Marklund Reviews in Geneva, IL | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

I have been working at Marklund (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients are amazing! If you ask any of the staff why they are here, their answer will be "because of the clients". These clients become family and you can tell through the care of our staff. We have long term staff that have been with Marklund for over 30 years! Markund administration team is great and they do their best to work with you and around your schedule, the benefits are also great! Marklund offers tuition reimbursement because they want you to succeed. Their are so many wonderful opportunities for advancement. Gil, the CEO and Rachelle, Administrator, are very personable and admirable. Gil and Rachelle have an open door policy and you can go to them with any issue and they will resolve it.

Cons

Some of the staff bring negativity to the work force. It is our job as an organization to change it.

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Geneva, IL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Geneva, IL

I worked at Marklund full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for both the CEO & CFO. I can say they truly care about their employees & the clients and always make sure that clients care is a priority! The CEO changed Marklund for the better since he began. I loved working for Marklund and miss not only my job but the wonderful people I worked with.

Cons

Nothing I only left because I moved an hour away.

"Untrustworthy"

Current Employee - CNA in Geneva, IL

I have been working at Marklund (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing clients are the only reason to enjoy working here

Cons

Extremely untrustworthy higher ups. Cannot report anything without retaliation. Policy changes have made moral worse than any place I have ever worked. People are quiting faster than they can be replaced. So many good people that actually cared for the clients are gone. Clients are suffering for this

Advice to Management

Look at who has left. Everyone has left for the same reason, yet you stick behind the wrong person.

"For profit - Non-profit"

Current Employee - Developmental Trainer/Certified Nursing Assistant in Geneva, IL

I have been working at Marklund part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The clients that we serve are remarkably friendly, giving, and kind. Most of the employees are incredibly friendly and team work is to a peak being that we (CNA's) all go through the changes in the company together.
    *The only reason I work for this company is to maintain a solid relationship with the clients that reside there.

Cons

-Management is awful in recent times. (Changes have been progressively occurring for the worst, relative to the past 5 years.)
    -Administrators do not stick, and they keep getting worse. They have had 3 in the last 5 years... one left within 6 months.
    -The divisions within the departments are WELL KNOWN and extremely cliquey.
    -Cross-functional training is out of the question, which could be why the Administration Department has no idea who they even work for (clients) or their name for that matter.
    -The company is non-profit, but is treated FOR profit in regards to their cost saving measures, which ultimately only effect the people who do the major grunt and personal work of the organization.
    -If upper management does not favor you, or conflict arises, regardless of your time dedication to the company (.ie 20 years), they will "eliminate" your position and find a way to replace you.
    -Raises are not guaranteed and they began eliminating all perks that would increase employee morale, like: employees of the quarter program, $50 gift cards for the winter holidays, and soon probably the turkey give aways
    -Changed the positions to extremes by raising hours worked, losing perks, and lessening employee wages. (Ultimately the pay had been given back, only after a majority of the employees had already jumped ship).

Advice to Management

Remember who suffers the most in regards to the changes, the clients. (The work becomes more about cost rather than rewards.

6. "Amazing job and wonderful staff with amazing hearts"

Current Employee - CNA in Geneva, IL

I have been working at Marklund full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great schedule options great management. And such a fulfilling occupation helping those in need

Cons

Pay could be better or offer better benefits for three day shifts