Marmon/Keystone Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Norcross, GA

I worked at Marmon/Keystone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, retirement , it was like working with a family , I worked there for 27 years

Cons

Needed to upgrade there computer system . Needed a better handle on keeping material in stock

"Great Company to work for the first handful years... But then.."

I worked at Marmon/Keystone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work- life balance
    Good Benefits
    Most employees worked well with others

Cons

I'll be honest, Marmon was a nice place to work at first, Then new management started & restructuring began. Its been downhill for years. Closing plants, letting go of people near retirement or people that have stood by Marmon for years & worked their behinds off for this company. The newer Upper Management is a joke & would not even trust if my life depended on it. Marmon's way is to Grow, Grow, Grow!! But how is that even possible if you keep letting go of some of your best employees and Customers. All your employees or shall I say "graveyard shift" are overworked and underpaid. No one is happy & always looking over their shoulder, just waiting for the ship to sink. Its sad.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth what is really going on. Start looking for a new job.

"not good"

I worked at Marmon/Keystone full-time

Pros

Use to be many Pros. Something happened over the last couple years

Cons

for a sales company, they treat customers really bad. Upper managers have no say just take orders from Executive management 180 from the years that they showed growth Now closing branches, people getting fired, and recently, great people quitting as they see no future

Advice to Management

go back to the days when the company was growing and making money. Even in year when the whole industry were not making money

"Beware skeptical of management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marmon/Keystone full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of work since there are so few employees. Great talent pool for competition. Get to see front row on how to run a business in the ground.

Cons

Feel bad for new employees that have no idea what they are walking into. You better keep that resume up to date.

Advice to Management

Don't do to us in the west what you did to the east.

"Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic"

I worked at Marmon/Keystone full-time

Pros

If you like being busy your job responsibilities will continue to grow as Marmon loses customers and employees and ask the survivors to do more with less...at the same salary.

If you enjoy drinking 80/20 Kool-Aid this is the place for you. However you will have to develop a liking for a slight antifreeze aftertaste, because the top dogs are poisoning everything that was once good about Marmon.

Cons

Marmon is in a death spiral. Their ill-advised management strategies result in falling business levels, so they have to reduce head counts and inventories to match the decreased revenues, which causes service issues that further negatively affect business levels, which necessitates further resource cuts. Lather, rinse, repeat...right down the drain!

Constantly changing guardrail-to-guardrail business strategies.

Micromanagement.

Cult-like management group-think because if you speak your mind, you're out. This ensures that the company doubles down on disastrous business policies, like firing customers. As the old guard management is forced to leave, all that is left are the yes-men who are only worried about their own jobs. There is no concern for the individual human beings they supervise and nobody speaks the truth. The current atmosphere is oppressive and everyone is looking over their shoulders, terrified of being handed their walking papers. Absolutely nobody in management can be trusted.

Advice to Management

Do you really think that Marmon is heading in the right direction? Have the guts and personal integrity to call this out for the circus that it is. Or else get out now. It is only a matter of time until this whole house of cards collapses.

Marmon/Keystone Response

May 16, 2017 – Dir. of Human Resources

You are welcome to contact Human Resources to discuss your concerns. They can be reached at 724-283-3000. We regret to hear you had a negative experience.

6. "Administrative Supervisor"

Current Employee - Administrative Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Marmon/Keystone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with the Marmon Company has been an experience, that has increased my knowledge in many areas as a Manager. Working with the team of people has been enlightening and great to work with. Great Benefits, great salary, Educational benefits, lots of training. Love my job.

Cons

I have not found any downside in the company. Anything that is not satisfactory we are always able to talk to our Supervisors or Managers and things are taking care of.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Marmon/Keystone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Besides having great benefits the atmosphere is most welcoming. Teamwork is natural around here.

Cons

As with working for any large company, more red tape. Have to go thru channels to get authorization on certain items. Not all items.

"Having Faith"

I have been working at Marmon/Keystone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Marmon Keystone has been around for a long time. Currently, yes going through some changes. Through these changes still able to give out raises. Offers solid benefits, vacations, sick days and will work with employees on flexible hours when needed.

Cons

As Marmon redefines who they are in the industry, some changes do need to be made.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate direction.

9. "EMPLOYEE REVIEW"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Marmon/Keystone full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most everyone I have contact with are really good people to work with. We have great insurance, wages are OK for our area, but could be a little higher. My job has a lot of interaction over the internet with other employees, and people I work with daily are good people. The building I work in is clean and welcoming.

Cons

Raises: small and not yearly. No overtime.

Advice to Management

Before implementing procedure and program changes, ask for more employee input.

"Cautiously Pessamistic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA

I have been working at Marmon/Keystone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We will not go bankrupt

Cons

Mass 'lay offs' (firings) have sent the rest of the employees looking over their shoulder at all times. The past 2 years have been hell. Pep talks of how we are going to grow/we are family blah blah are endless, tiresome, and rather pathetic. The only problem is we have nobody left to 'grow' the company because we are cut to the bone. You now do the job of 3-4 people with the same pay, 'increases' pushed back another month. That's when I started to update my resume. I can be just as miserable making the same or more pay somewhere else. Also, these reviews in March with the utopia mindset? These people are either brainwashed or paid because this happy go lucky atmosphere doesn't exist at this time. I mean half of our workforce has been cut in half and these people think its the greatest time in Marmon/Keystone history? I know cuts needed to be made but when 5 star reviews are being produced like a fast food burger, one has to use their head.

I am sticking around to see the train wreck and if I will survive, but believe you me, indeed, linked in jobs, and monster are on top of my favorites list right now.

Advice to Management

Hire back half the people you fired because the rest of us are treading water.

Marmon/Keystone Response

May 16, 2017 – Dir. of Human Resources

Human Resources is certainly available for you if you'd like to discuss your concerns. They can be reached at 724-283-3000.