Marketo Reviews in Sydney | Glassdoor

Sydney (Australia)

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Lucas

Pros
  • Work life balance has become a priority (in 9 reviews)

• Great product, people & leadership (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is improving, but can still be a challenge (in 16 reviews)

• San Mateo location isn't ideal depending on where you live (in 12 reviews)

1. "Marketo ANZ"

Current Employee - Services in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Services in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Marketo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The work is challenging & varied
    - Career development is available for all employees, the current MD has a real focus on developing and nurturing the team.
    - I've never had a boring day in the office
    - The team are amazing, you throw your hand up for help and everyone is on board to assist

Cons

- Work life balance is improving, but can still be a challenge.
    - ANZ is a remote office which brings some early morning calls to the USA

Advice to Management

Keep trucking, the change in the ANZ leadership has shifted the dynamic of the office to a really good place

2. "Keep Investing in People"

I have been working at Marketo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Marketo is more than a purple platform for engagement marketing. It is a platform for building a career.

There is a transparent line of management which enables me to communicate my thoughts and ideas, a well-structured recognition system that demonstrates value towards employees, and a scalable network which provides opportunities to travel and collaborate cross-functionally and globally.

In the span of almost two years, I have been able to travel overseas, build relationships, be promoted and grow in not just my department but the whole Marketo company.

Cons

Office space can be expanded and enhanced to scale for the growth of people and to promote a fun working environment

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people
    Maintain transparent line of management

"Great place to work and progress"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney (Australia)

Pros

I was promoted within 12 months to a management role. Marketo has a supportive culture of promoting from within, two of my team members have been set a clear path and will be promoted over the next 6 months. Great energy and vibe across the various teams. Everyone is collaborative and willing to give a helping hand. I have been here 18 months and see myself here long term.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to comment.

Advice to Management

Keep people motivated with incentives and career progression opportunities.

5. "Amazing culture and on-boarding experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Marketo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm a new employee in the Marketo Sydney office. I am amazed at how positive and energetic the team are in the Sydney office - the internal culture is fantastic. If you are looking for a great work environment, and a team of people that are more like a family than work colleagues, definitely consider developing your career with Marketo in Australia. Very focused on rewards for results, and personal development.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say at this point - a truly professional and engaging recruitment and on-boarding experience - I couldn't ask for better!

Advice to Management

Well done Bill - keep up the good work!

6. "Keep Investing In Your People - It's Working!"

Current Employee - Sales in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Marketo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a new Leadership who have focused on investing in people, growing the organization to cover key roles across Sales Operations, Sales Enablement, Professional Services and Support.

Personal & Career Development is a clear focus. I've been with Marketo for almost 3 years and have been promoted into my 3rd role. I've received full support from management to make the move, as they listened and understood my career goals and aspirations. The focus on personal and career development is extremely high across the organization seeing lots of upcoming promotions and movement in the pipeline.

The Commission Plan for Sales Reps are outstanding, setting them up to earn top dollar. Making your quota will see you heading to 'Marketo Masters' for a luxury trip to celebrate your success!

The Benefits Scheme is one of my favourite pro's as we have Top Private Health Insurance, Gym membership Reimbursement, Phone and get to be part of Marketo's 'Give Back Program' with paid time off to volunteer

Cons

Last year saw a great deal of change and uncertainty for some across the organisation around the time of the Vista Equity Partners acquisition. We came through this under the leadership of CEO, and are now in a better position that ever, with a clear focus on accelerating product innovation and customer success.

Also, being a remote office could sometimes feel a bit removed from the hub in the US and would take longer to get some things done. However, this was flagged and we've seen some great improvements and now feel more connected.

Advice to Management

Keep Investing In Your People - It's Working! Build on what you've created so far and keep listening to your employees.

7. "Recent Changes Mean Goldmine for Sales People"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sydney (Australia)

Pros

Through my interview process I was offered roles at Oracle, Salesforce and Marketo. It's pretty early here are thought's so far.

1) Global company, local office feel - Global business with global goals, recognition and resourses. That said, the Australian team is around 50 people so still a strong comradery.

2) Growth - The company was recently bought by a Private Equity firm. I was hesitant as to what this meant at first but so far it's pretty meant a large investment into the team (particularly anything customer or sales focused). This means amazing commission plans (went from around (140 OTE last role to over 200), tonnes of spiffs and loads of team building incentives.

3) Management Change - Globally the acquisition means new management. Leadership constantly talks about making the business "world class" which would explain the new leadership team. Everyone from the Global CEO, CCO, VP Engablement, through to local managers come with (usually) decades of exp in businesses like SAP, IBM, Oracle, Dell, Salesforce etc.

Overall, good for anyone who wants to
    1) Join a close team
    2) Make excellent commission
    3) Learn from experienced leaders

Cons

As a smaller team things can sometimes move a little slower than usual as things like legal resources are based overseas. If you need something after midday (Sydney time) you might have to wait until following day.

Also to get into the business you need to pass a fairly difficult verbal, numerical and spacial reasoning test.

Advice to Management

I took the job to learn so keep the learning and coaching coming and we should be sweet.

"Sales"

I have been working at Marketo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, product and team as well as commission plan and benefits.

Marketo is in a great space and leads the market

A++++++

Cons

Global sales leadership could be better. Very old school and adds little value.

Lots of process internally to get stuff done

Advice to Management

Fix process and hire more dynamic sales leadership that has skills which will add value to the organization

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Pros

- great product
    - market leader
    - thought leader

Cons

- I generally worked 7am-7:30pm and was told I was working the bare minimum
    - Boys club culture of strip clubs at lunch time and huge nights out most nights or the week
    - At one point the entire sales and marketing management team was a group of mates who had the collective experience of having managed 1 person in their careers.
    - I received my commission plan 2 months in and it was one third of what I had promised.

Advice to Management

Hire management with experience, value employees with talent and drive over who will go to the bar with you until they can't stand because you don't want to go home.