Marketing Instincts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Geri Fratello

Pros
  • They do make some really cool products and have a lot of big name clients (in 5 reviews)

• Very exciting to see the direction/focus shift (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The turnover rate is so high its almost laughable and certainly not professional (in 4 reviews)

• The management team writes their own "awesome" reviews to get new hires, it's so pathetic (in 3 reviews)

"Great team environment"

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The teams are great and everyone seems committed to the work, the company, and coworkers. You can volunteer to take on new and upcoming projects and work with multiple departments to learn new skills.

Cons

You're busy and engaged with new projects and changes arising daily. If you're not flexible or don't want a challenge, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and allowing us to assist each other in multiple departments so we can collaborate and share ideas.

2. "Sales driven"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get the opportunity to work with major leading entertainment companies on a daily basis. I get the chance to work with trending and swag products and pitch to clients like MTV, iHeartRadio, Sony and more. Heavy project management is involved and staying organized is the key to success. The company is growing tremendously and it's exciting to see new team members in the company, which adds more comradery to the departments.

Cons

It's definitely a challenge to keep up with many projects, but if you're looking for a challenge in your career, than this is the place to be!

3. "Fun, fast-paced work environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment to work in. I interact with multiple departments to meet very strict deadlines. It very fast-paced but we all get along and know how to have fun too. It's exciting to see the company grow and adding more to the departments to off-set the workload.

Cons

It can be a challenge to meet deadlines, but you make it happen.

"Production"

Current Employee - International Production in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - International Production in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The chances to work on pop culture events and game/show launches are really cool.
    There's some room to grow and work across many departments.
    The big name clients can make for exciting opportunities, both for portfolio pieces and day to day operations.
    The company isn't just growing: it's evolving.
    Very exciting to see the direction/focus shift.

Cons

The work environment can be challenging more often than not.
    Prepare for the MOST insane deadlines, this is not an exaggeration.
    Push yourself to match the pace and you'll do wonders!

Advice to Management

Trust your staff to make their own decisions more.
    Hire new managers so that the current management team can go back to their actual duties or put department leads in place to each take up more slices of the responsibility.
    Every seat will tell you they couldn't count the hats they wear on one hand.

"Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Temecula, CA

I worked at Marketing Instincts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do make some really cool products and have a lot of big name clients. This could lead to some exciting portfolio pieces. This company also had a really talented and supportive art team. I learned so much from them while I was there. They are the only reason I stayed longer then a week.

Cons

Although they put out some good stuff it wasn't worth the pain, sweat, and tears to get it there. The main manager is the biggest problem in this company. This person was rude, disrespectful, and condescending. Although they were probably a really good sales person they made the worst manager I have ever worked with. Instead of having different departments run by people that knew what they were doing they had this one person micro manage and "big brother is always watching" over you questioning what you're doing. The company doesn't believe in training new staff and having a new employee grace period. They also scream at people when they're feeling lost/confused in a very convoluted company. The turnover rate here is insane. During my month and a half there 4 staff members left. Half of those employees left mysteriously with no one even knowing why.The other half rage quit, which I have never seen happen. The bulk of the company had only worked there for a few months. They want the art team to be creative yet yell at them for taking any amount of time on a project. Creativity and good quality work takes time. When people are rushed they make mistakes, which could be this company's motto. Also beware when you get your salary. I went in with a goal number. They offered me close to what I wanted, but they don't ask you to work a normal 40hr week. You have to work a 50hr week. After doing the math my salary wasn't near where I thought. They are constanty requiring ot, but they don't pay you for it. They don't directly ask you to work the extra hours, but they frown and imply you'll be fired if you don't. They must have some weird loopholes because it all seemed fishily illegal to me. After weeks of getting verbaly abused I finaly lost it and got into an argument with the manager. That's the first time I have ever stepped out of line at work. I decided that day that I was leaving. This company will make you hate yourself, your work there, and what you do in general. Its just one big abusive relationship so stay clear and get out!

Advice to Management

Trust your staff!! You have some really talented people there. For example you have a really talented and knowledgable senior artist. Instead of having one person micro manage your whole company let people like this person run specific portions of your company. You've been around for a long time and yet the company felt like a crazy mis-managed start-up. Either re-structure or expand and hire more staff. TRAIN NEW EMPLOYEES!!! If you want the company to really run smooth build a competent long term team that jives. One look at your turnover rate and it's no wonder your company is such a ridiculous mess. Treat your staff like decent human beings and compensate them appropriatly for their work.

"Growing company, flexible and lots of room for growth"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Temecula, CA

Pros

Great company to work for. They are expanding like crazy and their clients are mostly Fortune 100 so they are very stable. Management is flexible with taking lunch at whatever time you'd like (there is not set time like many companies); I am able to take lunch during the time my kids are off from school which is nice because I'm able to pick them up and drop them off at their grandparents house, then go back to work. I've learned so much since I've been here and definitely a good company to add to your experience!

Cons

N/A nothing in my case

"Terrible Work Environment"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager/Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager/Account Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Marketing Instincts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Going against the normal OC commuting traffic

Cons

Everything else was a huge con. The typical work day was 8:30am-6:30pm with a 45 min lunch. I was there for 4 months (FYI- 4 months was longer than 80% of the people had been there). I only was able to leave at 6:30 a handful of times, most days I left closer to 7:30pm and stayed and worked during my lunch. You have to wait until you are excused to even take a break. I've never wrote a review on a company before - the only reason I am doing this is I saw they had a high ranking and I was curious to see if management did a 180.... but it looks like they are writing fake reviews about themselves instead. Please do not work here! I have never been treated so poorly or screamed that way in my life.

"STAY AWAY!- RUN, DON'T WALK unless you want to work for free!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

water fountain

Old Town in Temecula is cool

refrigerator is emptied every Friday night

Cons

Expect to work 12 hours per day while your paycheck says 8 hours

Only 5 days off ALL YEAR (are you starting to get the picture?!)

Expect to be yelled at, screamed at, belittled and shamed in front of the others by a
    shrew
    noun
    a woman of violent temper and speech

Advice to Management

How can you make people cry on a Friday night at 9PM and send them home to marinate in their tears all weekend...when all they want to do is HELP YOU build YOUR BUSINESS?

shameful.

"Graphic Artist"

Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Marketing Instincts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Imagine working on game launches before anyone even knows the launch date? Imagine being able to see the new characters on your favorite game before anyone except the game publisher?
    Helping create and design the coolest swag for E3, Comic-con, PAX and special edition game launches.

Cons

Pressure to be creative and think out of the box every day. Somtimes its a break to just do regular production art.

"Love having an endless list of projects and orders"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Temecula, CA

Pros

As an Account Manager I love coming in every day and having an endless list of projects and orders to work on. There's no worry of where are the orders going to come from, no cold calling and sweating it out. Professional, educated clients to work with that now feel like friends.

Cons

Juggling and prioritizing the large project load is the biggest challenge. The pressure to make every client feel as if they are your only one. And the television networks seem to have their award shows at the same time of year, I wish they were more spread out as they are huge projects for us.