Marketing Instincts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Geri Fratello

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Big name clients and projects make me proud to work here (in 6 reviews)

• You work with big name brands and get see their marketing products before they are released to the public (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The turnover rate is so high its almost laughable and certainly not professional (in 4 reviews)

• The management team writes their own "awesome" reviews to get new hires, it's so pathetic (in 3 reviews)

"Fast-paced environment"

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time

Pros

I’m someone who likes fast-paced environments. So, working here really keeps me on my toes with the deadlines and switching from project to project. I enjoy the team work and creativity involved in every project. We think out loud together and are constantly shooting off ideas that come to our mind. We work with a lot of cool companies so that is also interesting. If you like video games, this would be an awesome place to work. They work with big name clients such as Microsoft.

Cons

If you don’t like fast-paced environments, this might be challenging for you. It also is a very loud environment because we do a lot of team work. So, if you like to sit in a cubicle by yourself with not much interaction, this would be a hard place to work. It is a demanding job, so be prepared to work hard!

Advice to Management

Offering wireless headsets. We do a lot of talking on the phone to other companies, so this would make it a lot easier.

2. "Absolute worst company!!!! Don't do it"

I worked at Marketing Instincts full-time

Pros

There are no pros

Cons

Dealing with the owner is a nightmare
    The only good reviews are left by the recruiter
    The PM thinks she is everyone's boss and is terrible to work with.
    Expect to work 12 hr days every day

"Light bright modern office"

Current Employee - Marketing in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of windows floor to ceiling. I know that seems insignificant but I came from a cubicle maze environment where you couldn't tell if it was light or dark outside. I love the openness and modern style office.

Cons

If you sit near the creative team they can be loud and distracting. Lots of chit chatting and joking all day is fun but for the people sitting near them it gets old. We laugh and joke too don't get me wrong. But it's not non stop. Moving them to the new building and putting some distance between them and the rest of us helped a lot.

Advice to Management

We understand creative is different and they can be productive while talking and joking non stop. But for the rest of us working in spread sheets and needing to focus it is better to have their dept more separated from the others. At the end of construction when the locations of the different depts are finalized please keep this in mind.

"Warehouse Associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros. Horrible company. Bad business . Bad training.

Cons

I got the job work about 3 week. Never work full time hour. I'm a full time employee. My manager told me I should file for unemployment insurance benefits due to lack of work. Now 5 months later they call me asking me to come to work. Of course I have 2 jobs already. I wasn't sure I still work there. Very unprofessional. That's the reason they have 20 job positions available now. No one was sure what's going on. We work there or we don't. Very bad communication.

Advice to Management

Don't do it!!!

"Great team environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The teams are great and everyone seems committed to the work, the company, and coworkers. You can volunteer to take on new and upcoming projects and work with multiple departments to learn new skills.

Cons

You're busy and engaged with new projects and changes arising daily. If you're not flexible or don't want a challenge, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and allowing us to assist each other in multiple departments so we can collaborate and share ideas.

"Production"

Current Employee - International Production in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - International Production in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The chances to work on pop culture events and game/show launches are really cool.
    There's some room to grow and work across many departments.
    The big name clients can make for exciting opportunities, both for portfolio pieces and day to day operations.
    The company isn't just growing: it's evolving.
    Very exciting to see the direction/focus shift.

Cons

The work environment can be challenging more often than not.
    Prepare for the MOST insane deadlines, this is not an exaggeration.
    Push yourself to match the pace and you'll do wonders!

Advice to Management

Trust your staff to make their own decisions more.
    Hire new managers so that the current management team can go back to their actual duties or put department leads in place to each take up more slices of the responsibility.
    Every seat will tell you they couldn't count the hats they wear on one hand.

"committed loyal team"

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time

Pros

Enjoy working with such a committed, loyal team. Everyone here really cares and is excited about our growth and where the company is going. Many of our new hires come from current staff referrals which I think adds to the comradery. Its remarkable what we make happen everyday. Strategic thinkers. Our team is second to none.

Cons

Fast paced and busy but that really makes the day go by so quickly. There are only some parts of the year when it slows down.

Advice to Management

Balance the new hires between the different depts in the licensed merchandise division.

"Strategic thinkers here"

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time

Pros

Enjoy working with such a committed, loyal team. Everyone here really cares and is excited about our growth and where the company is going. Its remarkable what we make happen everyday working together towards the same goal. Strategic thinkers. Our team is second to none.

Cons

There isn't any travel in most of the depts. and positions. I've been here for several years and haven't had the opportunity to travel once.

Advice to Management

Offer stand up desks.

"Worst Company EVER"

I worked at Marketing Instincts part-time

Pros

They have some cool products.

Cons

President/CEO is unreasonable. Long Work Hours. Lack of trust and heavy micro managing. Terrible culture, lots of swearing/cussing in the office.

"Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Temecula, CA

I worked at Marketing Instincts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do make some really cool products and have a lot of big name clients. This could lead to some exciting portfolio pieces. This company also had a really talented and supportive art team. I learned so much from them while I was there. They are the only reason I stayed longer then a week.

Cons

Although they put out some good stuff it wasn't worth the pain, sweat, and tears to get it there. The main manager is the biggest problem in this company. This person was rude, disrespectful, and condescending. Although they were probably a really good sales person they made the worst manager I have ever worked with. Instead of having different departments run by people that knew what they were doing they had this one person micro manage and "big brother is always watching" over you questioning what you're doing. The company doesn't believe in training new staff and having a new employee grace period. They also scream at people when they're feeling lost/confused in a very convoluted company. The turnover rate here is insane. During my month and a half there 4 staff members left. Half of those employees left mysteriously with no one even knowing why.The other half rage quit, which I have never seen happen. The bulk of the company had only worked there for a few months. They want the art team to be creative yet yell at them for taking any amount of time on a project. Creativity and good quality work takes time. When people are rushed they make mistakes, which could be this company's motto. Also beware when you get your salary. I went in with a goal number. They offered me close to what I wanted, but they don't ask you to work a normal 40hr week. You have to work a 50hr week. After doing the math my salary wasn't near where I thought. They are constanty requiring ot, but they don't pay you for it. They don't directly ask you to work the extra hours, but they frown and imply you'll be fired if you don't. They must have some weird loopholes because it all seemed fishily illegal to me. After weeks of getting verbaly abused I finaly lost it and got into an argument with the manager. That's the first time I have ever stepped out of line at work. I decided that day that I was leaving. This company will make you hate yourself, your work there, and what you do in general. Its just one big abusive relationship so stay clear and get out!

Advice to Management

Trust your staff!! You have some really talented people there. For example you have a really talented and knowledgable senior artist. Instead of having one person micro manage your whole company let people like this person run specific portions of your company. You've been around for a long time and yet the company felt like a crazy mis-managed start-up. Either re-structure or expand and hire more staff. TRAIN NEW EMPLOYEES!!! If you want the company to really run smooth build a competent long term team that jives. One look at your turnover rate and it's no wonder your company is such a ridiculous mess. Treat your staff like decent human beings and compensate them appropriatly for their work.