Marketo Reviews in Dublin, Co. Dublin | Glassdoor

Marketo Dublin Reviews

Updated August 28, 2017

Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

3.6
Steve Lucas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can suffer against meeting profit targets (in 18 reviews)

• The location of Marketo in San Mateo can be challenging to recruit talent (in 13 reviews)

1. "A fun and exciting company to work for"

Current Intern - Sales Development Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Marketo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I completed the Marketo Internship Programme this summer. Marketo is a fun and an exciting place to work. Over the past 90 days, I’ve been honoured to work with such a great team led by the SDR Manager and to have met some extremely interesting business professionals.
    Here are some of the things I learned:
    - Outbound Prospecting
    - Salesforce CRM Administration
    - LinkedIn Sales Navigator
    - How to create Marketable Insights for Prospects
    - Sales Objection Handling

Cons

The account profiling can get a bit tedious but there are plenty of activities/meetings though out the day to break up the day.

"Great working culture"

I have been working at Marketo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smaller team meaning more learning and collaboration
    - Good focus on career progression and training
    - Fantastic office and resources to help you in your on boarding process
    - Constant feedback and aims so you know when/where improvements need to be made
    - Levelled hierarchy, for example our Managing Director is sat with the rest of the team which sets a good tone and means you are constantly learning from management
    - Great peaks, meals with team, charity events, snacks, coffee
    - Good work/life balance

Cons

- Disconnect between the EU and US offices, however Management are helping to change this and improve communication
    - Difficulty to get all appropriate resources online to maximise sales performance
    - KPIs are high and sometimes hard to achieve

Advice to Management

- Keep the focus on bring in enthusiastic graduates in order to keep the start-up feeling to the office.
    - More focus on Sales training and enablement.
    - Keep the great work/office culture going even as the company scales.

3. "a great place to work"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Marketo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined Marketo and love it. My manager and everyone in the Dublin office made me feel part of the team from day one.
    My team were great at helping and my manager made sure I got everything I needed. I’ve learned a huge amount in a short space of time.
    Work hard play hard is the mantra here with lots of fun, work activities going on.
    People are recognized for their hard work and things like birthday/wedding cakes make me feel like everyone matters here. Everyone is brought out for lunch when they join which really helps get to know your team mates outside of work.
    My team is full of young and enthusiastic people who want to succeed.

targets are constant but I get regular 1/2/1's with my manager so I always know how I'm performing which is great. There are no surprises.

The senior management team is very accessible and open to feedback. They have regular huddles on the floor to ensure the whole team is aware of the strategy and how we as a region are performing. As we are a smallish team in Dublin there is very much an open door policy here.

Cons

Onboarding is tough with a lot of online training.

Advice to Management

keep the communication coming

"Hire & fire mentality and poor sales leadership"

Current Employee - Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Marketo full-time

Pros

* If you aim for Support or Customer Success Manager roles this is a good place to work with strong leaders and a welcoming atmosphere
    * Salary is above average
    * Modern and nice office
    * Amazing product

Cons

* The top management in the US has a vision and I fully trust them. However many in the middle management in Dublin made up their lack of knowledge with dictatorship management style. People who are not willing to obey or should I say crawl get performance improvement plans with silly kpi and get the boot
    * Targets are high
    * No coaching for new hires, the first weeks are horror
    * A lot of internal meetings and huddles and kpi driven. kpi like "time on the phone" or "meetings scheduled" and not kpi with business relevance like opportunities or revenue
    * It is a poisonous environment with everyone pointing fingers and only they best politicians survive

Advice to Management

Call the people who left the company in the last few months and they will tell you the key to make this workplace successful and fun again. Only a few changes and this will be a 5 star-company.

"Generally good times"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

A great group of people

Cons

Lack of communication among teams

Advice to Management

Be more inclusive.

"Great place to work - with caveats!"

I have been working at Marketo full-time

Pros

99% of the people in the Marketo Dublin office are smart, fun to be around, and good at their jobs. My experience has been very positive in that initiative is rewarded and there are opportunities to grow. Fantastic office and a really fun startup atmosphere.

Cons

You have to work hard, and often independently, but it's becoming more supportive for new starters. When I joined it was "sink or swim"! Also, in the greater Marketo organization, EMEA (Dublin) often gets underplayed or ignored.

Advice to Management

There are some gaps in leadership, with some lacking accountability. This creates a cascade of negativity in the rank and file. Luckily we have a supportive and sociable employee culture to counteract this.

"Market leading product, but not market leading leadership."

I have been working at Marketo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good product "Market Leading".
    Ability to compete and win against bigger companies - Salesforce, Oracle, Adobe.
    Good atmosphere between colleagues and different teams.
    Communications with Leadership - Easy visibility and exposure to leadership and senior management as the company is still relatively small.
    Office - New high spec office space in Dublin.
    Benefits - Extremely good
    Compensation - In Sales is extremely good, if you can hit target (See Cons)

Cons

European Leadership - Poor at best, reflected in the high turnover of staff and inability to hire.
    Management - Most were good, but have left.
    Micromanagement - Is now KPI heavy and focussed on quantity. No macro assistance is given though ... it's up to you to deliver as an Individual. (No team focus or best practice).
    The best people are already gone - Losing smart people that are leaders, highly experienced and know the product inside out.
    Go to Market - In Corporate is high volume / low quality call centre style selling. Totally opposite to what the product offers Sales Organisations.
    Marketo is flexing away from SMB segment to MM and ENT, so it's now more difficult to win small deals against smaller vendors (Hubspot, Act-on and below compete aggressively on price).
    Sales Targets - Less that 20% hit yearly target ... abysmal. Very good sales people so the Targets are all wrong.
    C-Level - They all left after the Vista Equity acquisition. Will take a little longer to steady the ship.
    Culture - Trying to build a culture of "Great Place to Work" ... but have been trying that for some time, without changing anything ... other than the people.

Advice to Management

Look at the targets vs past performance and how that benchmarks in the SaaS industry. Listen to the Employees, don't sweep their feedback under the carpet. Lead don't Manage. Smart people need to be led by smart leaders, hopefully Steve and Vista can make the changes and bring in Smart Leadership to match a Winning Culture to a Winning Product.

"lack of trust"

I have been working at Marketo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

medium size company where you can still contribute to the growth and share your thoughts with c level management.
    Good atmosphere and colleagues.
    new facilities.
    Good salaries

Cons

the company does not really know where it goes. lack of visibility.
    Then, promises are made but not respected.
    Spiff and bonus often forgotten.
    AEs are over valuated.
    maybe it reveals a certain lack of overall organization.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises or you lose credibility.

"Great product, bad international go to market strategy"

I have been working at Marketo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good and market leading product, smart people in the sales team

Cons

Terrible top management in Europe(nothing is good enough, process and KPI driven, no culture of embracing positive ideas, no flexibility in any matter) way to high targets as no one hits them even slightly,heavily understuffed in the go to market team, one in the sales team seams to be happy

Advice to Management

If no one in the sales team hit the target there it is fairly obvious that either the targets are too high or all sales guys are unqualified. It is 2016, boiler room management style will not get you anywhere in the long run

"Technical Team Lead"

Current Employee - Technical Team Lead in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Technical Team Lead in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Marketo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good friendly working environment, diverse projects, start-up feeling, great compensation & benefits. Possibility to contribute your footprint to a maturing product and organization.

Cons

US-centric company. Bigger projects and opportunities are in the US. Support from engineering outside the US will be more difficult. Could require a considerable amount of travelling.

Advice to Management

Decentralize engineering and decision making. Lighten the internal administrative machine.