with homeowners who are current AT&T customers. We would ... More

"THESE REVIEWS ARE ALL FAKE. RUN!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

There are none. Get out and run.

Cons

This is a huge scam, commission only door to door. They lead you to think it's not, but that's what it is. There's no other pay option. Work 12-10 5 days a week with most of it being outside. No reimbursement on gas or anything.

May 15, 2017 – Intern

We are sorry to see you have such a negative outlook on our office. We do inform interviewees that this is a commission based job that includes speaking with current AT&T customers all day. We also ... More

"All positive reviews written by owner"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Marketing Consultants of Orlando full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, you get to hang out with a bunch of delusional millennials that repeat the garbage the owner told them.

Cons

Crazy long hours, getting kicked out of neighborhoods by cops, threatened, employees and management are delusional psychos.

Advice to Management

Quit.

Jul 15, 2016 – President / CEO

Our Employees are very important to us. We never put them in any sort of danger. We apologize if you feel any sort of discrimination.

"Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - FLORIDA in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - FLORIDA in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marketing Consultants of Orlando full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It give you the experience and motivation to keep pushing to get promoted and to learn from all the failures and successes. Personally it is a great company to work for and if you want to learn more it is a great experience

It gives someone with entry level experience a chance to gain experience and move into management roles very quickly.

Cons

Having more Spanish speakers would help them more.

Advice to Management

Keep like it is, professional and with like student mentality

May 15, 2017 – Intern

Thank you for your review. We love having bilingual team members and are always looking for more!

"promoting leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

you work on your on time..

Cons

Not a business professional environment

May 15, 2017 – Intern

We pride ourselves on building and maintaining a business professional environment both in the office and out in the field. We make sure to review business professional expectations with all our new ... More

"Don't be Fooled. This is an $8/hour Door to Door Sales Job"

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marketing Consultants of Orlando full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great fun atmosphere. Good group of ambitious energetic co-workers. Good sales training. Big promises for success. LOTS of door to door sales "opportunities."
    You get to work 60-70 hours a week for about $600 in commissions (before taxes)....(and expenses) which turns into less than $10/hour.
    You get to work for about 3 weeks before you get your first pay check!

Cons

The bullet points:
    1.) You will work an average of 11 hour days for 6 days a week.
    2.) You will be doing door to door sales selling TV/Internet/Phone services.
    3.) Average sales commissions are $100 dollars a day. (Before taxes)
    4.) You will drive your own vehicle from the office to sales territory (between 30 to 60 minutes one way) Company does NOT pay gas, tolls, or mileage fee. You will have to wait until you file your taxes next year to write it off (not a 100% reimbursement) so keep good records.

LOOK AROUND! EVERYBODY IN THE OFFICE IS BROKE, DRIVES A OLD BROKEN CAR, AND HAS A FAILED PERSONAL LIFE. They are not bad people, but they are not successful either.

I should have trusted my gut. It was too good to be true. It wreaked of a pyramid scheme, and while there is absolutely NOTHING illegal about what is going on in the office, they do prey on the hopes and dreams of people desperate for employment and advancement. NEVER forget you are being SOLD on a system. Take a look around and you will quickly see that this place is a revolving door of applicants. Kiss your friends and family good-bye because you won't see them at all, except on Sunday. (Working on Sunday to get your sales up is encouraged.)

How it works:
    1.) You start with an unpaid training day after being "selected" from a field of 24 candidates.
    2.) You are not told what you will ACTUALLY be doing for work.
    3.) On your training day, your "trainer" will take you out into the field and explain the opportunities for advancement and how you will be running your own office in 12-18 months and making a six-figure salary! Wow!
    4.) You will be told about and will meet several people that are at various rungs along the ladder.
    5.) They will show you a piece of paper with a bunch of circles on it that shows the progression from:
    TRAINEE all the way to MILLIONAIRE!!!! Again.....WOW!
    6.) You are told that your work ethic and your attitude are the only things that you can control and that you are the key to your own success.
    7.) To get "promoted" you have to average 6 sales a week.
    If you fail to get your minimum number of sales for the week you are demoted one level.
    It continues like this for over a year, all the way through the coveted Assistant Manager position where you are still expected to be selling door to door in the field (using your own car, gas, and expenses) while also taking on more and more "Management" work which includes baiting along the newest group of recruits to pad the income of the ONE person at the top of the pyramid. BUT your income is still ONLY BASED ON SELLING TV/Internet packages door to door.

You are baited along with promises of being "Your own boss." Making huge amounts of consulting fees, sales bonuses, training trips to exotic places, and with excerpts from Tony Robinson books. You are made to feel that if you "just stick with it" you will be making tons of money in just 18 months.

The truth is almost nobody (1 in 100) lasts through the year.

Advice to Management

I would say "Be up front with your employees" but without this constant supply of cheap labor the pyramid crumbles.

May 15, 2017 – Intern

We appreciate you being clear about your concerns and we will happily address them. Most jobs take approximately 3 weeks to send out paychecks to new team members due to the processing and verifying ... More