Marquipwardunited Reviews | Glassdoor

Timothy J. Sullivan

1. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Marquipwardunited full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company. Good opportunity for growth.

Cons

Expensive health care plan. Lower than average wages.

Advice to Management

There are too many people in leadership positions that are not leaders.

2. "Love my job, not the politics"

I have been working at Marquipwardunited full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most of the people are great to work with. Flexible schedule. They really do value the family aspect of each employee. The pay is fair for this area.

Cons

No training. They show you where you sit and then leave the rest up to you. Some senior employees won't lift a finger to help. It's almost like they are afraid that you will take their job. People are sometimes very disrespectful and are allowed to keep getting away with it. It's the good ol' boys mentality. If you party with the leadership after hours or are a friend of them you are sure to move up the corporate ladder. If not you are pretty much dead in the water. Definite favoritism in every aspect of the word.
    Health insurance is extremely expensive. You pay the same amount for employee and spouse than an employee with a spouse and 8 dependents.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk instead of just talking the talk. Leadership peer reviews might help you to understand how your employees really feel. In my department, the GPL is pretty much a joke.

3. "Computer Programming Intern"

Former Intern - Computer Programming in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Intern - Computer Programming in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at Marquipwardunited as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

As and intern, I went into the job thinking I only had 6 months of work. I ended up spending almost two and half years there. It was one of the best jobs I have ever had. My fellow employees were great, the pay was fantastic, and it gave me two and half years experience in programming. They are big on hiring families, as my dad had been there 20 years and that may have played into why my brother and I got the job. Everything was very organized, there were daily and weekly meetings, and even though I was an intern, I was treated as a full fledged employee and everyone was willing to answer any questions I may have had. I would highly recommend working here. I even had the chance to meet the CEO, Bob Chapman, which was really neat.

Cons

It was far drive for me, but there was nothing they could have done about that.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing, and you guys will continue to thrive as a prominent company.

5. "In your face about how well they treat you, but they don't follow through in any measurable way."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cockeysville, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cockeysville, MD

I have been working at Marquipwardunited full-time

Pros

There are a lot of good people in the trenches. The 401k is average. The schedules are somewhat flexible for some employees.

Cons

Benefits are atrocious. Extremely expensive in every way (premiums & deductibles). Vacation accrual is far below industry standard (7 years to get a 3rd week) and salaried employees don't get personal days. Pay is slightly below average, but the raises are so bad you go from not great to worse over time. If management thinks they're doing a good job they aren't listening to anyone, there's a great deal of discontent within every department.

Advice to Management

Please follow through on what you preach! if you care so much about how you "touch my life" show me in some measurable way. And no, driving a company car for a week does not cut it, to someone trying to balance a budget each month that's just a slap in the face.

6. "Lots of favoritism and no reguard to those that actually work"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Cockeysville, MD
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Cockeysville, MD

I worked at Marquipwardunited as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Management could care less about employees unless they are related. Some people could make their own hours and some could not. One manager has anger issues in my opinion, he throws temper tantrums and yells a lot.

Advice to Management

Be fair across the board. Treat everyone the same and stop showing outright favortism. Work with every employee and treat the like you would want to be treated.

7. "The down fall of a work place."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

They do try to keep from laying off in slow times,flexible hours,location.

Cons

Pay increases are just a fraction of cost of living if any, and this seems to be all of the people who are willing to share thier pay raise information. Increase in benefit cost always out pace pay increases, plus very poor benefits. Upper management needs to practice what it preaches. A cut throat enviroment to work in. The people who are willing to stoop this level are the only people who seem to advanced. This seem envirment seems to favored by upper management.

Advice to Management

Learned to appreciate all your good workers, not just the cut throat type.

8. "i would describe my experience at M.W.U. as sad"

Pros

Most assembly personel are nice,friendly and helpful. they try not to lay off.

Cons

low pay
    high insurance
    no chance for advancement
    management is not involved/ clueless
     no-one held responsible

Advice to Management

Listen

9. "MarquipWardUnited not a long term job if you want to advance."

Pros

Country setting, and pay is far for the area.

Cons

Little chance for advancement, management doesn't know the value of the employees it has. The company says it listens to its employees, but they don't. It is a cut throat company. Insurance is to high.

Advice to Management

Put into practice what you preach and listen to your employees.